Hillary Clinton and White People
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:27:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton and White People
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton and White People  (Read 500 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 11, 2015, 06:10:07 PM »

I've heard it said a lot that the support for Hillary Clinton in a state is inversely proportional to how white the state is (i.e. the more white, the worse Hillary does). This is attributed to Sanders's "problem" with black voters, as well as Hillary seemingly doing better among Hispanics and worse among whites. So, here's a graph of Hillary's lead in each polled state versus the percent of the state's population that is non-Hispanic white.

That's right. Hillary is over-performing in Colorado and under-performing in New York and Illinois. That equation: Clinton lead=-0.6049*(%white)+78.4 might also be useful in figuring out how the election might look in un-polled states.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 06:17:03 PM »

Not much point in having a discussion about something with that low of an R^2.

Try adding some variables. Maybe instead of using the state population demographics, use the demographics of the 2012 Democratic primaries.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 06:36:50 PM »

Try adding some variables. Maybe instead of using the state population demographics, use the demographics of the 2012 2008 Democratic primaries.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 07:30:26 PM »

Try adding some variables. Maybe instead of using the state population demographics, use the demographics of the 2012 2008 Democratic primaries.

I think more polls may be helpful as well. I'm sure that some of the polls used are quite old.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 08:09:48 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2015, 08:11:22 PM by Reaganfan »

Her big problem, and the Democratic Party's problem are white voters. Period. I'm stunned at how many white people I know through friends or work or family loath Hillary and vow to vote against her at all costs, and nearly all of them who I knew at the time were vocal Obama voters.

That's why the more this "Black Lives Matter" stuff happens and the more Hillary panders to 13% of the population, she's alienating white voters. When they see angry blacks in Ferguson shouting, "We ready for what? WE READY FOR WAR!" do you think they are saying, "Oh those poor people?" Hell no, with the exception of a slim tiny minority, most are terrified.

Remember...had Obama gotten just 3% less more of the white vote, Mitt Romney would have won in spite of "changing demographics". Imagine the anger if whites cost Democrats the White House.

Happens.
DS0816
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 08:15:58 PM »

Her big problem, and the Democratic Party's problem are white voters. Period. I'm stunned at how many white people I know through friends or work or family loath Hillary and vow to vote against her at all costs, and nearly all of them who I knew at the time were vocal Obama voters.

In which Republican county do you live, Reaganfan?

Is it Butler County?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 08:16:58 PM »

In which Republican county do you live, Reaganfan?

Is it Butler County?

Summit County Ohio.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies