Apparently "Mock Parliment" is trying to put the final nail in the coffin? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:11:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Apparently "Mock Parliment" is trying to put the final nail in the coffin? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Apparently "Mock Parliment" is trying to put the final nail in the coffin?  (Read 2320 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« on: August 10, 2015, 07:34:21 PM »

Going to pop in here for a bit-

I strongly reject the idea that this is some sort of scheme or motion to kill of Atlasia out of spite or whatever. Griffin and Windjammer should know better than to spout out meaningless accusations than that.

The idea behind the clause was to create a situation where you could see meaningful foreign policy between the two simulations without an unrealistic conflict of interest (I made this case on a post in the mock parliament board). The idea of two co-existing states actually originally came from some very pro-Atlasia individuals who haven't joined the South America simulation, including North Carolina.

My hope was that you'd end up with two smaller, but more stable and functioning games side by side. Keep in mind no one has proposed citizenship being limited to just one country, but just office holding, so someone could easily alternate offices in each game if they wished.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 07:49:57 PM »

One thing is to wish for two nations, another one is to force people to choose between one of two games by using that sort of policy (because really, just voting and not being able to run for office defeats the purpose of these games in many ways).

Cynical and disappointed as I am on Atlasia I still believe it's not proper to force people into choosing a game in which they will be able to participate on its full gameplay, because to me that amounts to a lack of respect for the players and the games rather than an attempt at "realism".

Personally, I'd have no interest in joining the Mock Parliament if it's going to engage in that (not that anyone cares, of course).

That's a reasonable point of view and some which a fair portion of people in the game seem to be taking, but the idea is to enhance and excite game play by creating a fundamental connection between the two games. I don't think this is anyone's biggest issue by far in the game, and it seems almost certain there will be a serious debate on it with both sides represented.

Anyway, what Truman pointed out earlier is that this clause was actually defeated by the provisional parliament because people believed it would be better for the elected parliament to vote on it. It currently isn't anywhere near effect.

Huh

Do you actually have anything of substance to say or do you just want to continue with snippy, incoherent one-liners?

FWIW I think the most likely scenario is a compromise wherein the positions of Prime Minister/Foreign Minsiter/Ambassador are off limits to foreign officeholders.

Yeah, this too.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 07:54:35 PM »

My idea at the time was to end the game and then revitalize it with something else. Now that we have a mock parliament game which seems to be moderately succesful and would actually energize Atlasia too, I think that it's possible for this game survive too. Believe it or not, people's views change and adapt with different circumstances and different times.

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 07:57:45 PM »

I've already made a post explaining my position on the issue (which I encourage you to read). I've also expressed that a compromise suggested by Oakvale earlier in this thread might be a decent idea. I am not a villain trying to destroy Atlasia. Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies