What happened to Schweitzer?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:57:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What happened to Schweitzer?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What happened to Schweitzer?  (Read 1817 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 07, 2015, 02:49:30 PM »

Whatever happened to Schweitzer?

I know he revealed himself to be a terrible politician, Democrat, and person... but he seemed like he wanted to be the flamethrowing, Democratic version of Donald Trump.

And then poof, he's gone.

What happened?
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 03:07:24 PM »

Literally zero support.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 03:23:59 PM »

He was originally my second choice but then
he revealed himself to be a terrible politician, Democrat, and person
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 03:30:38 PM »

Democrats lost interest and he decided to do his mining company chairman thing instead.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 03:57:05 PM »

If Hillary wasn't running, he'd be in, and have some hope of being nominated. But Hillary scared him away.
whanztastic
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 04:32:50 PM »

Democrats aren't much interested in politicians who blame video games for gun violence. This isn't the 90s anymore.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2015, 04:52:36 PM by eric82oslo »

Democrats aren't much interested in politicians who blame video games for gun violence. This isn't the 90s anymore.

Then how do you explain that basically the only thing the Norwegian mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik did in the entire year before his mass killings was playing video games? No connection whatsoever? And it wasn't just any kind of video game. It was the single most violent there is out there. The combination mental illness and violent video games can be pretty deadly, just as the combination of mental illness and gun possession can be pretty lethal too.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 04:59:35 PM »

Then how do you explain that basically the only thing the Norwegian mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik did in the entire year before his mass killings was playing video games? No connection whatsoever? And it wasn't just any kind of video game. It was the single most violent there is out there. The combination mental illness and violent video games can be pretty deadly, just as the combination of mental illness and gun possession can be pretty lethal too.
Instead of worrying about video games why don't you worry about the fact that Brevick will be out of your prisons in about 18 years.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 05:25:31 PM »

I figured it was due to his comments last year about southern men looking effeminate.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 05:33:47 PM »

If Hillary wasn't running, he'd be in, and have some hope of being nominated. But Hillary scared him away.
Hillary didn't scare him away... he was bashing Hillary and Obama all the time.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 05:48:13 PM »

He had been giving a bunch of interviews and looking like he was going to run.  Then he said this:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=194149.0

It set off a huge firestorm, and he then stopped doing interviews and disappeared off the national scene.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 05:50:07 PM »

He had been giving a bunch of interviews and looking like he was going to run.  Then he said this:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=194149.0

It set off a huge firestorm, and he then stopped doing interviews and disappeared off the national scene.

Dear God, that's rude, and I don't even like Feinstein whatsoever. That makes me glad he is not in the race.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 05:51:12 PM »

After dissing Dems on that Senate; Dems dropped him & pursued Clinton😍
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 06:53:58 PM »

Instead of worrying about video games why don't you worry about the fact that Brevick will be out of your prisons in about 18 years.

No he won't. Norwegian prisons have a maximum sentencing, but he's up for review at the end of that where he can (and almost assuredly will) be sentenced to 19/20 more years.

It's essentially adding on another sentence.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 06:59:09 PM »

Correlation doesn't equal causation. It may very well be that serial killers tend to play a lot of violent video games, but that doesn't mean that violent video games somehow turn you into a serial killer.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 07:00:17 PM »

Considering that he was a political extremist, I would wager that variable has a lot more to do with his desire to kill than playing video games.
whanztastic
Rookie

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 09:10:34 PM »

How do you explain that the Columbine shooters went bowling right before their massacre?
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2015, 10:11:18 PM »

Didn't know about his comments on video games, that makes me like him less. I saw several interviews with him discussing foreign policy and he seemed to know what he was talking about in regards to Iran though. Disappointed that he flamed out so quickly and reveled himself to be so gaffe prone he makes Biden look composed.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2015, 10:17:55 PM »

Roll Eyes
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2015, 10:20:11 PM »

Roll Eyes
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2015, 10:21:24 PM »

Correlation does not equal causation. Video games in Japan are more violent then in the US and i've never heard of a Japanese school shooting.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2015, 11:58:18 PM »

Honestly, back before he ran his mouth too much, I wanted him to be the 2016 Dem nominee and Huntsman the GOP nominee. Why? Because I wanted the possibility of the two major nominees to yell in Arabic and Mandarin at each other.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2015, 12:07:39 AM »

I don't know that he was ever planning to run, he made it clear he didn't really want to leave Montana for Washington D.C even while he flirted with running.

I don't doubt that his comments were part of the reason why he was no longer mentioned, but I believe the main reason he lost interest in running is because he engineered a takeover of the board of directors of a mining company that he is now the Chairperson of.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2015, 12:46:59 AM »

Honestly, back before he ran his mouth too much, I wanted him to be the 2016 Dem nominee and Huntsman the GOP nominee. Why? Because I wanted the possibility of the two major nominees to yell in Arabic and Mandarin at each other.

Literally this.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2015, 09:14:01 AM »
« Edited: August 08, 2015, 09:37:40 AM by Mr. Morden »

No, just no.

I've played Grand Theft Auto V for WEEKS STRAIGHT before.  Never in that time did I ever seriously think about going out to the gun store, getting a sweet ass assault rifle, and shooting up a school.  Now, I have thought about getting into a fight with meth addicted bikers, huffing some super glue, having sex with four different hookers to get back at my wife for cheating on me the smurf smurfing smurf she is, getting some rock cocaine, and even robbing a Jewelry store so I wouldn't have to work for the next two years so I could pursue my Master's degree, but shooting up a school full of kids?

Now the few times I have held a Nerf gun?  Yeah, I obviously don't trust myself with an actual gun so I don't blame people who are in support of gun control policies.  I mean yeah I wouldn't propose them myself nor am I a huge advocate of them, but obviously a gun culture like we have in America is just not right and needs addressing.

But of course you are talking about people with mental illnesses, which really proves you don't know what you are talking about.  People with mental illnesses often go psycho over teddy bears, barbie dolls, Jodie Foster, the color of the sky, gluten free spaghetti, and a bunch of other completely totally random GD things that wouldn't make sense to any regular person.  Trying to lay it all down on violent video games, which are extremely popular in nations with very little violent crime compared to the US, is just wrong.  Video games if anything help people channel their innermost psychological urges into the game, thus giving them an avenue to take out much pent up aggression, rage, and anger.  I could just as easily argue that the downtrend in crime over the past thirty years SINCE THE 80S correlates to the rise in video game technology beyond simple Mario and Luigi smurf into all out Goldeneye and Fallout 3 smurf that allows kids to kill people and feel good about it but not in real life.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies