Is there more hatred of metal amongst the left or right today?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:32:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is there more hatred of metal amongst the left or right today?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Is there more hatred of metal amongst the left or right today?
Left

Right

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Is there more hatred of metal amongst the left or right today?  (Read 5714 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2015, 01:08:21 AM »

Threads like this prove AAD sucks.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2015, 01:51:22 AM »

BRTD posting bad threads in FC just as he always does has nothing to do with AAD, and if this post is an indication of quality then Atlas is the one that you should be saying sucks.

May I ask how you know what's going on over at AAD? Are you registered?

PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2015, 02:16:32 AM »

So to sum up, ITT BRTD posts some nonsense, and several posters proceed to make even less sense.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2015, 06:25:42 AM »

BRTD posting bad threads in FC just as he always does has nothing to do with AAD, and if this post is an indication of quality then Atlas is the one that you should be saying sucks.

May I ask how you know what's going on over at AAD? Are you registered?

BRTD is one of the top 5 cheerleaders for AAD.
BRTD has an entire place there for his stupid sh**t.
BRTD STILL comes here to post his stupid sh**t.

So a place BRTD claims is better, has an entire section dedicated to him.....yet this thread and the dozen or so more like it that he's created since putting on the short, pleated skirts are still here.  It's very telling.

Say there is a bar, and in that bar there is a specific drunk that almost every night wants to play darts.  But when he plays darts, people get hurt.  He starts complaining about the bouncers after a lot of other people have (not about the dart playing, just general issues).  Finally, the people that don't like the bouncers buy an old IHOP down the street and turn it into a bar.  The dart playing drunk starts going to the new bar.  Not much changes at the old bar, most of the same people still come in....many of them go to both bars, some of them tell the people at the old bar how great the new one is.  Which is fine, once......

but it goes on.  They keep saying it.  Will it end?  It doesn't look like it.  They talk it up good!  Old friends, long banned from the old bar are back.  They arrange the booths differently.  They have weird cocktails that your friends can put stickers on, very popular with the kids!  Very exclusive, no advertising, no people off the streets...very insular, very controlled by leadership.  The drunk dart player has his own room for everyone's safety, which is great except...he keeps going to the old bar to play darts.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2015, 08:01:34 AM »

what
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2015, 09:05:37 AM »

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2015, 11:06:51 PM »

so rebel!
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2015, 11:45:30 PM »

who cares
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2015, 09:07:30 AM »
« Edited: August 11, 2015, 09:10:04 AM by Simfan34 »

I was thinking more about how a certain Minneapolis hardcore band has a song called "Cleanse The Filth" where they call for the annihilation of (amongst many other things) metal culture.

Are we supposed to get the reference to the name of the band? Because I don't.

Also how did High Tories get involved in this discussion, of all things?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2015, 11:55:23 AM »

The lunatic elements of the right (Christian fundamentalists) and the pseudo-left (SJWs) probably hate it more or less equally, although the former is a much larger group with (for the moment) a much bigger impact on society at large, so I voted 'the right' in this semi-retarded poll. I remember metal music being described as satanic at my SBC church growing up, and I also recall my mom being uneasy about me listening to it in high school, so that's anecdotal, but whatever. At the end of the day the Christian fundamentalist and the Social Justice Warrior are one in the same as is, so its a moot point.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2015, 07:33:49 AM »

The lunatic elements of the right (Christian fundamentalists) and the pseudo-left (SJWs) probably hate it more or less equally, although the former is a much larger group with (for the moment) a much bigger impact on society at large, so I voted 'the right' in this semi-retarded poll. I remember metal music being described as satanic at my SBC church growing up, and I also recall my mom being uneasy about me listening to it in high school, so that's anecdotal, but whatever. At the end of the day the Christian fundamentalist and the Social Justice Warrior are one in the same as is, so its a moot point.

It is fascinating to me how BRTD argues that "METAL SO RIGHT WING!" when metal musicians have historically been more likely to be attacked by right wing institutions like organized religion for being a cult of Satan, even going so far as to take metal bands (this is probably the most well known episode outside of the PMRC label case) to court over teenage suicides.  Seriously, I remember reading a protestant self-study (oh the horror, I thought proties were all open minded liberals!) that identified Ozzy Osbourne as a member of the Church of Satan.

It is amazing how much fact the redder ignores to suit his own biases.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2015, 05:17:56 PM »

I really don't know and the issue is worthy of a mega survey conducted worldwide. Speaking from my little knowledge of worldly affairs, I'd say that fans of Satanic musical expressions tend to care little about politics. Moving on to other things, I'd like a serious discussion on Manowar. The iconography of their album covers fascinates me. Another interesting discussion topic would be Laibach, the first band of the Western World that is going to take a tour in North Korea (at the Kim Won Gyun Music Conservatory in the capital Pyongyang on August 19 and 20).
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2015, 12:20:02 AM »

It is fascinating to me how BRTD argues that "METAL SO RIGHT WING!" when metal musicians have historically been more likely to be attacked by right wing institutions like organized religion for being a cult of Satan, even going so far as to take metal bands (this is probably the most well known episode outside of the PMRC label case) to court over teenage suicides.  Seriously, I remember reading a protestant self-study (oh the horror, I thought proties were all open minded liberals!) that identified Ozzy Osbourne as a member of the Church of Satan.

It is amazing how much fact the redder ignores to suit his own biases.

Uh, I never said that. Although if you were talking only about mainline Protestants I would probably generally agree.

However for all of their general awfulness, the Religious Right criticism of metal is quite valid due to its frequent promotions of neo-Nazism, misogyny, and suicide.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2015, 06:02:37 AM »

However for all of their general awfulness, the Religious Right criticism of metal is quite valid due to its frequent promotions of neo-Nazism, misogyny, and suicide.

You forgot metal promotes the Cult of Satan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbEShASPgME
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2015, 01:14:55 PM »
« Edited: August 13, 2015, 01:51:28 PM by The Year Summer Ended In July »

Yes, which is also awful and right-wing because the Church of Satan is basically a bunch of Randians who are trying to appear even more "edgy".
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2015, 12:58:28 PM »

Yes, which is also awful and right-wing because the Church of Satan is basically a bunch of Randians who are trying to appear even more "edgy".

Do you have stats on this?

And I'm not sure why everything you happen to dislike is in an ideology you dislike. Life isn't usually that convenient.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2015, 01:13:06 PM »

Metal is working class, making it a target of derision by both the right and the most visible sector of the puhgressive left.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2015, 09:10:26 AM »

Metal haters are probably more religious, so I'd say right.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2015, 07:53:14 AM »

Also how did High Tories get involved in this discussion, of all things?

They came to mind as a subset of the right that, on the whole, probably dislikes metal, but for somewhat different reasons than your common or garden religious conservative.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2015, 12:16:29 AM »

Metal is working class, making it a target of derision by both the right and the most visible sector of the puhgressive left.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2015, 09:00:21 AM »

Then what exactly is "scene" music if not working class?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2015, 09:01:04 AM »

Also I like this point I made elsewhere arguing with someone about how hardcore scene music is so much more progressive: Has any metal band ever had a song about feeling guilty for staring at a girl's ass?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2015, 09:40:14 AM »

Then what exactly is "scene" music if not working class?

'SCENE' AND METAL ARE NOT SOME SORT OF DICHOTOMY.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2015, 10:43:25 AM »

Also I like this point I made elsewhere arguing with someone about how hardcore scene music is so much more progressive: Has any metal band ever had a song about feeling guilty for staring at a girl's ass?

probably not because people in metal bands are human beings instead of guilt-ridden robotic losers
hotdish

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2015, 11:26:05 AM »

Scandinavia has quite a metal scene from what I have heard. According to this thread, Scandinavia must also have a lot of problems with suicidal neo-Nazi misogynists who promote the Cult of Satan.

probably not because people in metal bands are human beings instead of guilt-ridden robotic losers
That does kind of sound like Confession, though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies