MSNBC hosts saying they see Trump as a real frontrunner now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:56:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  MSNBC hosts saying they see Trump as a real frontrunner now
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MSNBC hosts saying they see Trump as a real frontrunner now  (Read 463 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 14, 2015, 06:49:30 PM »

MSNBC hosts are saying they agree with everything single thing Donald Trump just said in his most recent press conference.

Trump blasted the Iraq War, blasted the effects of Citizens United, said we need better generals, said Kentucky deserves better than Rand Paul who sees being a Senator of Kentucky as a fallback option, and said Jeb Bush is a puppet of his fundraisers and pollsters.

And it's wacky to say, but I actually agreed with Trump on all of it too.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 06:55:49 PM »

Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm also in complete agreement with Trump on this. Granted, he's not the big solution here, Kasich is, but still.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 06:57:13 PM »

Wow, most of that's pretty spot on.  Interesting that Trump would go with rhetoric that appeals to Democrats...
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 07:03:57 PM »

Wow, most of that's pretty spot on.  Interesting that Trump would go with rhetoric that appeals to Democrats...

It's not necessarily Democratic rhetoric but anti-political rhetoric. The reason why he can get away with saying things like this is because people actually believe him because he's someone who's put down the money and pulled the proverbial strings so to speak. It also helps against Hilary later on because she's heavily perceived as a corporate shill already.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 07:10:33 PM »

Meanwhile, the ex frontrunner just said that the $2 trillion Iraq war was "a pretty good deal".
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 07:38:56 PM »

MSNBC hosts are saying they agree with everything single thing Donald Trump just said in his most recent press conference.

Trump blasted the Iraq War, blasted the effects of Citizens United, said we need better generals, said Kentucky deserves better than Rand Paul who sees being a Senator of Kentucky as a fallback option, and said Jeb Bush is a puppet of his fundraisers and pollsters.

And it's wacky to say, but I actually agreed with Trump on all of it too.

I want to address all of these things;

1. On Iraq, even those who opposed the war should realize that Donald Trump is not knowledgeable on Iraq or foreign policy in general.

I doubt the majority of those who opposed the Iraq war want a President who says this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Trump also blames Jeb Bush for the war in Iraq. In October 2002 when the war resolution was passed, Bush was seeking re-election as Governor of Florida. To suggest otherwise is a lie. Those of us who believe George W. Bush made the right decision disagree with Trump and believe that it was in our national security interest to go into Iraq. Also, Iran didn't "take over Iraq."

2. Donald Trump has already demonstrated that he dislikes private property rights and the second amendment. Whether or not one likes the influence of money in politics is irrelevant to Citizens United. If you don't like Citizens United, fight to change the constitution. But I don't think we should change the first amendment, Trump obviously disrespects the first amendment.

Now, those who agree with Trump on this issue have to recognize the hypocrisy here. Trump has admitted giving money to those in public office in exchange for favors.

3. Donald Trump's attack on Rand Paul is pretty lame. Rand Paul has been the best candidate at exposing Donald Trump in this presidential race, that's why Trump is being nasty.

4. It would be easy for Jeb Bush to walk back his positions on Common Core and immigration. Politically, it would benefit him. Mr. Trump has tried to flip-flop or play both sides on abortion, gun control, health care, taxes, and immigration. Trump is a puppet for the tea party, Governor Bush is a principled reformer.

5. Donald Trump insulting our Generals is unpatriotic and disgusting. Trump knows nothing about our military, he doesn't have the judgement to be President of the United States.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 07:46:34 PM »

Trump also blames Jeb Bush for the war in Iraq. In October 2002 when the war resolution was passed, Bush was seeking re-election as Governor of Florida. To suggest otherwise is a lie. Those of us who believe George W. Bush made the right decision disagree with Trump and believe that it was in our national security interest to go into Iraq. Also, Iran didn't "take over Iraq."

Jeb and not Dubya was a PNAC founder, so of course he deserves a lot of blame for the Iraq war.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 08:06:17 PM »

Also, Iran didn't "take over Iraq."

I take issue with this. I mean Iran didn't annex Southern Iraq or anything but it is clearly a client state of the Iranians. I think you're purposely misunderstanding him on this particular point.

The removal of Saddam Hussein as a major victory for Iran and very much enabled them to further expand their sphere of influence. To suggest otherwise is to be in denial.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 08:09:31 PM »

Trump actually has solid political opinions. If people cannot realize this, they are beyond stupid. He is in it for sh**ts and giggles.

Whether or not Trump started out wanting to be President or not, I think he's got a full-bore case of Potomac Fever.  It's a catchy bug, isn't it?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies