Opinion of this image (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:51:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Opinion of this image (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of this image
Positive (D)

Negative (D)

Positive (R)

Negative (R)

Positive (I/O)

Negative (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 92

Author Topic: Opinion of this image  (Read 2880 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 16, 2015, 11:16:04 PM »

I really do not care if I am eating horse sh**t, I at least deserve the right to have a note on my food that it has horsesh**t. Bad example, but my point is that I don't care about GMO's at all, but some people do so why shouldn't we put a label that warns those people about it. If it is such a big deal for these corporations to put a little warning label on their food, it really gives a bad image for those people wondering if GMO's are harmful or not.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 11:44:44 PM »

You people are being crazy.

There is no limit to what you could require on labels.  You require food labels to state where the food was grown, what fertilizers and pesticides were used, what the phase of the moon was when it was harvested.  And, some people might want to know that information.  It shouldn't be required unless it's relevant to the consumer. 

As I quoted before, this change would cost upwards of $700 million per year to adopt.  Also, that number is from the pro-GMO labeling crowd.  We could easily be talking about one billion dollars per year.  And, it would have no benefit whatsoever for consumers.  Not only that, non-GMO products already list that on their label!  So, people who want non-GMO food can just buy food with a non-GMO certified label, problem solved.  Why waste $700 million to solve a non-issue which, in fact, already has a solution?
Sources, I cannot imagine it being $700 million for a simple relabeling.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 12:35:50 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Seemed pretty reasonable to me, I think then consumers can just look on the back for their non-GMO items, without all the time and money being put into making sure GMO labeling is there. BTW thank you bedstuy for the source, found it very interesting to learn about this subject.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 12:43:52 AM »

It's interesting that whenever the GMO debate comes up, nobody considers the possibility that there are other issues at stake besides the health of the people eating them.
What do you mean?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 01:23:13 PM »

The Question is how much we want to pay for knowing what has GMO's and what doesn't. From bedstuy's research it looks like the cost of the labor to make sure that these products are not GMO is in the upper billions which could be spent on educating the public on GMO's. Also then we can put labels on non-GMO products for people who still feel un-safe on it to buy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies