It's time to stand for something.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:45:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  It's time to stand for something.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's time to stand for something.  (Read 536 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 09, 2015, 01:48:35 PM »
« edited: August 09, 2015, 02:10:19 PM by Classic Conservative »

My fellow posters, today I've decided it's time to stand for what's right. Over the past month or so, we've gone through a communist revolution in the Midwest, collapse of the federal government, failed leadership and regional strife. Enough is enough, no one cares about our current nation and we've waited to long for a Constitutional Convention. We, must acknowledge that we more than likely won't get enough signatures. There's only one way to start over now, it must be through the people not the establishment, I deeply thank those who have tried to save Atlasia. It's time for a change and that change must be bipartisan, every Atlasian who cares about this internet nation must take a stand. Remember United we stand, divided we will fall. We must stand together regardless of beliefs for a new brighter Atlasia.
Thank You and God Bless!!!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 04:53:27 PM »

At this point I'm extremely discouraged. The ConCon, our best chance to revive, is obviously not going to happen. We can't even find a mechanism to dissolve if we were to decide to the extreme way. And making individual reforms would be extremely lengthy.

Perhaps the only way would be for Atlasia to simply fell dormant, due to enough people either losing interest or leaving. Then, maybe after some time some could come back and pick up the pieces.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 11:09:37 PM »

Right now we are debating amendments to make calling a con-con easier. We could simply lower the threshold, there is widespread support for that I would think at this point in the Senate. Our main concer is what could pass the regions. But if we have a determined desire and with so many leaders of all corners pushing for it, I think are chances are good at passing such an amendment.

The best way is probably to get a threshold everyone could agree on, both in the Senate and out. Is a majority vote of the Senate threshold something people would be willing to vote for in the regions?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 11:16:06 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2015, 11:17:56 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Also keep in mind that just as the drive was ramping up, Adam was banned. Had he not been banned chances are this thing would have done much better over than same period. However, a lot of people deregistered, including people who may have signed this. I haven't spoken with him in a while about the matter, because my work schedule and when he has been on have not lined up very well recently.

Its five votes in two regions and two votes in one region. This was probably going to be a slow build up simply because there is so much disinterest. But it is not completely died off. Duke just signed earlier today and that was a big concession on his part as he was held back because of the bad history. Now that he is on board, the chances improve greatly.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 06:32:51 AM »

I see what you mean, Kal and Classic.

What we need is to increase activity, and the fact is that that's hard to do, as it means bringing in new members. Campaigns to increase the number of Atlasians would increase the risk of socks, probably, but at this point I think it's worth the risk.

What we need are good leaders who can organize us to win this nation back. We need a Lincoln. I have an idea or two, but I'll keep them to myself for now (and no, it's not me).
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 10:09:13 AM »

I see what you mean, Kal and Classic.

What we need is to increase activity, and the fact is that that's hard to do, as it means bringing in new members. Campaigns to increase the number of Atlasians would increase the risk of socks, probably, but at this point I think it's worth the risk.

What we need are good leaders who can organize us to win this nation back. We need a Lincoln. I have an idea or two, but I'll keep them to myself for now (and no, it's not me).

Ahem.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 11:01:55 AM »

I signed on because I don't know of another way to accomplish what I wanted see done. Abolishing the constitution would be near impossible to pass and we don't even know if that works dissolve atlasia or just revert back to the previous constitution.

At least we can give this thing a shot. I just hope people are open to real structural change this time. We're now long overdo.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 12:08:08 PM »

The Senate is going to pass the amendment that allows to the Senate itself a ConCon. Then the regions will have to vote on it and I think/hope it will receive the necessary support to pass.
Considered that the Senate will most likely pass the amendment in 3 days and that the regions will hold a 7-days vote, looks like that in exactly 2 week the Senate will be involved in calling a ConCon.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies