Carson did research on brain tissue from aborted fetuses in 1992
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:07:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Carson did research on brain tissue from aborted fetuses in 1992
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Carson did research on brain tissue from aborted fetuses in 1992  (Read 1939 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 13, 2015, 09:07:50 AM »

Wonder if anyone will try to make hay of this:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/virginiahughes/ben-carson-used-fetal-tissue

In possibly related news, Carson just said in an interview that Planned Parenthood puts clinics in poor neighborhoods to "control" the black population:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/251012-carson-planned-parenthood-clinics-in-black-neighborhoods

You must be logged in to read this quote.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 09:10:49 AM »

Any GOP operatives reading this thread are welcome to contact me I can bring out my "Dr Ben FranCarsonstein" attack ad.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 09:17:25 AM »

Any GOP operatives reading this thread are welcome to contact me I can bring out my "Dr Ben FranCarsonstein" attack ad.

Oh my God, now I understand perfectly…from Carson's answer to the first question in the debate:

"The thing that is probably most important is having a brain."

He wasn't talking about his own brain.  He was talking about having other brains to experiment on!
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 09:18:58 AM »

I have just forwarded this to the Donald Trump campaign.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 10:02:40 AM »

RINO!
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 11:35:30 AM »

May I humbly suggest a scenario to root for? Since this will probably sink Carson and Fiorina's pro-Islam speech will probably sink her, the Cruz surge is probably coming. We want to see him stubbornly trail only Trump by only 5 points after he has made such a big show of (a) declining to attack anyone (b) cozying up to Trump. And then a frantic Cruz vs Trump to close out the year? That's fun.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 12:37:49 PM »

My opinion of him just went up
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 12:49:31 PM »

Doesn't matter; he's a Republican.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 01:01:50 PM »

May I humbly suggest a scenario to root for? Since this will probably sink Carson and Fiorina's pro-Islam speech will probably sink her, the Cruz surge is probably coming. We want to see him stubbornly trail only Trump by only 5 points after he has made such a big show of (a) declining to attack anyone (b) cozying up to Trump. And then a frantic Cruz vs Trump to close out the year? That's fun.

This could sink Carson. No one gives a crap about Fiorina saying nice things about non-al Qaeda Muslims outside some Washington Express writer and Democrats on Atlas though.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 01:15:12 PM »

This could sink Carson. No one gives a crap about Fiorina saying nice things about non-al Qaeda Muslims outside some Washington Express writer and Democrats on Atlas though.

I think the opposite is true. Democrats on Atlas don't care about it. A GOP primary electorate who fears Sharia Law will imminently replace the Constitution would care if she gets enough momentum for an opponent to promote this.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 01:25:35 PM »

I think he's done for. It's all over the news-- both mainstream and conservative.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 01:27:46 PM »

I think the opposite is true. Democrats on Atlas don't care about it. A GOP primary electorate who fears Sharia Law will imminently replace the Constitution would care if she gets enough momentum for an opponent to promote this.

No Republican politician is going to launch an openly racist attack on her for saying that not all Muslims are bad.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2015, 01:36:58 PM »

No Republican politician is going to launch an openly racist attack on her for saying that not all Muslims are bad.

Really? I think Jindal, Santorum and Rubio may attack Huckabee for not letting them attack her first.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 02:12:03 PM »

RIP
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 10:12:21 PM »

Carson responds:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/13/politics/ben-carson-aborted-fetuses-research/index.html

Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015, 01:16:21 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2015, 01:47:28 AM by Famous Mortimer »

This literal makes no sense. The last line is "the tissue that was used for this study was not collected for this study"
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 01:24:59 AM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/08/13/ben-carsons-tortured-defense-of-his-research-with-fetal-tissue/

daverep
Rookie
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2015, 09:13:11 AM »

Just like only Nixon could go to China, only Carson could do research on brain tissue from aborted fetuses.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2015, 07:12:35 AM »

*bump*

More on Carson's past that's hard to square with his pro-life present:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/ben-carson-abortion-stance-121456.html?hp=t3_r

HillOfANight
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2015, 07:26:36 AM »

Carson's been nice to Trump, so Trump is holding his fire. The media will tear Carson down for him though. Great news for Trump.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2015, 01:44:29 PM »

Famous Mortimer, is there anything you would like to say to the board?

It turns out this was unnecessary to derail Fiorina but had she otherwise been able to maintain momentum and been where Carson is now, this would have been the scandal that ended her. (Likewise, it seems Carson getting caught as a serial liar and Ted Cruz hitting all the right notes might make it superfluous to hit him on fetal tissue research.) Anyway, the reason I dug this up was because I think the hypothetical scenario I posed in the initial quote is coming to frightening fruition. Trump is in Cruz's way and so Cruz will have to comically reverse himself on his Trump praise and self-righteous vow to refrain from attacks. Better than that, Rubio echoed the same ostensibly noble sentiment as Cruz and they've been furiously trading shots. Fun stuff.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2015, 02:50:59 PM »

This literal makes no sense. The last line is "the tissue that was used for this study was not collected for this study"

Sure it does. You can obtain tissue samples for a study without there being any connection between how and where those tissues came from and the group doing the study. That's what the doctor is saying: the tissue used was not collected specifically for that study. What doesn't make sense?
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2015, 09:22:56 PM »

And probably 95% of the posters here received a vaccine that was prepared using tissue taken from an aborted fetus. That doesn't make it right, but don't judge him too harshly.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies