Hillary Clinton email megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:38:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton email megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton email megathread  (Read 15924 times)
Fusionmunster

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2015, 10:24:34 PM »

There's some serious denial going on here about just how big a deal this is. There's a decent chance that the Democratic frontrunner could end up under federal indictment during this election season. Even Ted Cruz could win under those circumstances.

We have people here posting that this story is nothing, or nothing but partisan slander, or whatever. You'd better wake up. This is going to be huge.

Hillary is many things, stupid is not one of them. If she wasn't confident she hadnt done anything wrong dont you think she would stop repeating this line over and over and actually change her statement to something that would cover her ass more:

“I never sent classified material on my email, and I never received any that was marked classified,”
That was yesterday.

I think Hillary is confident she will be unscathed at the end of this. Also one of the "Top Secret" emails that managed to get released was a news article about a drone, I have every right to think this is a dick-waving contest between the state department and the C.I.A.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2015, 10:47:08 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2015, 10:58:50 PM by Likely Voter »

There is no doubt that Hillary has taken a political hit for this and it was stupid of her to have her own server and it shows that she is paranoid and secretive. That being said, I also doubt she will ever be in any real legal danger.

The issue seems to be items that were not labeled or considered classified by the State Dept. were sent to her but now some in the intel community think they should have been classified or they have retroactively been made classified. Or at least that is what it seems from the reporting I have seen, it could be something more serious and then maybe she is in real trouble.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2015, 11:09:06 PM »

There's some serious denial going on here about just how big a deal this is. There's a decent chance that the Democratic frontrunner could end up under federal indictment during this election season. Even Ted Cruz could win under those circumstances.

We have people here posting that this story is nothing, or nothing but partisan slander, or whatever. You'd better wake up. This is going to be huge.

Hillary is many things, stupid is not one of them. If she wasn't confident she hadnt done anything wrong dont you think she would stop repeating this line over and over and actually change her statement to something that would cover her ass more:

“I never sent classified material on my email, and I never received any that was marked classified,”
That was yesterday.

I think Hillary is confident she will be unscathed at the end of this. Also one of the "Top Secret" emails that managed to get released was a news article about a drone, I have every right to think this is a dick-waving contest between the state department and the C.I.A.

This is a really important point that is getting overlooked. There is no love lost between the State Department, DoD, CIA, and (to a lesser extent) Homeland Security. I doubt this is the CIA as a whole trying to damage State as a whole, but I really wouldn't be surprised if some person or some group with petty grievances against Hillary from her time as SoS saw this as an opportunity to make her look bad and took advantage of it.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2015, 01:07:33 AM »

I really don't think it is. The government loves to classify stuff, including stuff that's already public knowledge. (Remember when government employees weren't allowed to look at news stories about Snowden?) A huge chunk of this is going to turn out to be: "So-and-so emailed about topic X, which was classified, but there were also news reports on CNN about it." I'm almost starting to wonder if the whole thing isn't a deliberate bait and switch directed at Republicans.

There are plenty of very good criticisms the Republicans could make of Hillary, on many topics. But instead, they're going to spend months (and months, possibly all the way through next summer) raving about Hillary sending Top Secret information (implied to be about anti-terror black ops and nuclear readiness) in her email. And then what's likely to actually come out, for anyone to read, is some people (not Hillary herself) talking about trivial junk, most if not all of which was already being discussed in the media at the time.

And the Republicans will just have wasted a huge chunk of time and resources on a snipe-hunt that made them look like vindictive idiots.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2015, 08:41:25 AM »

Agree with Likely Voter and Runeghost. It sounds like all that's happened is that she e-mailed information that possibly should have been classified, but wasn't. There's nothing illegal about that, on her end, unless she should have known that the material should be classified.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2015, 12:26:03 PM »

So I have an honest question about this whole thing. If someone needed to show Hillary something that was marked top secret or classified, how did they go about doing that? Fax? Printed out and in person?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2015, 12:44:13 PM »

So I have an honest question about this whole thing. If someone needed to show Hillary something that was marked top secret or classified, how did they go about doing that? Fax? Printed out and in person?

She likely had a classified e-mail too. If she didn't then her staff certainly did and could print things out, show her, etc. But even if she got a normal .gov account it wouldn't be allowed to accept classified material. They're different networks.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2015, 12:48:26 PM »

After reading some Trump literature early this Sunday morning, I'm convinced Hillary needs to follow Notorious DJT's playbook and just embrace this in absurdity.

The best thing she can do now is to purchase new private email servers, upload pictures of them to social media, and encourage everyone to email personal stories about various issues to healthcare@hillaryclinton.com, jobs@hillaryclinton.com, etc. Perhaps brag about how she cares so much about her job that she brings it home with her.

I finally get how Trump is Telfon Don. If you simply get ahead of the scandal and make a mockery of it, people lose interest into looking into it seriously. Just playing the above scenario out in my head already makes me not care about the emails.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2015, 12:56:48 PM »

This is a big to-do about NOTHING!!!
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2015, 03:30:11 PM »

Oh dear God if it was the other way around, I don't even want to hear it. Definitely isn't nothing. She's already lied about sending ANY confidential info in the first place.

Meanwhile, the number of classified information Hillary Clinton emailed outside of her secured state department email has grown to 305.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2015, 03:32:24 PM »

Oh dear God if it was the other way around, I don't even want to hear it. Definitely isn't nothing. She's already lied about sending ANY confidential info in the first place.

Meanwhile, the number of classified information Hillary Clinton emailed outside of her secured state department email has grown to 305.
Using an e-mail address that is from a different web site is about the LAMEST scandal I could have imagined the right wing people concocting....
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2015, 03:35:30 PM »

During his term, Colin Powell used an outside email address as well, so it clearly wasn't illegal for the Secretary of State to use one.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2015, 03:36:53 PM »

It's amazing how partisan loyalty can make people defend the worst things, you know.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2015, 03:38:06 PM »

It's amazing how partisan loyalty can make people defend the worst things, you know.
Please explain how this is a "worst thing"..... she chose to use a different e-mail system,what is the big deal? There is no criminal investigation of her...this is a MADE UP SCANDAL
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2015, 03:39:51 PM »

This is the thought that I had when those WMDs didn't show up after the invasion of Iraq. There are still people out there who insist the the weapons were moved to Syria at the last minute.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2015, 03:41:49 PM »

This is the thought that I had when those WMDs didn't show up after the invasion of Iraq. There are still people out there who insist the the weapons were moved to Syria at the last minute.

Exactly my point. People are too trained by seeing the D or R next to a candidate's name.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2015, 03:43:32 PM »

Using an e-mail address that is from a different web site is about the LAMEST scandal I could have imagined the right wing people concocting....

Except you're using an extreme strawman. Hillary Clinton sent classified info on a possible basis of national security through a personal email address as the sitting Secretary of State of the United States and continues to bullsh**t about all of it in the first place. A clear indicator she could handle these things as the commander in cheif and be honest about, right? Right guys?

No. A 'pub would be in the absolute sh**tter with you guys right now if he broke the law and lied about it like this.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2015, 03:48:42 PM »

If a Republican was in a same position, I'd be skeptical to declare them ready to be sent to prison based on the information. There were plenty of things that liberals and progressives thought would be pay dirt against Bush, but in the end turned out to be nothing.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2015, 03:59:48 PM »

Please explain how this is a "worst thing"..... she chose to use a different e-mail system,what is the big deal? There is no criminal investigation of her...this is a MADE UP SCANDAL
At worst, Clinton's actions are irresponsible and reckless.  Even in the worst case scenario, it isn't that bad in the whole scheme of things.  There isn't any evidence intentional malice or ill intent here, just poor judgement.

Now, this is definitely hurting her, because a). good judgement and responsibility are things you want in a president, and b). it feeds into a general narrative of Clinton being corrupt.  However, calling this horrendous act is really overblowing what's actually happened.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2015, 04:06:44 PM »

During his term, Colin Powell used an outside email address as well, so it clearly wasn't illegal for the Secretary of State to use one.
Source?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2015, 04:21:24 PM »

Source?

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/colin-powell-personal-email-secretary-of-state-115707.html

You'll also note Powell deleted all of his emails. Every single one of them.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2015, 04:31:51 PM »

Except you're using an extreme strawman. Hillary Clinton sent classified info on a possible basis of national security through a personal email address as the sitting Secretary of State of the United States and continues to bullsh**t about all of it in the first place. A clear indicator she could handle these things as the commander in cheif and be honest about, right? Right guys?

No. A 'pub would be in the absolute sh**tter with you guys right now if he broke the law and lied about it like this.

Lol no. One of the current Republican candidates currently IS (no innuendos,  actually is indicted) under indictment,  and Democrats barely bring it up.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2015, 04:33:25 PM »

Source?

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/colin-powell-personal-email-secretary-of-state-115707.html

You'll also note Powell deleted all of his emails. Every single one of them.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
You'll notice the policies were published first in 2013, when the State Department's head was still Clinton. Did she become aware of it then or something and tried to cover it up?

Also, were any of his e-mails found to be classified?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2015, 04:43:32 PM »

You'll notice the policies were published first in 2013, when the State Department's head was still Clinton.

Nope.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2015, 04:47:43 PM »

Lol no. One of the current Republican candidates currently IS (no innuendos,  actually is indicted) under indictment,  and Democrats barely bring it up.

I keep forgetting Rick Perry is running for president. I was ready to post either "Many of Rand Paul's top people are under indictment, but he isn't" or "Many of Chris Christie's top people are under indictment, but he isn't," but I remembered at the last second that Perry was in the race.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies