Has BRTD Ever Discussed Politics?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:26:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Has BRTD Ever Discussed Politics?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Has BRTD Ever Discussed Politics?  (Read 1960 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 11, 2015, 11:58:11 AM »

I'm not a veteran to here like him.. all I have ever seen of him are his weird polls
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 12:01:21 PM »

He used to quite a bit - particularly about Minnesota of course. But as he acknowledges, politics largely bores him now. His interest come to think of it waned I think as his interest in his religious life waxed. Now we are kept up to date with what is happening in his church, and how it compares to other versions of Christian expression.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 12:29:53 PM »

Seriously, Hawk - is there anything more political than SJW music and a progressive show like Family Guy? Wouldn't want to hear other viewpoints...
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 12:39:27 PM »

Has TheHawk Ever Posted a Good or Interesting Thread?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 01:22:10 PM »

He used to quite a bit - particularly about Minnesota of course. But as he acknowledges, politics largely bores him now. His interest come to think of it waned I think as his interest in his religious life waxed. Now we are kept up to date with what is happening in his church, and how it compares to other versions of Christian expression.

Yes.  He actually is quite talented at Minnesotan political analysis when he puts his mind to it.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 01:45:53 PM »

South Park is run by fascists, ok?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 01:58:15 PM »

No- he only posts offensive cartoons..... the man clearly has a brain the size of a pea,as his words  prove. Ive rarely encountered some one so moronic and unpatriotic- those two usually go hand in hand
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 02:08:56 PM »

Has TheHawk Ever Posted a Good or Interesting Thread?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 03:31:34 PM »

DS0816
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 03:34:57 PM »

I'm not a veteran to here like him.. all I have ever seen of him are his weird polls

Are you telling us that your threads are masturbatory material … and, of course, much more satisfying?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 03:42:56 PM »

I've only seen him discuss local Minneapolis races. I don't think he posts for politics.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 03:49:36 PM »

I've only seen him discuss local Minneapolis races. I don't think he posts for politics.

Oh, he in fact did a fair bit. I remember him trashing Fiorina when she was running for the Senate. I was down on her at the time myself, because she beat my college pal Campbell in the primary.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 06:50:13 PM »

he used to be totally into politics, about ten years ago.  Especially local politics, which for him was Grand Forks and then the MSP area, but he also had some opinions about the 2004 presidential race.   Sure, he'd come up with some jarring poll questions once in a while.  My favorite was "Okay, if you had to choose, would you rather tongue-kiss your grandmother or give Strom Thurmond a handjob?  Voting booth stays open 72 hours."  Nowadays he's into Jesus and really bad music, but in the early days he was mostly into politics and strippers, at least on this forum.  Often he'd combine the two, posing questions about leftist revolutionary women with high heels and guns.  Actually, it was a healthy combination of political radicalism and heterosexual male angst.

they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 10:26:14 PM »

Politics just aren't interesting now. Remember I'm someone who came of age during the George W. Bush presidency, the 9/11 era, the Iraq War, was a frontline footsoldier in the Democratic wave of 2006, and whose political interest and participation peaked with the campaign of Barack Obama in 2008. How can you top that today? I did find 2012 to be pretty exciting though, both because I cared about Obama being re-elected a lot and voting down the gay marriage amendment in Minnesota, but barely cared about 2014. And 2016 isn't shaping up to be as exciting either, though it has actual stakes, but I can't see any of the GOP candidates winning Minnesota, so nothing locally really.

But I'm still pretty interested in the demographic/geography aspect and have started posting more political related stuff on AAD. I'm not as out as so many seem to think.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 10:16:01 AM »

I can't see any of the GOP candidates winning Minnesota, so nothing locally really.

This replicated millions of times over is how MN goes GOP in the next 10-20 years BTW
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 10:25:10 AM »

I can't see any of the GOP candidates winning Minnesota, so nothing locally really.

This replicated millions of times over is how MN goes GOP in the next 10-20 years BTW

...huh?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 10:37:05 AM »

...huh?

Democratic complacency ----> GOP win
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 11:31:57 AM »

...huh?

BRTD still shows up to vote. Shocking as it may be to some, pounding the keyboard here does not influence elections. Smiley
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 11:37:27 AM »

Yeah I never said I wasn't voting. I still have yet to miss an election, including the primary for a special election for county commissioner.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 01:44:18 PM »

...huh?

BRTD still shows up to vote. Shocking as it may be to some, pounding the keyboard here does not influence elections. Smiley

I was just saying that Democrats in Minnesota might get overconfident/complacent and eventually this could lead to a GOP surprise win.

I fully expect my ideology to lose, and lose overwhelmingly, in the coming decades.  Doesn't mean I won't vote though.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 10:58:02 PM »

FWIW, I'm still a big follower of Upworthy and John Oliver, which are decidedly political things.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2015, 11:38:51 PM »

I did see him once try and explain that a black market was a free market and why libertarians should love them.  Sure it's stupid, but it's kind of political related.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2015, 03:28:46 AM »

Ask him about Ralph Nader.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies