Hillary Clinton email megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:03:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton email megathread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton email megathread  (Read 15966 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 11, 2015, 09:42:55 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/top-secret-e-mails-were-sent-on-clintons-private-account-official-says/2015/08/11/f3117f08-403d-11e5-9561-4b3dc93e3b9a_story.html?tid=pm_politics_pop_b

You must be logged in to read this quote.
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 06:46:25 PM »
« Edited: August 13, 2015, 09:07:48 AM by rbt48 »

If it is found that she handled classified e-mail on her dot-com server (as appears to be unavoidable to me), she will surely face charges for violating Federal law.  I think she should end her campaign now and focus her energy on defending herself.  Also, she could provide a credible Democrat with time to organize an effective campaign.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 06:50:58 PM »

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 07:30:11 PM »

If it is found that she handled classified e-mail on her dot-com server (as appears to be unavoidable to me), she will surely face charges for violating Federal law.  I think she should end her campaign now and focus her energy on defending herself.  Also, she could provide a credible Democrat with time to organize an effective campaign.

Do you really think Obama's AG will go after Clinton in a serious way?
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 07:40:20 PM »

"We got her this time!" -most Republicans who don't realize that nobody gives a sh!t about this "scandal."
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 07:42:51 PM »

If it is found that she handled classified e-mail on her dot-com server (as appears to be unavoidable to me), she will surely face charges for violating Federal law.  I think she should end her campaign now and focus her energy on defending herself.  Also, she could provide a credible Democrat with time to organize an effective campaign.

You forgot to mention how she is about to get indicted for BENGHAZI!!!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 07:43:07 PM »

Yes
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 07:56:30 PM »

She'll quit after they find hidden emails saying that she personally ordered the attack on Benghazi. Obviously.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 07:59:32 PM »

She shouldn't have been running in the first place...but Democrats have no plan B (even if Biden does jump in)
andrew_c
Canada

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 08:09:53 PM »

Hell no.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 08:11:11 PM »

Yes, the best thing she could do is encourage Kirsten Gillibrand to run.
rbt48

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 09:28:47 PM »

So far, it appears most responders don't view Clinton's mishandling of classified information to be a serious matter.  Whether the average voter cares or not, mishandling classified information is a crime that Federal employees must acknowledge when they accept a security clearance.  I believe the penalty is a $10,000 fine, 5 years in prison, or both.

If the 10% rate of classified material that the IG reportedly found in the first forty e-mails checked continues, the AG would be hard pressed not to prosecute.  Even if they just strike a plea bargain (likely for her to have no further access to classified material ever), how is she supposed to continue forward as a credible candidate?  (And, if you think about it, how would the government be able to prosecute or penalize others who breech classified information if they don't go after her?) 

Sure, the 40% of hard-core Democratic voters won't care, but a solid majority will take note and she will be mercilessly hammered for this during what is turning out to be a 15 month campaign   I'm not a Democrat and won't likely vote for whoever might run in her place, be it Warren, Biden, Cuomo, or even Webb.  But I can't believe it is too late for a strong candidate to emerge to take her place.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/08/12/clinton_campaign_seeks_to_calm_supporters_about_emails_127750.html
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 09:34:27 PM »

Let's be honest here... if there was a scrap of evidence of illegal activity, the campaign would be over. Since there's none so far and not likely to be, this is a moot point that no one outside of us political nerds and those with Clinton hate-boners care about.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 09:35:55 PM »

Not only that, but I believe Obama should resign his office and allow Republicans to select a President of their choice. Elections will only be held once the voters are re-educated to vote the proper way and if they refuse to, they will be sent to prison.
rbt48

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 10:20:37 PM »

Check this out: 
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/08/12/this-e-mail-story-keeps-getting-worse-for-hillary-clinton/

RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 10:25:47 PM »

Not at all; however, her clear "electability" argument has eroded quite a bit compared to 2 months ago, which could be a problem.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 10:31:26 PM »

In your dreams pal......
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 10:34:14 PM »

Should Hillary Clinton end her campaign, it would spell defeat for the Democrats so long as the GOP nominates either Rubio or Bush.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 11:16:49 PM »

Apparently the server had been stored at a computer services company in New Jersey:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/clintons-e-mail-server-turned-over-to-fbi/2015/08/12/aba5feea-4160-11e5-8ab4-c73967a143d3_story.html?postshare=4201439434969963

You must be logged in to read this quote.
DS0816
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 11:32:29 PM »

Re: Is It TIme for Hillary Clinton to End Her Campaign?

If everyone who is running for the president of the United States from the Republican Party drops out first … your question and concern about Hillary Clinton may be considered.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 11:47:46 PM »

But ... but ... muh faux scandal!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2015, 01:14:54 AM »

So far, it appears most responders don't view Clinton's mishandling of classified information to be a serious matter.  Whether the average voter cares or not, mishandling classified information is a crime that Federal employees must acknowledge when they accept a security clearance.  I believe the penalty is a $10,000 fine, 5 years in prison, or both.

If the 10% rate of classified material that the IG reportedly found in the first forty e-mails checked continues, the AG would be hard pressed not to prosecute.  Even if they just strike a plea bargain (likely for her to have no further access to classified material ever), how is she supposed to continue forward as a credible candidate?  (And, if you think about it, how would the government be able to prosecute or penalize others who breech classified information if they don't go after her?) 

Sure, the 40% of hard-core Democratic voters won't care, but a solid majority will take note and she will be mercilessly hammered for this during what is turning out to be a 15 month campaign   I'm not a Democrat and won't likely vote for whoever might run in her place, be it Warren, Biden, Cuomo, or even Webb.  But I can't believe it is too late for a strong candidate to emerge to take her place.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/08/12/clinton_campaign_seeks_to_calm_supporters_about_emails_127750.html

My prediction: her defense is going to be that someone else screwed up, and she had no idea there was all that classified information on her server.  And it'll play well enough that the only people who will care will be people who would never vote for her in the first place.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2015, 02:09:25 AM »

I've been ignoring this email thing, but for the first time, it seems like there's some chance it might not just be some right-wing noise machine nonsense.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2015, 04:27:50 AM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/congress-told-hillary-clinton-had-top-secret-emails-121277.html

She mishandled two messages that contained top secret information.

...and Hillary hacks wonder why Republicans and Independents on these forums prefer Sanders over her.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2015, 07:06:23 AM »

Yes, I really do at this point think the email issue is a sword of Damocles hanging over her. And although I know nothing out IT, my impression is that the FBI, with its forensic tools, will be able to recover the deleted emails now that it has her computer in hand. If they do, then the issue is if and when they are disclosed (and of course what is in them). But even absent that, given about 10% of the emails reviewed were classified, and 5% top secret, more of those will be uncovered.

Keep an eye on Biden.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies