Emerson College: Sanders surging nationally, Trump ahead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:36:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Emerson College: Sanders surging nationally, Trump ahead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Emerson College: Sanders surging nationally, Trump ahead  (Read 1704 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 13, 2015, 03:09:53 AM »

Note that this poll is 2 weeks old. A new poll will be released in Mid-September.

Dems:

54% Clinton
33% Sanders
  9% Biden
  2% O'Malley
  1% Webb
  1% Chafee

GOP:

31% Trump
15% Bush
13% Walker
  8% Cruz
  6% Huckabee
  5% Carson
  4% Paul
  4% Rubio
  3% Fiorina
  2% Kasich
  2% Christie
  all others below 1%
  7% Undecided

Caller ID: The Emerson College Polling Society poll was conducted Sunday July 26 through
Tuesday July 28. The polling sample for the Democratic and the GOP primary consisted of 476
and 481 likely voters respectively, with a margin of error of +/-4.4% and a 95% confidence
level. The General Election sample consisted of 950 likely voters with a margin of error of
+/-3.1% and a 95% confidence level. Data was collected using an Interactive Voice Response
(IVR) system. The full methodology and results can be found at www.theeecps.com.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 03:33:53 AM »

This kind of confirms the NH poll. If this trend continues, he will be able to carry IA as well. After that, though...

If he wins IA and NH, we can bank on Hillary's campaign collapsing and the big mo' on Sanders side. And he might start winning states that looked "inevitable" for Hilldog ...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 03:39:51 AM »

This kind of confirms the NH poll. If this trend continues, he will be able to carry IA as well. After that, though...

If he wins IA and NH, we can bank on Hillary's campaign collapsing and the big mo' on Sanders side. And he might start winning states that looked "inevitable" for Hilldog ...

I don't think so.  You might want to read this:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/bernie-sanders-could-win-iowa-and-new-hampshire-then-lose-everywhere-else/

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 03:47:41 AM »

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/bernie-sanders-could-win-iowa-and-new-hampshire-then-lose-everywhere-else/

(chart)

I know that article, but campaigns do not always play along "math", but develop their own dynamics. This whole assumption in that article is based on "logic" and "math", but what also matters are feelings of voters. If Hillary goes down in flames after IA and NH, she could lose everything after that.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 04:09:05 AM »

That may be right, but you are underestimating the African American loyalty to the Clintons.

That may be starting to change.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/250686-booker-sanders-has-long-record-of-civil-rights
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 04:33:18 AM »

Is it just me, or is Washington missing from that list?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 05:59:49 AM »

Cory Booker has an unusual biography and path to elected office and his views aren't really representative.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 06:17:46 AM »

Morden - while the conclusion of Iowa and NH being his best states is accurate, the methodology is clearly flawed. Is Nevada not expected to be the 3rd state still? Perhaps I'm wrong, but my gut feeling is that the Clark County unions could pull out a caucus for Sanders if he had momentum - depends a bit on Hispanic turnout, but would that not be surprising? He may not get all the delegates, but three straight wins would be something (if only a pipe dream).
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 06:17:50 AM »

Is it just me, or is Washington missing from that list?

It's based on 2008 Democratic primary exit polls, and I think they didn't bother with exit polls in many of the caucus states.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 01:44:07 PM »

Wow. Booker is like the most right-wing Senate Dem. Maybe he really is positioning himself to be Sanders VP.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 03:03:28 PM »

The same site that stated that the Bernie Surge was over just a day before Bernie starts leading in a New Hampshire poll?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 08:16:14 PM »

Wow. Booker is like the most right-wing Senate Dem. Maybe he really is positioning himself to be Sanders VP.

Booker has turned out to be a better Senator than I thought he'd be.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies