Nomination of Cincinnatus as VP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:05:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Nomination of Cincinnatus as VP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nomination of Cincinnatus as VP  (Read 1524 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: August 10, 2015, 06:24:06 PM »

I'd like to ask him whether he pledges to be an active Vice President and what the vice presidential activity means to him. I haven't seen around much recently and I'm a bit concerned.

Also, since he'd be the first in line, I'd like very much to know his vision of the presidency, should he succeed.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 09:43:19 PM »

I second my colleagues' concerns, but otherwise I think Cincinnatus is a good choice for the post.

Well, my vote is going to depend entirely on whether his answers are satisfying. I can't base my vote on personal liking of Cincy, especially now, that we need right men in the government.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 06:19:33 PM »

I oppose making the VP and elected office unconditionally. In the past I supported this position when Kal proposed and fought for it. However, in order to achieve something resembling progress in regards to this position we must make direct and clear changes to the powers of this position. The Vice President under this new system should have the unconditional power and responsibility to direct senate procedure. The attitude and actions, or rather inaction, we've grown accustomed to from this office must fundamentally change in order to achieve desired results from this proposal. Otherwise, we're better off continuing to use the Vice Presidency as political leverage.

Would you be more willing to support the idea if the Vice President would also have to run one of the cabinet department?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 01:23:07 PM »

So you would support reversing the withdrawal of the VP From the administration of the Senate that has occured in procedure and constitutional amendment since last year, in conjunction with the seperate election of the office?

Correct

I oppose making the VP and elected office unconditionally. In the past I supported this position when Kal proposed and fought for it. However, in order to achieve something resembling progress in regards to this position we must make direct and clear changes to the powers of this position. The Vice President under this new system should have the unconditional power and responsibility to direct senate procedure. The attitude and actions, or rather inaction, we've grown accustomed to from this office must fundamentally change in order to achieve desired results from this proposal. Otherwise, we're better off continuing to use the Vice Presidency as political leverage.

Would you be more willing to support the idea if the Vice President would also have to run one of the cabinet department?

This would certainly make the position more relevant but I question whether that's enough.

I'm highly sceptical about giving the VP powers to run the Senate. I don't question your personal abilities, Cincy, but the Senate was generally running better when one of the Senator was in charge. Giving the VP a permanent executive responsibility is certainly enough. It doesn't make the post dependent. Think of GM, who's not answering to the President.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 05:01:56 AM »

I'm against giving the VP powers to run the Senate. But despite this, I think Cincinnatus is a good choice.

Ditto. It's not about agreeing on all issues with the nominee, but about confirming a capable Atlasian.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 11:30:44 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies