Serious question: When will the US start taking in asylum seekers ? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:51:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Serious question: When will the US start taking in asylum seekers ? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Serious question: When will the US start taking in asylum seekers ?  (Read 7468 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: August 10, 2015, 12:18:48 PM »

...we already have been for a long time, or otherwise much of my family wouldn't be here.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 01:09:43 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2016, 06:55:08 AM by Simfan34 »

But how has that worked out for you Europeans, socially and politically? Is a USA taking in 600,000-1,500,000 refugees a year (to which I'm not even necessarily opposed!), wise idea, a viable long term solution to your problem? All while propping up the Continent militarily? It is not a solution at all. Particularly when you tout the "need" to get our growth population "under control".

Can you imagine the political backlash? An American version of the anti-immigrant right?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 03:56:08 PM »

Ideally (from my POV) they would crowd out other immigrants, so the net result was the same.

So you say we should give skilled immigrants the short end of the stick in favor of refugees? I say this with the utmost kindness, but I'm glad you're not in charge of our immigration policy. Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 09:56:55 PM »

It's a bad idea to be letting in immigrants who commit more than their fair share of crimes, have lower IQs, are drains on government resources, make neighborhoods unsafe, and are in every way a burden to our society.

In no way do they help us, they only harm us and cost us. Yet people like you want to welcome them in.

America has throughout its history had different levels of immigration. We're about due for a period of cutting it off completely and trying our best to assimilate the people we have here, lest our country be torn apart in a hundred directions by all the different groups of the world fighting over imposing their norms on us and taking our resources for themselves.

You make some unpopular but pertinent points, but please do not repeat this "ethnic IQ variation" claptrap.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 06:54:40 AM »

But how has that worked out for you Europeans, socially and politically? Is a USA taking in 600,000-1,500,000 refugees a year (to which I'm not even necessarily opposed!), wise idea, a viable long term solution to your problem? All while propping up the Continent militarily? It is not a solution at all. Particularly when you tout the "need" to get our population growth "under control".

Can you imagine the political backlash? An American version of the anti-immigrant right?

Hoo boy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies