Carson: The number one cause of death for blacks is abortion!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:59:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Carson: The number one cause of death for blacks is abortion!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Carson: The number one cause of death for blacks is abortion!  (Read 3668 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 14, 2015, 06:36:13 PM »

WTF???

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ben-carson-abortion-black-people

Republican presidential candidate and retired neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson told Fox News on Thursday night that he thinks abortion is the leading cause of death among black people.

Carson also told Fox News host Eric Bolling on the "O'Reilly Factor" that he stood by his comments that he made on Fox's "Your World" program earlier this week that Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger "believes in eugenics" and "was not particularly enamored with black people."

Carson reiterated those sentiments on Thursday and told Bolling, "it is quite true that the majority or plurality of their clinics are in minority neighborhoods."
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 07:19:29 PM »

There might be more miscarriages than abortions.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 07:49:07 PM »

Silly benjamin.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 08:18:25 PM »

Actually, about half of African Americans die from abortion (i.e. abortion equals all the other causes of death COMBINED or as many black people are aborted as born).
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 08:30:46 PM »

Actually, about half of African Americans die from abortion (i.e. abortion equals all the other causes of death COMBINED or as many black people are aborted as born).

[Citation Needed]
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 09:25:07 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2015, 09:29:44 PM by dudeabides »

I do not view Doctor Ben Carson as a credible candidate for President, but when he's right he's right and I think he deserves tremendous credit for speaking the truth.

Since 1973, 13 million black fetuses have been aborted. That's about 22% of the total abortions taking place since then, and only 13% of the U.S. population is black. Liberals often like to try and use violent crime to deny people their second amendment rights, but they refuse to talk about the horrors of abortion.

One thing I actually agree with Donald Trump on is that Barack Obama has been absolutely horrible for the black community. During his first four years in office, nearly 5 million abortions have taken place and as we know, a disproportionate number of abortions take place in the black community. Poverty is up and as well all know, a disproportionate number of blacks live in poverty. The black lives matter movement is creating more racism as those who judge the actions of a few on the many now look and see blacks being disruptive and even violent, when the vast majority of blacks are hard working, tax paying Americans who love their country and family.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 09:27:55 PM »

Newsflash: fetuses aren't people, legally or otherwise.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 09:28:19 PM »

[Citation Needed]

^
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 09:28:56 PM »

Thank you.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 09:31:10 PM »

Besides, it's now known that Carson cut up little dead fetuses 20 years ago. Can we assume based on his posturing that they were white? Is he saying it's OK to cut up little dead fetuses for science if they're white!?! Just asking questions!
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 09:37:42 PM »

According to the latest CDC stats there were 730k abortions in the USA (2011) and 2.6M deaths (2013). The number one cause of death is heart disease which was 611k. So you could say abortion is number one cause of death for all Americans...except fetuses aren't people.

Not sure why Carson is dragging race into this. Higher abortion rates are proportionate with lower income so it is as much about class. And of course the answer isn't banning abortion but making birth control more available, including morning after pills.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 09:42:22 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2015, 09:43:59 PM by dudeabides »

Science has not determined exactly when a person is formed. But after week 7 is when a fetus is present. Clearly, a fetus is a living thing that can feel pain and which requires oxygen. Clearly, a fetus is a living human, though not yet a fully formed person (there is a difference as a human is something that is living distinguished from animals whereas a person is a human with characteristics.)

Roe V. Wade was an activist court decision. But I guess up until the late 20th century, liberals would have considered Plessy Vs. Ferguson and Dred Scott "law" as well. Additionally, the bill of rights clearly states that we have an obligation to protect life. That means all human life, we don't get to pick and choose.

Liberals fight to keep abortion legal, but when a terrorist is water boarded or a murderer is on death row, they yell and scream.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 10:26:04 PM »

They why is killing a pregnant woman double homicide?

Because, assuming the woman was not intending to abort the fetus, the woman had full intention of nurturing it till personhood (i.e. birth).

Science has not determined exactly when a person is formed. But after week 7 is when a fetus is present. Clearly, a fetus is a living thing that can feel pain and which requires oxygen. Clearly, a fetus is a living human, though not yet a fully formed person (there is a difference as a human is something that is living distinguished from animals whereas a person is a human with characteristics.)

Roe V. Wade was an activist court decision. But I guess up until the late 20th century, liberals would have considered Plessy Vs. Ferguson and Dred Scott "law" as well. Additionally, the bill of rights clearly states that we have an obligation to protect life. That means all human life, we don't get to pick and choose.

Liberals fight to keep abortion legal, but when a terrorist is water boarded or a murderer is on death row, they yell and scream.

Yes. As was already stated, fetuses are not human life. They are forming humans, but they are not yet human.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2015, 10:37:50 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2015, 10:44:31 PM by Skill and Chance »

Because, assuming the woman was not intending to abort the fetus, the woman had full intention of nurturing it till personhood (i.e. birth).

Yes. As was already stated, fetuses are not human life. They are forming humans, but they are not yet human.

Why, specifically, should birth grant personhood?  It is well established that developing babies are self-aware well prior to birth.  I will give you that US citizenship and 14th Amendment equal protection rights begin at birth, but that's insufficient for this purpose because it is still murder to kill a non-citizen.  If it has to do with being physically attached to the mother, are conjoined twins one person or two separate people with distinct civil rights?  I am open minded about this issue, but it ought to be treated seriously, not as the equivalent of using Listerine.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 10:43:33 PM »

and how many nonwhites died during the Iraq war?
and how many Japanese died when Truman decided that it was ok to use nuclear weapons.
(pronounced nuclear not nukeyaler by the way)
Japanese lives matter.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015, 10:50:30 PM »

and how many nonwhites died during the Iraq war?
and how many Japanese died when Truman decided that it was ok to use nuclear weapons.
(pronounced nuclear not nukeyaler by the way)
Japanese lives matter.

Harry Truman and George W. Bush made tough decisions and the decisions they made saved countless lives. As a society, we always honor the memory of the fallen. But let's remember that innocent people died on September 11, 2001 and on December 7, 1941. Innocent people also died in Iraq in mass graves.

I'm not interested in technicalities. I don't support abortion at all unless there is a case of the mother's health, rape, and incest, but after 7 weeks there is no doubt a fetus is a living organism, the debate is when before the 7 week period does it become living. Furthermore, the 7 week mark is still the first trimester.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 11:06:28 PM »

Is there something you don't understand about this?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 12:07:16 AM »

This is a common right-wing, pro-life argument. At one point there were anti-abortion billboards put up in black areas by a pro-life group.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2015, 12:47:47 AM »

It's not a question for science, ya bozo. 

It's a philosophical question with no obvious answer.  A viable fetus is a human being.  A fertilized egg is not.  Where you draw the line in between, it's a very tough judgment call.  So, we reserve that judgment for the woman, in consultation with her doctor.

And, the rest of you goons, yes, if you oppose abortion, it's a bad thing.  If I thought it was murder, I would oppose it too.  But, I don't and everyone who support a woman's right to choose doesn't believe it's a murder.  You can't just demand that people adopt your assumptions about the world. 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 01:02:36 AM »

It's not a question for science, ya bozo. 

It's a philosophical question with no obvious answer.  A viable fetus is a human being.  A fertilized egg is not.  Where you draw the line in between, it's a very tough judgment call.  So, we reserve that judgment for the woman, in consultation with her doctor.

And, the rest of you goons, yes, if you oppose abortion, it's a bad thing.  If I thought it was murder, I would oppose it too.  But, I don't and everyone who support a woman's right to choose doesn't believe it's a murder.  You can't just demand that people adopt your assumptions about the world. 

A fertilized egg is an individual human organism and so in that sense is a human being.

Viability is the most vapid concept imaginable for defining when meaningful life begins.  Why should it be dependent on the state of medical technology?
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2015, 01:11:08 AM »

Viability isn't necessarily the answer, it just makes the question moot.  And, let's not debate this.
pho
iheartpho
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -1.39

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2015, 08:37:25 AM »

The number one cause of death for black people is poverty, as that's what drives crime, poor health choices, and yes—the demand for abortion services.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2015, 09:27:59 AM »

The number one cause of death for black people is poverty, as that's what drives crime, poor health choices, and yes—the demand for abortion services.

All of which has gotten worse under Obama.
pho
iheartpho
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -1.39

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2015, 11:21:49 AM »

All of which has gotten worse under Obama.

Correct, but in fairness, it's gotten worse under every President since Reagan.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2015, 03:48:39 PM »

Viability isn't necessarily the answer, it just makes the question moot.  And, let's not debate this.

I wish. Abortions still occur post-viability.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies