Paul: Trump's kids never worked at Pizza Hut
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:15:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Paul: Trump's kids never worked at Pizza Hut
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Paul: Trump's kids never worked at Pizza Hut  (Read 3830 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2015, 09:47:58 AM »

This kind of voyeristic obsession with a candidate's family creeps me out.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2015, 09:50:08 AM »

So, I guess Rand Paul is calling his own kids lazy failures? After all, he just finished saying how the only thing makes you wealthy is hard work:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rand-paul-income-inequality-working-harder_55c77af0e4b0923c12bd2c2a

Dude, you make absolutely no sense. Rand is saying hard work makes you money, and that is true. Just because his kids aren't rich yet is meaningless as they don't have half the money the Donald's kids have.
So, Donald's kids (who are richer than his, and who he is criticizing), must have worked harder than his own. At least, in the made-up world of Rand Paul logic.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2015, 09:51:02 AM »

The real issue here--and the one that everybody has this far ignored--is that Pizza Hut's pizza is well below average.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2015, 03:08:18 PM »

The real issue here--and the one that everybody has this far ignored--is that Pizza Hut's pizza is well below average.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2015, 03:15:56 PM »

Papa John's 2016.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2015, 03:59:17 PM »

You think I'm a non-ironic Donald Trump supporter?!

Surely it's obvious, even if you if you've never seen a post of mine outside this thread. Why would I speak of "stooping to the level" of someone I supported?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2015, 04:00:04 PM »

Reminds me of when Hilary Rosen said Ann Romney never worked a day in her life.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2015, 09:16:24 PM »

Paul now has this new web ad up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NenX9tWsjfc

He's engaged in a back and forth feud with Trump in the media, which is covered at length here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/12/new-rand-paul-video-basically-calls-donald-trump-a-closet-democrat/
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2015, 09:28:07 PM »

I have never soured on a politician as quickly as I've soured on Rand Paul.

Paul should go back to being an eye doctor. This politics thing isn't working out for him.

This is kind of how I feel.  I was initially disposed to vote for Rand Paul before the rest of the field because he was the most anti-war and not a toady for fast-tracking free trade agreements.  But he's run a terrible campaign so far, and his debate performance has pretty much ruined him.  It's so bad that even RON Paul fans have soured on Rand to some degree, and are checking out other alternatives. 

Ron Paul was generally upbeat and positive, even when being critical.  He was easy to listen to, and you tended to sympathize with him when ignoramuses would gang up on him and shaft hem.  He stuck to his guns, and kept principles before personalities.  Rand, on the other hand, now has an image of being heavy and negative, and most people think that Donald Trump tied him up in knots.  And, in truth, Trump DID tie Rand Paul up in knots.  I never would have thought that would happen, but he got suckered into a needless argument with Trump and he was made to look foolish.

That, by the way, is one of Trump's talents; he has the ability to make others look foolish, even as they are congratulating themselves on how they thought they just got the best of The Donald.  You, the reader, may think I'm wrong here, but the bulk of polls say that at the least, I've got a point.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2015, 10:43:24 PM »

I have never soured on a politician as quickly as I've soured on Rand Paul.

Paul should go back to being an eye doctor. This politics thing isn't working out for him.

This is kind of how I feel.  I was initially disposed to vote for Rand Paul before the rest of the field because he was the most anti-war and not a toady for fast-tracking free trade agreements.  But he's run a terrible campaign so far, and his debate performance has pretty much ruined him.  It's so bad that even RON Paul fans have soured on Rand to some degree, and are checking out other alternatives. 

Ron Paul was generally upbeat and positive, even when being critical.  He was easy to listen to, and you tended to sympathize with him when ignoramuses would gang up on him and shaft hem.  He stuck to his guns, and kept principles before personalities.  Rand, on the other hand, now has an image of being heavy and negative, and most people think that Donald Trump tied him up in knots.  And, in truth, Trump DID tie Rand Paul up in knots.  I never would have thought that would happen, but he got suckered into a needless argument with Trump and he was made to look foolish.

That, by the way, is one of Trump's talents; he has the ability to make others look foolish, even as they are congratulating themselves on how they thought they just got the best of The Donald.  You, the reader, may think I'm wrong here, but the bulk of polls say that at the least, I've got a point.

Donald Trump actually makes the other candidates look smart, regardless of if they are or not, because he is a stupid person, he knows nothing about issues, he knows nothing about the real world, he's just an egomaniac and attention whore.

I am disappointed that my candidate, Jeb Bush, has failed to call out Trump for the fraud he is. Rick Perry and Lindsey Graham have sought to expose Trump, especially Perry. Rand Paul is the only candidate in this race who has the courage to expose Donald Trump and even if I don't support Paul, I have a new found respect and yes, admiration for him for courageously speaking the truth on Donald Trump. While Paul is fighting to expand freedom, Trump is fighting against economic freedom and has been an opponent of property rights.

I've said this before, I'll say it again. Chris Christie, John Kasich, Ted Cruz, and Rick Santorum should all be asked to withdrawal from the presidential race because they have all defended Donald Trump. They clearly lack the intellect and judgement to be President, especially Cruz who has been Trump's biggest fanboy.

We already knew Trump flip-flopped on immigration and the Clintons. We already knew Trump supports a wealth tax, socialized medicine, and he is opposed to free trade and property rights. We already knew he has been "very pro-choice." What we have learned in the last few days is that Trump takes a radically pro-choice position on abortion, he's right with Hillary Clinton on this. Trump has no regard for the dignity of human life or taxpayer dollars, it's disgusting and shameful.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2015, 01:08:05 AM »

I've said this before, I'll say it again. Chris Christie, John Kasich, Ted Cruz, and Rick Santorum should all be asked to withdrawal from the presidential race because they have all defended Donald Trump. They clearly lack the intellect and judgement to be President, especially Cruz who has been Trump's biggest fanboy.

Asked by whom? Billionaires? Party "leaders" who've defended or stayed silent for Republicans far more odious than Trump? Doing that will just play into the narrative Trump is building.

The Republicans have spent Obama's whole presidency being trolls, and now they're getting beaten at their own game by a more accomplished troll.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2015, 05:54:33 AM »

Asked by whom? Billionaires? Party "leaders" who've defended or stayed silent for Republicans far more odious than Trump? Doing that will just play into the narrative Trump is building.

The Republicans have spent Obama's whole presidency being trolls, and now they're getting beaten at their own game by a more accomplished troll.

What he said.  Especially the part that I've underlined.  The GOP "brand" would be in much better shape were it not for the perpetual unreasoning opposition of everything Obama has tried to do.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2015, 06:17:04 AM »
« Edited: August 13, 2015, 06:19:52 AM by dudeabides »

What he said.  Especially the part that I've underlined.  The GOP "brand" would be in much better shape were it not for the perpetual unreasoning opposition of everything Obama has tried to do.

Republicans opposed Obama's stimulus, it didn't work and unemployment increased. Republicans opposed Obamacare which has cut medicare, raised taxes, and 4.1 million Americans lost their health insurance and costs continue to increase. Most Republicans opposed Dodd-Frank which has made it difficult, almost impossible, for small businesses to get a line of credit. The GOP has opposed Obama's agenda because Obama's agenda has led to more poverty, stagnant economic growth, underemployment, record national debt, a larger welfare state both corporate and social, and even more disaster in the middle east.

Donald Trump's answer? Restrict trade and force American consumers to pay higher prices, businesses to pay hire prices and increase their cost of doing business. This would also lead to fewer high wage jobs.

The criticism I have of my own party is that on too many occasions, we have opposed Obama's disastrous agenda without coming up with an alternative. I get that Obama has lied to the public when Congressman Paul Ryan has tried to put forth serious policy reforms, but if Congressman Ryan can courageously stand for entitlement and tax reform, so can others.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies