Hassan signs law requiring criminals to face their victim's families (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:29:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hassan signs law requiring criminals to face their victim's families (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hassan signs law requiring criminals to face their victim's families  (Read 3815 times)
rejectamenta
Botswana

« on: August 15, 2015, 12:55:32 PM »

How could you guys possibly oppose this? It's not forcing the families to say anything, it's forcing the criminal to see what they have done. I am glad my step-uncles killer got to hear the victim's widow "cry bitch whine and moan" at him for a half hour.

I don't actively oppose this, it's just so utterly pointless that wasting any time on this while so many genuine social problems go unaddressed for decade seems sickening to me. Who cares if defendants get to see their victim's family or not? Is this going to prevent any single crime in the entire country? Is it going to make anyone's lives concretely better?

It's funny how the "law&order" right are so prone to complaining about the "feel-goodism" of liberals, when in fact this law is the most perfect embodiment of "feel-goodism".

Hassan is a Democrat, but you are quite right in that American conservatives and associated no-nonsense, tell-it-like-it-is folk are the most overcompensating softies on the face of this planet Earth. Witness the police or armed forces collapsing into a heap when their hero complex isn't jerked to their satisfaction.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies