The Social Liberals - Manifesto Launch! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:23:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  The Social Liberals - Manifesto Launch! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Social Liberals - Manifesto Launch!  (Read 1571 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« on: August 10, 2015, 08:56:34 AM »

Some basic ideas our party should probably support.

-Reducing trade barriers
-Preserving and protecting our ecosystems, including the Amazon Rainforest
-Support for small business
-Tax breaks for the middle and working class
-Support for indigenous communities and culture
-Investment in renewable energy
-Support for gay marriage and abortion rights
-Poverty support for those who need it
-Support universal health care but with availability of private options
-A reduced, more efficient military
-Pursuing human rights and peace abroad

To start off the discussion on our party platform.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

We also have this, courtesy of SJoyce outlining our broad vision for the welfare and economy.

In my view, our platform shouldn't get too nitty-gritty on details, but give the basic pitch on some of the issues I suggested in that opening post and especially the critical issues that the GM mentioned in his post earlier this week, such as a continental citizenship law and relations with Atlasia/the U.S.A.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 05:37:25 PM »

Election Campaign Message

With the election that will determine the future of South America less than two days away, it is my duty as the Leader of the Social Liberals to make my pitch for unaffiliated, undecided, or independent voters to cast a ballot for us this weekend.

Before our platform is released tonight, let me reiterate what we stand for.

We want a tolerant, open society above anything else. We will support the legalization of same-sex marriage and legal, safe abortions. Indigenous and other minority communities will be given the due they deserve as key components of a multicultural, diverse South America.

We will establish a stable and flexible framework for the government. We will create a permanent, elected head of state and determine the role and functions of local government. To ease integration, we will pass a universal citizenship law as soon as possible. In line with core principles, we will pursue a liberal immigration policy, as we believe that immigrants form much of the backbone that makes South America truly great.

We want to create a sustainable society that will last for generations to come. In line with that, we will work to conserve and restore as many of South America's native ecosystems, flora, and fauna as possible. Accelerating growth in and usage of renewable energy sources such as wind shall also be among our goals.

We want to balance the free market with a role for government in uplifting the weakest among us. We will introduce universal healthcare, but make sure that private options are available for those who desire them. A strong social safety net will always exist as long as we are in government for those who need it. We are not opposed to the nationalization of certain industries for the public good, but feel that this should only be an option when no better alternatives are available.

We are committed to free trade wherever possible, and open commerce between nations other than our own. For economic development, we will pursue support for small businesses and entrepreneurship across the continent, making it easier to thrive in today's competitive world. We will support a reasonable progressive taxation system, with reduced rates for the working and middle class. We will fight for and protect basic workplace rights.

We want to re-establish diplomatic relations with our northern neighbor, the former United States of America, provided that they are willing to work in good faith with us and make proper reforms to their own country to survive. We want a smaller, more efficient military and to avoid unnecessary violent conflict. Our foreign policy shall advantage countries devoted to our core tenets of human rights and justice, and work to implement them in those that are not.

I firmly believe that we are the party best suited to representing South Americans of all stripes and colors; the Social Liberals have the most realistic, mature plan to develop our newly united continent into a global superpower, with fairness, equality, and opportunity at home. Our party compromises a broad tent of individuals, ranging from classical liberals to social democrats, yet we all share a commitment to pragmatism in government and a great love for this country.

We humbly ask for your support this weekend to combat the challenges ahead. Thank you.

X Talleyrand
Parliamentary Leader
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 10:40:21 AM »

Election Campaign Message

The elections results are in, and we have turned in a fantastic performance. Despite being the smallest of three major parties, we came within just one vote of winning a remarkable sixth seat! I thank all newly elected Social Liberal MPs, party members, and supporters for their part in this incredible feat, and promise that we will build on it in the future.

We have spoken to the other parties about the future of South America, and the sort of government we want to lead South America in its first days. I am pleased to state that we are confident that the Social Liberals shall be a key part in the development of our new nation, and that the exact part we will play will be announced in the coming days. Stay tuned for updates.

Thank you all once again!

X Talleyrand
Parliamentary Leader
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies