Apparently "Mock Parliment" is trying to put the final nail in the coffin?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:04:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Apparently "Mock Parliment" is trying to put the final nail in the coffin?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Apparently "Mock Parliment" is trying to put the final nail in the coffin?  (Read 2305 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 09:59:46 AM »

To me, it's incomprehensible how everyone is in conclusion that we need to reduce the number of regions--be it 4, 3 or even 2--but people can think that we can maintain two games without allowing willing players to be active in both?

I get the argument, but around 10 or more Atlasian officeholders are also in the Mock Parliament. This means lots of people who could be active in South America will decide not to be (making it harder to grow), lots of Atlasian officeholders are forced to resign in a crippling exodus (as Adam says, putting the final nail in the coffin), or both.

Again, I totally understand the idea behind it. Diplomatic relations would theoretically solve the vacuum problem--again, if we had enough members for two semi-healthy games. But it's not worth the mutually assured destruction it would cause in this current environment.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2015, 05:26:56 PM »

I was actually for the ban but reading this thread has changed my mind; this could revitalize both games, so long as Player X of Atlasia and South America are not the same person in game.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2015, 06:30:41 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2015, 05:30:11 AM by Gustaf »

I strongly reject the idea that this is some sort of scheme or motion to kill of Atlasia out of spite or whatever. Griffin and Windjammer should know better than to spout out meaningless accusations than that.

Are you expletively kidding?  AdamGriffin's entire political career is built off of meaningless accusations and conspiratard cat excrements.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2015, 07:07:01 PM »

The coffin is already nailed shut.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2015, 07:09:40 PM »

Actually it isn't we actually have committed players ie: myself, Cris, Leinad, Kal, Truman etc.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2015, 07:15:43 PM »

Actually it isn't we actually have committed players ie: myself, Cris, Leinad, Kal, Truman etc.
SWE continues to insist that communism works despite all the evidence to the contrary, so why would Atlasia be any different?
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2015, 09:40:35 PM »

SWE continues to insist that communism works despite all the evidence to the contrary, so why would Atlasia be any different?
But I'm not suggesting Atlasia still works?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2015, 08:25:34 AM »

I think Truman's point is that you insist communism works, against evidence otherwise, so it's no surprise that you insist Atlasia is dead, against evidence otherwise. Or maybe I've misunderstood him.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2015, 12:05:10 PM »

ITT people in a dead game complaining about a new, better game that isn't full of morons debating whether or not dog meat should be legal
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2015, 12:13:24 PM »

ITT people in a dead game complaining about a new, better game that isn't full of morons debating whether or not dog meat should be legal
Stop complaining about our game you had your choice and you left. You just want it your way or nobody gets to have fun. We respect your game no respect ours.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2015, 03:16:13 PM »

I think Truman's point is that you insist communism works, against evidence otherwise, so it's no surprise that you insist Atlasia is dead, against evidence otherwise. Or maybe I've misunderstood him.
Leinad is correct.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2015, 02:23:00 AM »

How can people in a dead game complain about anything? Or even say anything? It's certainly quite ill, but in no way is it "dead." Dead would mean a complete void of any activity whatsoever, which is false. You can certainly have the opinion that it's not fun anymore, in which case you made the right decision to leave. But saying it's dead just because you don't like it is equivalent to me saying John McCain is no longer in the Senate.

Some of us should be able to choose to enjoy both games, or only one, or neither of them, without people wasting time to talk about how bad the other game is. The only thing as destructive to both games as the officeholding ban measure discussed here is if the games are involved in some kind of petty feud of insults.

Maybe I'm just a silly libertarian--maybe it's best to tell other people what's fun and what isn't, how to spend their time and how not to--but in my opinion we need to do our thing, let other people do theirs, have fun, and that's how both games will, hopefully, thrive. (Or at least be bearable enough to kill some time with every day.)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies