Does anybody here really think Jeb will be the nominee anymore? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:01:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Does anybody here really think Jeb will be the nominee anymore? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does anybody here really think Jeb will be the nominee anymore?  (Read 4931 times)
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« on: August 07, 2015, 01:41:30 PM »

He's still the frontrunner. The debate helped more than hurt him I think. He got better as the debate continued and sounded very competent and presidential. He's got a large war chest as well with plenty of establishment backing. He was a successful governor of a crucial swing state and has the best potential out of any of the candidates to reach out to hispanic voters.

He's still the likely nominee out of the current bunch.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 07:45:23 PM »

Its clear he's not the frontrunner; and cant spin his way through nomination. He can still win, but Trump is becoming more presidential.

Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 12:40:48 AM »

That is why I believe Scott Walker is Jeb Bush's biggest challenger for the nomination. If it comes down to a choice between them, I can tell you anyone who wants to win should support Bush because Walker is Romney 2.0

I don't know. After what happened with Todd Akin in 2012 the Republicans learned a lesson about avoiding candidates (particularly and perhaps unfairly, male candidates) from representing the Republican Party with extreme abortion positions. This, combined with the high likelihood of Clinton being the nominee, means that Scott Walker's abortion answer at the debate really dimmed his prospects for even being on the Republican ticket.

I'd say Rubio and Kasich are bigger threats to Bush than Walker is at this point.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies