Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:41:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges  (Read 6964 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2015, 09:52:03 PM »

August 18th, 2007

Nicolle Wallace, White House Press Secretary: President Cheney is making his final calls for the day now. He will be announcing his choice for Vice President tomorrow morning in lieu of my morning briefing. The President and his nominee will take one questions each and then pose for pictures. Thank you everyone, that's a full lid.

Meanwhile

Dick Cheney, into phone: David, I'm going to go ahead with it. You've got some reservations and I understand that, but this country needs you. You've got to do this. Alright, great. I'll send a car over tomorrow morning.

Donald Knowland, Secret Service Agent: I've got the professor from Georgetown on line 3, Mr. President.

Cheney: Thanks, Donny. By the way, tomorrow I'm going to promote you to Special Assistant to the President.

Knowland: I'm honored, Mr. President. Will my duties change?

Cheney: You do what I say. Just like you do now.

Knowland: Yes, sir. The professor?

Cheney, into phone: Good evening. Tomorrow, I'm going to appoint you to the United States Supreme Court. ... No, you can't think about. You're a lawyer. Every lawyer's dream is to serve on the country's highest Court. ... Look, it's late. I'm going to bed. You're going to bench. Wear something nice tomorrow morning, the press will want to see you.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2015, 09:54:56 PM »

I'll give out a cookie if someone correctly picks both the VP and SCOTUS nominees.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2015, 09:55:56 PM »

I'll give out a cookie if someone correctly picks both the VP and SCOTUS nominees.
I am still having a hard time understanding what is going on.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2015, 09:58:03 PM »

Because of the vague, seedy plot or because I'm writing it poorly? One of those is on purpose, one I can work to fix.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2015, 10:29:34 PM »

Can't wait to see who Cheney picked! I have no guesses.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2015, 11:00:48 PM »

David Duke for VP
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2015, 11:16:25 PM »

Because of the vague, seedy plot or because I'm writing it poorly? One of those is on purpose, one I can work to fix.
No, your wording is great! I am very intrigued but I am just trying to get the full picture! Excited for more to come!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2015, 11:34:16 PM »
« Edited: August 20, 2015, 11:39:30 PM by DKrol »

August 19th, 2007

Bill Hemmer: Breaking news, coming into Fox News at the moment. President Cheney has nominated Viet Dinh to the Supreme Court. Dinh is a former Assistant Attorney General, former member of the Board of Directors of Fox's parent company News Corp., and is currently a law professor at Georgetown University. The only thing is, we're not sure what seat is being vacated. No Justice has died or resigned, that we know of.

He's also appointed Donald Knowland as Special Assistant to the President. We're not sure who Knowland is, but he's about to become a major player in Washington.

Twenty-five minutes later

Dick Cheney: Part of the duties of a President is filling vacancy that may occur during his time. With my ascension to the Presidency created a large vacancy, the office of Vice President. I have thought long and hard about who should fill the position. A Vice President must be qualified to become President. That is the only qualification from the Constitution. But there is more. A Vice President must be a strong, unifying figure. He must be able to serve as a rallying point for the nation. At this moment in our nation's history, I felt the need to make a bold choice for Vice President. That is why I've chosen to nominate Supreme Court Justice David Souter to serve as my Vice President.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2015, 07:16:35 AM »

Well, at least he isn't court packing.
Captain Chaos
GZ67
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2015, 08:11:57 AM »

He may not be court packing but Viet Dinh is more conservative than Souter. And Souter is put into a position where he cannot oppose Cheney's policies or act independently.

A very Machiavellian move.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2015, 04:16:33 PM »

August 21st, 2007

John Edwards: Now, many of you know that I endorsed Senator Barack Obama for President some months ago. But on August 8th, we lost the great Senator from Illinois. And America needs someone to stand up to these terrorists - that is what they are, terrorists - and fight for America. We will not take these attacks on our back. That is why I'm here today to announce my candidacy for President of the United States of America!

Jon Scott: Senator John Edwards, the 2004 nominee for Vice President, has just thrown his hat into the every crowding Democratic field. Earlier this week, Governor Bill Richardson, former Governor Mark Warner, and Senator Joe Biden all announced their intentions to run for president after the field was cleared by the death of Senators Obama and Clinton. Still looking into a bid are former General Wes Clark and Senator Evan Bayh.

Later that day

Donald Knowland: Mr. President, Gen...Colin Powell has been causing some trouble. He's hired the biggest name lawyer in the country for this kind of thing - Judy Clarke. She wants him released on bail.

Dick Cheney: Get my someone from counsel's office in here.

Four minutes later

Rachel Rhodes, Assistant Deputy White House Counsel: It's very easy, Mr. President. I can have a form drawn up in about half an hour, you sign it, and it's set.

Cheney: Then let's get on it. I don't want him even able to see a lawyer.

One hour later

Jon Scott: Breaking now - President Cheney has classified Colin Powell as an enemy combatant for his role in the August 8th attacks. He will be transferred to Guantanamo Bay...I'm sorry, he's already been transferred to the Cuban Naval Station.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2015, 08:52:10 PM »

What's happened to Colin Powell's business contacts? I think I know how Cheney will fall, though.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2015, 08:58:50 PM »

What's happened to Colin Powell's business contacts? I think I know how Cheney will fall, though.

Michael has been able to keep them from going bat-stuff, with Alma under house arrest by the Secret Service.

How do you think the Dick will go down?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2015, 10:46:53 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2015, 07:41:21 AM by DKrol »

September 11th, 2007

Dick Cheney: Our nation is still healing from the terrible blow we were dealt last month, but we are also still healing from the blow our nation was dealt six years ago. The months of August and September will go down in American history as the two deadliest months on the American homeland. On this day, I find only minimal pleasure in the following announcement: Donald Knowland, Special Assistant to the President, will be heading a special commission to determine the cause, preparation, and execution of the August 8th Attacks. I trust he will execute justice and bring solace to many Americans. Thank you and God Bless.

Tom Mitchell, Television Producer: That's a wrap. Congratulations, Mr. President.

Donald Knowland: Very good, Mr. President. You have a meeting with Jerry and a lead in the case.

Jerry Douglas, Secret Service Agent: Mr. President, we have reason to believe that Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens was working with Powell during the planning of the attacks. Stevens used his gravitas to shuffle things around under the radar, giving Powell's attackers passports and other legal documents.

Cheney: I saw that in my briefing. Don't mention it to David. Arrest Stevens. He lives in Virginia, somewhere. I want him charged and arraigned and then on the first flight to Gitmo.

Douglas: Yes, Mr. President.

September 13th, 2007

Chief Justice John Roberts: The Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in the fall term on the following cases: Billings v. Ohio, et al.; Donovan v. Hughes; AFL-CIO v. Michigan; and ACLU v. Knowland. That's all, thank you.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2015, 07:57:34 AM »

October 1st, 2007

Dennis Kucinich: What Dick Cheney is doing is treason! He's had a Secretary of State and a Supreme Court Justice arrested and shipped off to Cuba, for God's sake! He's taken a Justice off the Court and stuffed him in some closet with a star that says 'Vice President'. Now he's made some no-name Secret Service Agent the head of the Commission to find out what happened on August 8th? He's leading a coup from within!

Some time later

Dick Cheney: Donny, how's the report coming?

Donald Knowland: We're find some interesting facts. Powell never placed an outgoing call to any Middle Eastern nation within the three months before the attacks. Stevens was on vacation in the Florida Keys for a month before. We're having trouble drawing the lines and connecting the dots.

Cheney: I've got a few things that may help the investigation, some things the Pentagon gave me.

Knowland: Thank you very much, sir. Also - Kucinich is spouting off again. He's attacked the both of us as leading a coup.

Cheney: It can't be a coup if you come to power legally.

October 6th, 2007

Chief Justice John Roberts: We live in a nation where the basic structures of government are written out in full. That is why this Court has voted 5 to 3 in favor of the defendant to overturn the decision of the Court of Appeals for the First District. In the case of ACLU v. Knowland, it has been so ordered.

Charlie Rose: That was the Chief Justice, reading the majority opinion in the Court's final case of the fall term. To discuss what this decision means - in a case that was as ambiguous and vague as a case has been in the last century - is CBS judicial correspondent Jan Crawford. Jan?

Jan Crawford: The basis of the case revolves around an 1870s law called the Posse Comitatus Act which banned members of the military from serving as domestic law enforcement personnel. The Court has overturned this law, citing it as unconstitutional in their 5-3 decision. Antonin Scalia wrote the opinion and was joined by Roberts, Thomas, Alito, and Dinh while Justice Ginsburg wrote the dissent with Justices Kennedy and Breyer.

Meanwhile

David Souter: Dammit! I should be on the Court! I should have written the dissent - Posse Comitatus is one of the few protections from a military dictatorship! Madi! Get me the President.

Madison Brown, Senior Aid to the Vice President: Sir, his office has asked that all your message be sent over either in person or in writing.

Souter: The President isn't taking calls from the Vice President? Tell the Secret Service I'm heading over there. Dammit!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2015, 12:20:37 PM »

October 21st, 2007

Donald Knowland: Sir, I know you wanted me to release the Commission Report on October 25th. but, here's the thing, we're not ready.

Dick Cheney: What the hell do you mean you're not ready? I've given you everything you asked for and then some. We connect Powell to Yemen and Stevens to the Harvard professor who took a sabbatical in Afghanistan. What else is there?

Knowland: We have that, which explains the Sears Tower, Capitol, and White House attacks. But we can't figure out how the attack on Air Force One happened. The President's schedule is kept top secret from almost everyone except top level clearance.

Cheney: You're wasting my time, Donny. I have a mutinous Vice President brewing in some closet in the basement and you're playing Guess Who with me!

Knowland: Sir, I don't know what to do! I've talked to 2,000 witnesses and no one knows who leaked the President's schedule. I need more help if you want a release in four days.

Cheney: Look. Had anyone high up just had their toes stepped on? Had anyone just been shown the door? Dammit, Donny, open your eyes.

October 25th, 2007

Andrea Mitchell: We're taking you live to Washington, where Donald Knowland is announcing the findings of the President's Commission on Terror Against the United States. Here it is.

Donald Knowland: Over the last month, the Secret Service has worked with the FBI, CIA, Naval Intelligence, the Armed Forces, the Justice and State Departments, the Pentagon, and many state and local agencies. We interviewed thousands of witnesses and arrested several dozen suspects. Today, we are ready to release the results of that investigation.

The plan to attack the United States began in early 2006, just after Colin Powell was removed as Secretary of State in the Bush Administration. Powell used diplomatic back channels to deliver key documents to an Al-Qaeda affiliate Yemen. It was through those documents that the attacks on the Sears Tower, the Capitol, the White House, and Air Force One were plotted.

When it came time for the attacks to take place, the terrorists required certain documents in order to enter the United States, obtain passports, and buy plane tickets. John Paul Stevens, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, was contacted through a mutual friend by the Yemeni mastermind of the attacks. Stevens used his clout as a Justice to funnel the documents through. He also pulled strings with his friends in the Justice Department to get them to turn a blind eye on the sudden arrival of two dozen Yemeni men in the country, some of whom had been tied to Al-Qaeda prior.

However, there was someone else involved with the attacks that had previously not been mentioned or implicated. In order to know when Air Force One was going to be taking off on August 8th, an informant within the current executive office would have been required. We have found that General Peter Pace of the Marine Corps, through Powell and the diplomatic back channels, released the President's private schedule to the terrorists. We believe that Pace was spurred to act over Defense Secretary Robert Gate's decision not recommend Pace for another term as Chief of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Twenty minutes ago, Peter Pace was arrested by members the 121st Fighter Squadron of the 113th Wing of the United States Air Force as he was preparing to board a plane to Argentina.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2015, 03:18:33 PM »

Thoughts, questions, comments, or concerns?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2015, 03:53:57 PM »

November 22nd, 2007

Lieutenant Kyle McKnight: I asked you a question!

Collin Powell: This is a sham! You're just as bad as Cheney. Oomph!

McKnight: Answer the damn question! When did you decide to attack the United States?

Powell: I didn't! I never did anyth--

McKnight: We've already got it out of Stevens. Just tell me!

Powell: John Paul? He didn't. He wouldn't. He couldn't. What'd you promise him?

McKnight: The secure blessings of liberty and justice. And we'll give the same to you if you answer the damn question!

Powell: What about Pace? What's he saying?

McKnight: I ask the questions around here! When did you decide to attack the United States?

Powell: Screw you.

Meanwhile

John Paul Stevens: I'm 87 years old. Please, let me sit quietly in my cell.

Commander Travis Jones: All you need to do is implicate Powell and Pace and we'll let you spend the rest of your decrepit, criminal life in a cozy cell. Three words - It was Powell - that's all we need.

Stevens: I...It...It was my plan. Bush was leading the country down the wrong path - he was going to send more troops into the Gulf. We couldn't...I couldn't....they were just going to die.

Jones: ...Admiral, you're going to want to hear this.

December 1st, 2007

Dick Cheney: For some months now, I have left the Supreme Court seat vacated by Justice John Paul Stevens vacant. I had hoped that our justice system would see him vindicated and he could rejoin his colleagues. However, as the weeks have drawn on, I have come to recognize that that will not happen. I have decided to appoint Larry Thompson to the United States Supreme Court.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2015, 08:58:38 PM »

Wait... they actually did it?
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2015, 09:00:29 PM »

You're as surprised as I am.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2015, 10:06:32 PM »

I'm shocked.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2015, 10:07:27 PM »

Yeah, too bad Cheney is too evil here to just have explored the truth.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2015, 01:44:12 AM »

Great timeline...I didn't expect Evil Cheney to be right!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2015, 03:25:45 PM »

December 2nd, 2007

Dick Cheney: What?

Donald Knowland: Yes, sir. Stevens confessed to their crimes after strong interrogation from the officers. It's recorded and we're prepared to publish it tomorrow.

Cheney: No.

Knowland: Excuse me, sir?

Cheney: We can't let that video out. It would undermine everything we've worked towards. We can't let the fear subside.

January 3rd, 2008

Brian Williams: NBC News can now report that former Senator John Edwards of North Carolina has won the Iowa Caucus. His closest rival was Delaware Senator Joe Biden, followed by Governor Bill Richardson and former Governor Mark Warner.

January 8th, 2008

Brian Williams: Senator Edwards has won his second contest, claiming victory by a large margin in New Hampshire. Senator Biden also received his second second place finish. Reverend Al Sharpton came in third. the Edwards campaign was lagging in some polls but made up the deficit quickly, following a large donation from business magnate David Lesar.

January 26th, 2008

Brian Williams: South Carolina has voted for native son John Edwards, clinching the critical first three states.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2015, 03:49:51 PM »

That was the last post for...a while. I move into college tomorrow and do not want to make any promises to updating a TL during the transition period.

Many thanks,
DKrol
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies