Hillary Clinton email megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:01:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton email megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton email megathread  (Read 15963 times)
BM
BeccaM
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2015, 04:23:46 AM »

The thing is that, if this story does have meat, it then becomes a case of the boy crying wolf.

Yes. It's going to be extremely hard to convince me, along with tens of millions of other Americans, that there's anything here because the Republicans have been crying so much wolf the last 7 years.

Nice going guys.

Correct, but it doesn't matter because there's virtually nothing to report. The main takeaway from all of the releases thus far is that the day to day life of a Secretary of State isn't as fun and exciting as it sounds.

The fact that so-called Democrats are fanning the flames of this scandal is absolutely revolting, and I wonder if there are sexist motives behind the constant attempts to discredit Hillary Clinton's reputation as the magnificent public servant she is and always has been.
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2015, 09:27:46 PM »

Hillary won't be indicted, or forced from the race, or lose the race because of this email nothing. The end.

Oh, there is a lot here.  She won't have her husband there to pardon her as he did for Deutch, but maybe Obama will save her bacon.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/an-ominous-precedent-for-hillary-clinton/2015/08/24/f0bbe762-4a5a-11e5-846d-02792f854297_story.html

My guess is that she went through her four years at State never using the State Dept's SIPRNET equivalent for Secret, or JWICS for TS-SCI.  I envision she left those "details" to subordinates who were probably equally clueless as to the precautions they needed to take. 

For those who still believe she is not in jeopardy, I mean legally, trust me, she probably is.  As for her candidacy, I feel it will come to an end.   Kind of like Senator Torricelli in New Jersey when he fell so far behind in the polls.  But, alas, I repeat myself from a post a month or so ago.  Apologies.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2015, 12:18:02 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2015, 01:04:59 PM by Torie »

While this story (from an admittedly partisan source) is about the Hillary emails, what I found interesting about it, is nothing to do with Hillary's legal and veracity travails emanating from it all, but rather it is about her management style. And it's not good. She wants praise, not honest give and take, and folks around her with the guts to tell her when she's screwing up. Good managers want folks around them that are smarter than themselves, and not afraid to tell their boss when they're wrong. That's just not Hillary.

Anyway, I suspect Hillary will be dropping out before the season gets too far along, so it is more likely than not a moot issue.
mencken
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2015, 12:46:11 PM »

While this story (from an admittedly partisan source) is about the Hillary emails, what I found interesting about it, is nothing to do with Hillary's legal and veracity travails emanating from it all, but rather it is about her management style. And it's not good. She wants praise, not honest give a take, and folks around here with the guts to tell her when she's screwing up. Good managers want folks around them that are smarter than themselves, and not afraid to tell their boss when they're wrong. That's just not Hillary.

Anyway, I suspect Hillary will be dropping out before the season gets too far along, so it is more likely than not a moot issue.

You think someone who stayed in the 2008 race four months after the outcome was a foregone conclusion would have the humility to stand aside even if the writing is on the wall?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2015, 05:39:58 PM »

Good news for John McCain!

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/08/24/clinton-email-scandal-falls-state-dept-policy-private-email.html

The Republican Hillary Clinton email scandal is falling apart as the State Department confirmed that there was no policy against Clinton using private email.

On CNN’s New Day, State Department spokesman John Kirby said, “We have said in the past, Chris that there was no policy prohibiting the use of a private email account here at the State Department, and that is still a fact. Now, obviously, we have policies in place now that highly discourage that, and you are supposed to use your government account so that there is a constant, permanent record of it, but at the time she was not violating policy….I can tell you that there was no prohibition for her use of this, and we’ve since changed the policy to discourage that greatly, and in fact, the policy is that you have to use your government account for business.”

Kirby added that he didn’t believe that the policy changed while she was Secretary of State, which means that Hillary Clinton was doing nothing wrong when she used private email.
rbt48

« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2015, 09:57:07 PM »

Good news for John McCain!

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/08/24/clinton-email-scandal-falls-state-dept-policy-private-email.html

The Republican Hillary Clinton email scandal is falling apart as the State Department confirmed that there was no policy against Clinton using private email.

On CNN’s New Day, State Department spokesman John Kirby said, “We have said in the past, Chris that there was no policy prohibiting the use of a private email account here at the State Department, and that is still a fact. Now, obviously, we have policies in place now that highly discourage that, and you are supposed to use your government account so that there is a constant, permanent record of it, but at the time she was not violating policy….I can tell you that there was no prohibition for her use of this, and we’ve since changed the policy to discourage that greatly, and in fact, the policy is that you have to use your government account for business.”

Kirby added that he didn’t believe that the policy changed while she was Secretary of State, which means that Hillary Clinton was doing nothing wrong when she used private email.
Wow, isn't this just the very best news from our Department of State.  It is so good to know that Hillary is free of any wrong-doing and can remain in the race to be our next President.  PTL!
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2015, 11:21:16 PM »

The State Department defending her will probably go over as well as Christie's hand-picked investigators clearing him of wrongdoing in Bridgegate.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #157 on: August 27, 2015, 01:05:54 AM »

The State Department defending her will probably go over as well as Christie's hand-picked investigators clearing him of wrongdoing in Bridgegate.

I'm sure Darrell Issa and Trey Gowdy will conduct a more impartial investigation.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #158 on: August 31, 2015, 05:36:30 PM »

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/042f508d2f5a4c9e806b9900e0fc7c77/so-far-legal-experts-see-no-criminal-trouble-clinton

Experts in government secrecy law see almost no possibility of criminal action against Hillary Clinton or her top aides in connection with now-classified information sent over unsecure email while she was secretary of state, based on the public evidence thus far.

Some Republicans, including leading GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump, have called Clinton's actions criminal and compared her situation to that of David Petraeus, the former CIA director who was prosecuted after giving top secret information to his paramour. Others have cited the case of another past CIA chief, John Deutch, who took highly classified material home.

But in both of those cases, no one disputed that the information was highly classified and in many cases top secret. Petraeus pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor; Deutch was pardoned by President Bill Clinton.

By contrast, there is no evidence of emails stored in Hillary Clinton's private server bearing classified markings. State Department officials say they don't believe that emails she sent or received included material classified at the time. And even if other government officials dispute that assertion, it is extremely difficult to prove anyone knowingly mishandled secrets.

"How can you be on notice if there are no markings?" said Leslie McAdoo, a lawyer who frequently handles security-clearance cases.
HillOfANight
« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2015, 05:48:14 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2015/08/30/clinton-controversy-no-comparison-petraeus-column/71421242/

Petraeus prosecutor: Clinton committed no crime
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #160 on: September 01, 2015, 04:52:54 AM »
« Edited: September 01, 2015, 04:59:23 AM by BeccaM »

What do you know, this scandal continues to be a big fat nothing.

Its only life force is the media's obsession with controversy, general jealousy of the Clintons, and the fact that conservative and yes, even some liberal, men would rather die than have a woman as strong, courageous, self-assured, and committed to public service and liberal causes as Hillary Clinton in the White House.

Anyone who let these things cloud their judgment and derail this magnificent woman's campaign should be ashamed of themselves, especially any so-called Democrats.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #161 on: September 01, 2015, 01:56:19 PM »

THIS SCANDAL JUST BLEW WIDE OPEN:

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #162 on: September 05, 2015, 09:58:37 AM »

Bill and Hillary personally paid a State Department IT person to maintain the server:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/clintons-personally-paid-state-department-staffer-to-maintain-server/2015/09/04/b13ab23e-530c-11e5-9812-92d5948a40f8_story.html?postshare=3851441420685618

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #163 on: September 05, 2015, 10:03:38 AM »

I read about it. The guy is invoking the fifth because Trey Gowdy and the other Republicans refused his request to testify publicly.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #164 on: September 05, 2015, 10:05:58 AM »

I read about it. The guy is invoking the fifth because Trey Gowdy and the other Republicans refused his request to testify publicly.

LOL! All the people hear about it is that he took the fifth. That sounds like Godfather 2.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #165 on: September 05, 2015, 10:42:18 AM »

LOL! All the people hear about it is that he took the fifth. That sounds like Godfather 2.

Yeah, we know you're a hack, no need to remind us constantly.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #166 on: September 05, 2015, 11:30:25 AM »

No, you are a hack and you have always been one. Proof: you are unable to understand why Hillary's numbers are dropping and you are comparing the email scandal to not tipping the waitress.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: September 05, 2015, 11:44:57 AM »
« Edited: September 05, 2015, 01:20:16 PM by Torie »

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/042f508d2f5a4c9e806b9900e0fc7c77/so-far-legal-experts-see-no-criminal-trouble-clinton

Experts in government secrecy law see almost no possibility of criminal action against Hillary Clinton or her top aides in connection with now-classified information sent over unsecure email while she was secretary of state, based on the public evidence thus far.

Some Republicans, including leading GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump, have called Clinton's actions criminal and compared her situation to that of David Petraeus, the former CIA director who was prosecuted after giving top secret information to his paramour. Others have cited the case of another past CIA chief, John Deutch, who took highly classified material home.

But in both of those cases, no one disputed that the information was highly classified and in many cases top secret. Petraeus pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor; Deutch was pardoned by President Bill Clinton.

By contrast, there is no evidence of emails stored in Hillary Clinton's private server bearing classified markings. State Department officials say they don't believe that emails she sent or received included material classified at the time. And even if other government officials dispute that assertion, it is extremely difficult to prove anyone knowingly mishandled secrets.

"How can you be on notice if there are no markings?" said Leslie McAdoo, a lawyer who frequently handles security-clearance cases.

How can Hillary not know that high resolution satellite photographs are not highly classified? That is the problem with those arguing she has no criminal exposure - that she had no knowledge of the secrecy of the content. Some of the content suggests that such knowledge should be imputed to her. The documents are per se classified, and don't need to be stamped. I don't think the law says the material needs to be stamped as an element of the crime. The former prosecutor who is an admitted Hillary donor does the best she can, but she is being an advocate for her here, and sliding over Hillary's vulnerabilities.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #168 on: September 05, 2015, 12:17:55 PM »

No, you are a hack and you have always been one. Proof: you are unable to understand why Hillary's numbers are dropping and you are comparing the email scandal to not tipping the waitress.

Proof you're a moron: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=2716;sa=showPosts
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #169 on: September 05, 2015, 12:27:05 PM »

Proof you're a moron: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=2716;sa=showPosts
there's no need to fight - you're both hacks
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #170 on: September 05, 2015, 10:59:57 PM »

I'm really more of a Bernie Sanders guy, but I still can't figure out what the scandal here is.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #171 on: September 08, 2015, 12:06:22 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2015, 12:09:40 PM by Torie »

Emailgate news of the day. CIA and GSIA say Hillary's email server had "top secret" material on it. This special investigation finding is in accord with the finding by the inspector general for the intelligence agencies that the emails contained highly classified information when Mrs. Clinton received them. The State Department and the Hillary campaign disagree with the findings of the other three agencies.
JRP1994

« Reply #172 on: September 08, 2015, 09:07:25 PM »

What do you know, this scandal continues to be a big fat nothing.

Its only life force is the media's obsession with controversy, general jealousy of the Clintons, and the fact that conservative and yes, even some liberal, men would rather die than have a woman as strong, courageous, self-assured, and committed to public service and liberal causes as Hillary Clinton in the White House.

Anyone who let these things cloud their judgment and derail this magnificent woman's campaign should be ashamed of themselves, especially any so-called Democrats.

This is just false. I'd vote for Elizabeth Warren in a heartbeat.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #173 on: September 08, 2015, 09:55:40 PM »

Why the hell didn't you do this back in April?
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: September 08, 2015, 11:18:23 PM »

Hmm. This seems too little too late.
CIA and GSIA already said that her email server contained information considered classified at the time. I don't know if the material was actually marked classified.

The problem with the email scandal is that it keeps developing and is constant source of negative news coverage. It has already made Hillary change her story a couple of times and contributed to the general impression that she is untrustworthy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies