MO-SEN 2018: The Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:08:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MO-SEN 2018: The Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Rate this race
Safe D

Likely D

Lean D

Tilt D

Tossup

Tilt R

Lean R

Likely R

Safe R

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 284

Author Topic: MO-SEN 2018: The Megathread  (Read 129920 times)
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« on: August 24, 2017, 12:08:55 AM »

Another one of those illegal voters?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Why does this law exist in the first place? Also, why should he permanently move to Jefferson City? McCaskill still votes in Missouri even though she (like all senators except a select few like Ben sadse) lives in Washington.

Ask the Missouri legislature.  It looks like the law has been on the books for many years.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's an excessively stupid law - however, when you're the Attorney General you should know that this applies to you

I poked around the Missouri statutes and AG seems to be the only state office with this requirement.

I wonder what the reasoning is, especially for just ONE office like that

Time travellers seeking to troll Hawley?!?
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 07:41:51 AM »

Mccaskill won't go below 45%. Not in 2018.
Agreed. Honestly I can see her scraping by by the skin of her teeth, saved by the national environment, Right-to-Work ballot initiative, and a shrewdly-run campaign.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 09:38:25 AM »

Hawley's campaing has finally started running ads, where up to this point it had all been outside groups pouring in against McCaskill. McCaskill's campaign has been on the air, unchallenged, since April.

Lazy boi Hawley actually started to do something?

Tilt D --> Titanium R, sound the alarm bells
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 06:51:22 PM »

This race has been pretty much a dead heat for the past year. It will probably come down just to national environment, which is why Claire probably takes this one.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 04:24:05 PM »

Mrs McCaskill is quite skilled with going negative. She deposed the sitting governor of her own party in 2004 with the term "One-Term-Bob". Now she defines Mr Hawley quite negatively as well. As my pre-poster said, other Democrats(especially the one in TX) are not remotely as skillful and/or have the suiting opponent. Going negative is quite important and easiest-for-common to understand skill to show leadership. Honestly, who does not appreciate a brawl?

I really admire her ruthless aggression compared to the lot of the other bland waffle-y red state Dems.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies