Is there more hatred of metal amongst the left or right today?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:14:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is there more hatred of metal amongst the left or right today?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Is there more hatred of metal amongst the left or right today?
Left

Right

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Is there more hatred of metal amongst the left or right today?  (Read 5728 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2015, 12:09:32 PM »

Scandinavia has quite a metal scene from what I have heard. According to this thread, Scandinavia must also have a lot of problems with suicidal neo-Nazi misogynists who promote the Cult of Satan.

Erm that actually did happen in Norway.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varg_Vikernes
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2015, 10:07:33 AM »

Also I like this point I made elsewhere arguing with someone about how hardcore scene music is so much more progressive: Has any metal band ever had a song about feeling guilty for staring at a girl's ass?

probably not because people in metal bands are human beings instead of guilt-ridden robotic losers

This.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2015, 10:10:16 AM »

It's pretty funny that anyone would accuse modern day PUNK subculture of being "guilt ridden robotic losers".
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2015, 10:15:02 AM »

The lunatic elements of the right (Christian fundamentalists) and the pseudo-left (SJWs) probably hate it more or less equally, although the former is a much larger group with (for the moment) a much bigger impact on society at large, so I voted 'the right' in this semi-retarded poll. I remember metal music being described as satanic at my SBC church growing up, and I also recall my mom being uneasy about me listening to it in high school, so that's anecdotal, but whatever. At the end of the day the Christian fundamentalist and the Social Justice Warrior are one in the same as is, so its a moot point.

It is fascinating to me how BRTD argues that "METAL SO RIGHT WING!" when metal musicians have historically been more likely to be attacked by right wing institutions like organized religion for being a cult of Satan, even going so far as to take metal bands (this is probably the most well known episode outside of the PMRC label case) to court over teenage suicides.  Seriously, I remember reading a protestant self-study (oh the horror, I thought proties were all open minded liberals!) that identified Ozzy Osbourne as a member of the Church of Satan.

It is amazing how much fact the redder ignores to suit his own biases.

Yeah, special level of lulz for believing that more than 1% at most of Metallica, Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, et al fans have ever heard of, let alone listen to, the sub-sub genre of neo Nazi Scandinavian death metal. i wonder if it has ever dawned on him that most white power bands like Skrewdriver are DECIDEDLY punk in their "music".
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2015, 12:30:36 PM »

But Skrewdriver is very old school punk which is only tangentially related to the music of the modern scene. Try finding a Neo-Nazi band that sounds ds like Fugazi or Jawbreaker.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2015, 01:33:59 AM »

Also I like this point I made elsewhere arguing with someone about how hardcore scene music is so much more progressive: Has any metal band ever had a song about feeling guilty for staring at a girl's ass?

I usually forget Atlas within 2 seconds of logging off, but this post was so awful it has nagged at the back of my brain for weeks.

If a guy blatantly stares at a girl's ass while he is with another woman, that's insulting to his date and a douche move. If it is done in such an overt lecherous way as to make the recipient uncomfortable, that's even more dickish. It would also be rather shallow and self-absorbed to do so while one's own significant other is sick in bed, or giving birth (saw a guy checking a nurse's backside hard as his girlfriend was being wheeled into the maternity ward---toolwaffle)

Beyond those exceptions though, it is the height of weeniedom to actually feel guilty for checking out a woman's body.

The height of weeniedom, except to feel compelled to write a song over such ass-glimpsing guilt is somehow far, far worse. The nadir of pussydom. There, I said it.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2015, 10:28:13 AM »

Song in question:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Pussy? Also it's clearly an attack on overall objectification of women through society in general. See the last line.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2015, 07:42:04 PM »

Song in question:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Pussy? Also it's clearly an attack on overall objectification of women through society in general. See the last line.

My God . i never dreamed it could be even worse than you described , and yet it is.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies