Hillary Clinton email megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:26:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton email megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton email megathread  (Read 15926 times)
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2015, 05:35:22 PM »

You'll notice the policies were published first in 2013, when the State Department's head was still Clinton.

Hillary Clinton's last day as Secretary of State was February 1, 2013.
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2015, 05:52:00 PM »

This is a big to-do about NOTHING!!!

Meanwhile, the number of classified information Hillary Clinton emailed outside of her secured state department email has grown to 305.

Dude, take a DEEP breath this is absolutely NOT true. You are deliberately spreading lies now. Frankly, you're foaming at the mouth.

305 documents have been "referred" for extra "consultation" to determine if they do indeed contain classified material. We do not know if any of those 305 documents have classified material we just know they looking into it.

All we know is that some emails have redacted information. It does not mean they were classified at the time of transmittal. Second we know one IG determined there was classified information but there is no agreement between agencies and further investigation is needed.

So please, give it rest and stick to the facts.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2015, 06:56:41 PM »

You'll notice the policies were published first in 2013, when the State Department's head was still Clinton.

Hillary Clinton's last day as Secretary of State was February 1, 2013.
In 2013, correct?

You answered none of my other points, by the way.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #128 on: August 18, 2015, 11:33:52 PM »

Exchange of the day (Clinton's response to Fox News's Ed Henry about the email server):

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/08/18/for-hillary-clinton-another-grilling-about-emails/

You must be logged in to read this quote.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #129 on: August 18, 2015, 11:43:25 PM »

Exchange of the day (Clinton's response to Fox News's Ed Henry about the email server):

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/08/18/for-hillary-clinton-another-grilling-about-emails/

Obviously she couldn't say yes, but if she didn't try to wipe it, then why in the world would she not just say no? This is a classic example of why some people get turned off by her.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2015, 12:24:35 AM »

Obviously she couldn't say yes, but if she didn't try to wipe it, then why in the world would she not just say no? This is a classic example of why some people get turned off by her.

That's pretty much how I'd respond. Not helpful, but I'd be pissed off by this and treat the questions with the contempt they deserve.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2015, 12:42:18 AM »

It depends on the definition of "wipe". And also "did", "you", "the", and "server".
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2015, 08:38:49 AM »

That's pretty much how I'd respond. Not helpful, but I'd be pissed off by this and treat the questions with the contempt they deserve.

She can't act like this is a non-issue anymore. Even if she is completely free from any wrongdoing or negligence, there is a perception of that in the air right now, and statements like this certainly do not help her situation.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #133 on: August 21, 2015, 04:30:29 AM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/judge-says-hillary-clintons-private-emails-violated-policy-121568.html?hp=l1_3

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #134 on: August 21, 2015, 04:54:31 AM »
« Edited: August 21, 2015, 04:57:33 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

It only took them 23 years, but Republicans may have finally found a Clinton scandal with substance.

Also, how often is a Secretary of State referred to as "this employee"?

The judge is a Clinton appointee. I bet Bill is regretting that one.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2015, 05:00:30 PM »

Interesting revelations. Hillary was claiming all along that nothing she originally sent was classified even though it may have become so later on. I suppose that no longer holds:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/21/us-usa-election-clinton-emails-idUSKCN0QQ0BW20150821

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2015, 05:40:37 PM »

Interesting revelations. Hillary was claiming all along that nothing she originally sent was classified even though it may have become so later on. I suppose that no longer holds:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/21/us-usa-election-clinton-emails-idUSKCN0QQ0BW20150821

Hillary is in deep, deep trouble. Thus the Biden meeting with Warren. It's rather unbelievable, but I put the odds at close to 50-50 now that Hillary will drop out. That is because the odds must be approaching that, that at some point she will be indicted, and that her lawyers are going to begin telling her that.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2015, 06:01:25 PM »

Hillary is in deep, deep trouble. Thus the Biden meeting with Warren. It's rather unbelievable, but I put the odds at close to 50-50 now that Hillary will drop out. That is because the odds must be approaching that, that at some point she will be indicted, and that her lawyers are going to begin telling her that.

Hillary's supporters must be sweating bullets after Torie's prediction. He is after all well known for his objective and felicitous analysis.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=179457.0
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2015, 06:06:54 PM »

Hillary's supporters must be sweating bullets after Torie's prediction. He is after all well known for his objective and felicitous analysis.

How many times have you linked that post? Tongue Anyway, the play is not yet done on Obamacare, as the premium increases roll in, but yes, it has worked better than I thought, and I do agree with its basic intent, that everybody needs medical care - everybody.

Anyway, when I put odds at about 50-50, no matter what happens, my "prediction" is not all that bad.  Clever of me, no? Smiley

Do you think Hillary is in any legal trouble px? Instead of putting folks down, why don't you enter into the brave new world, of actually offering something up that is new and interesting out of your mind? Just a suggestion.

Congrats on using the word "felicitous." Grand word, isn't it?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2015, 06:24:02 PM »

How many times have you linked that post? Tongue

None?

Do you think Hillary is in any legal trouble px? Instead of putting folks down, why don't you enter into the brave new world, of actually offering something up that is new and interesting out of your mind? Just a suggestion.

I don't know. But here is an interesting perspective.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/08/21/classification-follies/?module=BlogPost-Title&version=Blog%20Main&contentCollection=Opinion&action=Click&pgtype=Blogs&region=Body

Yes it is.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2015, 07:07:14 PM »

Its a good thing she took a break from her Hamptons vacation to hit the campaign trail and tell all of the little people out there how she is America's champion and will 'reshuffle the deck' for them.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2015, 07:40:08 PM »

Well,
After reading this thread and the thread on AAD, I still believe this is no big deal.
Angel of Death
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2015, 07:49:56 PM »

The thing is that, if this story does have meat, it then becomes a case of the boy crying wolf.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2015, 07:59:01 PM »

Quote from: Restricted

Hillary Clinton's campaign is fine, guys. Nothing to worry about. This is a totally sound strategy.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2015, 08:05:26 PM »

No one seems to want to answer this question, but why are Republicans so anxious to get Hillary out of the race? If she really is going to be indicted, then wouldn't they want to run against an indicted candidate? My guess is that they don't want to run against Hillary, period and would rather have her out of the race.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2015, 08:06:54 PM »

How many times have you linked that post? Tongue

None?

I don't know. But here is an interesting perspective.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/08/21/classification-follies/?module=BlogPost-Title&version=Blog%20Main&contentCollection=Opinion&action=Click&pgtype=Blogs&region=Body

Yes it is.

Reminds me of Dick Morris and his brilliant forecasting.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2015, 09:18:41 PM »

The thing is that, if this story does have meat, it then becomes a case of the boy crying wolf.

Yes. It's going to be extremely hard to convince me, along with tens of millions of other Americans, that there's anything here because the Republicans have been crying so much wolf the last 7 years.

Nice going guys.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2015, 11:27:27 PM »

Like what else? Obama sending weapons to terrorists? The birth certificate which so many top Republicans called for?(not)

The blatant retelling of CNN's stories making FOX's comparatively very slight racism seem acceptable? The fact America prefers Biden to Obama? The ObamaCare with a stunning 34% approval rating?
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2015, 01:42:59 AM »

Hillary won't be indicted, or forced from the race, or lose the race because of this email nothing. The end.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2015, 01:50:50 AM »

Hillary won't be indicted, or forced from the race, or lose the race because of this email nothing. The end.

Quote from: Restricted

Sepp Blatter thought he was untouchable a few months ago and look what happened. FBI investigations are serious affairs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies