Should it be legal for race to be a criteria in sperm donor request? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 05:23:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should it be legal for race to be a criteria in sperm donor request? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should it be legal for race to be a criteria in sperm donor request?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Should it be legal for race to be a criteria in sperm donor request?  (Read 4232 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 15, 2015, 05:13:34 AM »

People still think the world is overpopulated?  Are you the same guys that fear GMOs and fluoride?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 08:42:43 AM »

We consume more resources than we generate.
SOME resources we are using up, but we're not going to run out of "resources", ever.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
There are areas humans shouldn't live in as many numbers as they live, but that's really only a problem for the people living in those areas.  They can move to places more suitable to human beings, as they should.
I'm going to need a cite for that too.  And where?  Certainly not where I live, you know, 'murica, with all our waste and guns, you'd think there wouldn't be anything left alive if you listen to a certain group of people.  Sure, some species are under more pressure than they were 40 years ago, other species are doing a lot better.
and it will have to be tackled.

We are certainly over populated in certain areas, but the planet can hold, feed, shelter, clothe and entertain a LOT of people.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 09:26:00 AM »

I suppose we're just at different levels of harm we're willing to inflict on this rock/Mother Earth.  Lets say it is a problem, what do you suggest we do about it?  Educated people in the west choosing to not have kids isn't going to help unless by doing so they convince 100 women in sub-Sahara Africa to do the same.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 10:16:58 AM »

It just reeks of the 70s whacky environmentalists that were telling us we were ALL going to be starving in the 90s, how DDT was horrible for everybody and eveyrthing and of course, the coming ice age.
Massive increase of funding for family planning and education of girls in developing countries (the last one is generally the single most important factor). Combined with micro loans to poor females to start their own small businesses etc. Independent women gets fewer children.
I wouldn't be as against that as you would assume.
Hey, I'm for free trade too!  Protectionist policies hurt everybody.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 05:19:01 PM »

Well, first world people can just freaking move and stop bitching about it.  Outside the first world, I don't know....it's going to take a lot of money from the first world to fix it I would imagine.  Not only in moving expenses, but in (as politicus and I want) more education, especially for the women folk.  It's not going to be easy, people will bitch, hell, we don't have to worry about it because it's not going to happen.  Too hard, people don't care enough, even if we could, the people on the ground likely won't enjoy being told where they can go ('cause it won't be where they want to go).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies