Warren Harding love child confirmed by DNA test
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:28:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Warren Harding love child confirmed by DNA test
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Warren Harding love child confirmed by DNA test  (Read 1628 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 13, 2015, 06:44:36 PM »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33915102

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 09:00:12 PM »

When Harding was a teenager, his father supposedly said to him, "It's a good thing you aren't a girl, or you'd be in the family way all the time. You don't know how to say no."
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 11:04:13 PM »

I knew that Warren G. Harding was a corrupt piece of s**t, but I didn't think he'd father a child out of wedlock.

Well, I guess it's time to get the Harding 2016 posters shipped out.

A zombie Warren G. Harding is running for president now? I guess he's dead serious.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 11:37:50 PM »

One of our greatest presidents
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 12:15:04 AM »

This should have been announced on a special episode of Maury, I guess with actors filling in for the deceased parties.  What a let down.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 12:48:55 AM »

As I said elsewhere: Somewhere there's an Onion writer kicking himself for not thinking of this headline for one of the Onion's "editorials".
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 01:23:18 AM »

Warren Harding was an average president. His reputation as the "worst president" has a lot to do with his averageness. Since no one feels really strong about him, historians can talk smack about him without seeming overly partisan, the way they wouldn't if they went after Reagan or FDR. He was corrupt but his corruption pales in comparison to lobbying practices that are legal today.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 01:55:10 PM »

Warren Harding was an average president. His reputation as the "worst president" has a lot to do with his averageness. Since no one feels really strong about him, historians can talk smack about him without seeming overly partisan, the way they wouldn't if they went after Reagan or FDR. He was corrupt but his corruption pales in comparison to lobbying practices that are legal today.

Such was the assessment that I saw of one (pre-Dubya) ranking of the Presidents. Ordinarily the unspoken requirements of the job is that one be above-average in morals, political skills, and overall intelligence. Harding was 'average, average, average'. Maybe a little above, but not by much.  He would have been just the person to be a real-estate broker, a factory foreman, the chief officer of a savings-and-loan, a school headmaster, or a local chief of police.

The author excused a President who had an affair because of a frigid wife (FDR, Eisenhower) or had a long-time relationship with a slave woman that he treated as a wife after he became a widower (Jefferson, whose quasi-wife was a close relation to his deceased wife)  -- but not someone who slept with anything that moved, as did Harding. The rumors about JFK were not yet well known.

Harding showed very poor judgment in his sexuality and in his unfounded trust in Ohio cronies who would be caught up in the Teapot Dome scandal. Truly-wise people don't make so many such mistakes. It is highly unlikely that anyone so unqualified as Harding could ever become President of the United States again.   
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2015, 04:20:50 PM »

So much for the claims he was infertile.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 08:52:06 PM »

lol
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 09:44:08 PM »

Oooooooh