Should Hillary Step Aside for Biden?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:31:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Should Hillary Step Aside for Biden?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: It isn't looking good
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Should Hillary Step Aside for Biden?  (Read 2227 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2015, 04:57:39 AM »

At this stage, as she haven't really started campaigning and we still don't know if Biden is intending to run?

No.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2015, 05:51:20 AM »

Really, she is useless. She pretty much single-handedly effed up healthcare reform in the 90s, she threw away the nomination in 2008 through sheer stupidity and she is looking set to do the same now. Her husband was far better cut out for the political world.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2015, 08:47:31 AM »

"We got her this time!" -most Republicans who don't realize that nobody gives a sh!t about this "scandal."
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2015, 09:16:05 AM »

LOL. NO.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2015, 09:51:46 AM »

IIT: The two biggest hacks on Atlas fighting, with King throwing good barbs here and there.
madelka
United States
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2015, 10:04:23 AM »

Free Bird, she's basically already won the election and now she should step aside for Biden?
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2015, 10:13:19 AM »

This is silly season.  Nothing illegal or against State Department protocol has been found.  Nothing.  People keep getting pre-upset about hypothetical things she could have done.  Remember, being accused of something is not tantamount to being guilty. 

She obviously should have used a .gov email.  But, this is small issue in the scheme of things.  No other candidate would get this insane scrutiny about their email.  This is a no-harm no-foul situation.  Find some harm, and you can criticize her. 

Why did she do it to begin with? Did she not think there was a reason she was being issued a .gov email? When your employer gives you a company email address, do you use your personal email account to tend to work-related matters?

Dick #$%@ing Cheney didn't even resort to this sort of skullduggery.

No, I agree it's strange.  But, previous Secretaries of State did the same thing as did Jeb Bush when he was governor. 

She said she did it for convenience sake of carrying one email device.  And, that seems like the only explanation.  Using a private email doesn't matter for your personal privacy sake when 90% of your emails are going to .gov email accounts.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2015, 12:39:15 PM »

Hope not☺
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2015, 01:06:12 PM »

You can smell the fear Republicans have against facing Hillary. They cry foul over and over again, waste time on a dozen Congressional hearings, and accuse her of wrong doing, and she always comes out clean. That these pity 'scandals' get blown up to gigantic out of proportion media monsters is indicative that the Republicans can't match her on substance.

I do fear facing her because she will win the female vote by a wide margin, and only Bush & Rubio can close the gap with other groups to have a 50/50 chance of victory, in Bush's case maybe even 51/49. Just as the Democrats want to run against Trump, I want to run against Sanders or O'Malley. In fact, I would rather run against O'Malley because I'd love to watch him lose where as I respect Sanders despite my disagreements with him on everything. Hillary is going to offer single women who can't control themselves free contraception, and she will offer lazy men who want free cell phones free stuff. I wish liberal single women would learn to buy their own contraception, and lazy men would actually go to school or work but that isn't happening, so it's Obama and Clinton to the rescue.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2015, 01:28:42 PM »

You can smell the fear Republicans have against facing Hillary. They cry foul over and over again, waste time on a dozen Congressional hearings, and accuse her of wrong doing, and she always comes out clean. That these pity 'scandals' get blown up to gigantic out of proportion media monsters is indicative that the Republicans can't match her on substance.

I do fear facing her because she will win the female vote by a wide margin, and only Bush & Rubio can close the gap with other groups to have a 50/50 chance of victory, in Bush's case maybe even 51/49. Just as the Democrats want to run against Trump, I want to run against Sanders or O'Malley. In fact, I would rather run against O'Malley because I'd love to watch him lose where as I respect Sanders despite my disagreements with him on everything. Hillary is going to offer single women who can't control themselves free contraception, and she will offer lazy men who want free cell phones free stuff. I wish liberal single women would learn to buy their own contraception, and lazy men would actually go to school or work but that isn't happening, so it's Obama and Clinton to the rescue.

This right here, is a perfect encapsulation of everything that is wrong with the attitude of the modern Republican party. An attack on those "lazy men" (code word for poors, predominately black and latino, being crushed by systemic poverty) and an attack on those women "who can't control themselves" (code word for: we're blatant sexists that don't understand secular family planning for the 21st century, how to break down the patriarchy,  or female anatomy!). The only thing missing is an attack on the gays...
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2015, 01:33:47 PM »

Why shouldn't she step aside:
Because most Democrats don't view sending/receiving classified e-mail on a non-government computer as a big deal.  This unfortunate practice by HC won't stop her from getting the nomination.

Why should she step aside:
Because it is becoming more apparent that she did send/receive classified material on a non-government computer.  Consider these realities -
- It is a crime to mishandle classified information.  (I am a Federal employee.  I am periodically briefed and sign a statement of understanding that if I do mishandle classified information and cause a leak, I lose my job, face a $10,000 fine, and am subject to five years in prison.)
- It is acknowledge by HC that she never used the Dept of State e-mail system.  Consider, as SoS, is it conceivable that she could serve four years and never receive classified information in any e-mail messages?
- She may get a pass from Federal prosecution due to a friendly DoJ, but she'll get hammered in House and Senate hearings.

Perhaps Republicans would be wiser to let things take time, let her win the nomination, then hammer her in the campaign. 
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2015, 01:39:18 PM »

An indictment would be a problem for Hillary if the Republicans were likely to nominate an electable candidate who hasn't committed crimes. So she's in luck.

As for the OP, if Hillary magically had to drop out, the nomination is Sanders's to lose. Though people compare him to Ron Paul, he's acceptable to a far greater percentage of rank and file voters in his party than Ron Paul was.
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2015, 02:43:19 PM »

Why shouldn't she step aside:
Because most Democrats don't view sending/receiving classified e-mail on a non-government computer as a big deal.  This unfortunate practice by HC won't stop her from getting the nomination.

Why should she step aside:
Because it is becoming more apparent that she did send/receive classified material on a non-government computer.  Consider these realities -
- It is a crime to mishandle classified information.  (I am a Federal employee.  I am periodically briefed and sign a statement of understanding that if I do mishandle classified information and cause a leak, I lose my job, face a $10,000 fine, and am subject to five years in prison.)
- It is acknowledge by HC that she never used the Dept of State e-mail system.  Consider, as SoS, is it conceivable that she could serve four years and never receive classified information in any e-mail messages?
- She may get a pass from Federal prosecution due to a friendly DoJ, but she'll get hammered in House and Senate hearings.

Perhaps Republicans would be wiser to let things take time, let her win the nomination, then hammer her in the campaign.  

Check out this article for more insight about unintentional leaks of classified information by government employees:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ex-spy-on-clinton-you-and-i-would-get-fired-jailed/article/2570291
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2015, 03:52:58 PM »

This is silly season.  Nothing illegal or against State Department protocol has been found.  Nothing.  People keep getting pre-upset about hypothetical things she could have done.  Remember, being accused of something is not tantamount to being guilty. 

She obviously should have used a .gov email.  But, this is small issue in the scheme of things.  No other candidate would get this insane scrutiny about their email.  This is a no-harm no-foul situation.  Find some harm, and you can criticize her. 
Why did she do it to begin with? Did she not think there was a reason she was being issued a .gov email? When your employer gives you a company email address, do you use your personal email account to tend to work-related matters?

Dick #$%@ing Cheney didn't even resort to this sort of skullduggery.
Hey! In her defense, I'm sure a ton of other people have done this for the same reason: convenience.

No, seriously. I've heard Democrats claim it was "probably" widespread in the skilled and efficient George W. Bush administration. That said, I feel a little sorry for Obama, but he did hire his opponent and think it was a wise thing to do.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2015, 03:54:19 PM »

As much as I would like to see that happen, she won't.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2015, 03:55:56 PM »

No.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2015, 04:00:13 PM »

Former FL Speaker of the House Marco Rubio and former FL Governor Jeb Bush taking thousands of dollars in donations from Corinthian Colleges to deregulate the Florida state education industry and accredit Everest University, which defrauded the federal government of $2.5 billion in student loan money on worthless degrees is a bigger scandal than Hillary sending an email to someone with a private address. But then again, I consider scandals to be about corruption, fraud, and people's lives being destroyed not at worst victimless crimes.

Of course, I wouldn't want either to end their Presidential campaigns over such behavior. They'd be perfectly welcome to continue running from their jail cells.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2015, 04:16:45 PM »

She hasn't even started campaigning yet.

And? She broke federal law.

Says who? The voices in your head are not a valid source.

Pretty sure mishandling classified information is a federal offense.

Do you have any actual proof? And no, internet conspiracy theories doesn't count.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2015, 04:20:54 PM »

She hasn't even started campaigning yet.

And? She broke federal law.

Says who? The voices in your head are not a valid source.

Pretty sure mishandling classified information is a federal offense.

Do you have any actual proof? And no, internet conspiracy theories doesn't count.

This kid is like 14 and speaks in hyperbole. Do you expect any substance?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2015, 05:56:36 PM »

No, I don't think so. We don't know if the email situation will be catastrophic enough for her to drop out of the race. If that happens,  then all hell will break loose in the Democratic Party.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2015, 07:15:20 PM »

No, but I think her record shows that she is a corrupt politician, and as it has been mentioned before, I don't think it would be a terrible idea for Democrats to let the Republicans win this one, as they would probably govern way too far for the right, setting Democrats up for full control for most of the 2020s. As it stands now, a Clinton presidency could lead to huge GOP majorities in the Congress and someone like Ted Cruz as President in 2021.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2015, 07:28:48 PM »

When Hillary hires me as her lawyer, and sits on my couch, and tells me everything she knows, I would be better able to advise her on that. But until then, it's hard to know what she knows, until third parties (FBI, CIA, DOJ, Gowdy in the House, etc.) find that out forensically. Then we all can advise her with more confidence.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2015, 07:51:57 PM »

No, but I think her record shows that she is a corrupt politician, and as it has been mentioned before, I don't think it would be a terrible idea for Democrats to let the Republicans win this one, as they would probably govern way too far for the right, setting Democrats up for full control for most of the 2020s. As it stands now, a Clinton presidency could lead to huge GOP majorities in the Congress and someone like Ted Cruz as President in 2021.

Name one proven case of corruption or borderline corruption involving Hillary Clinton.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2015, 08:11:41 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2015, 08:13:28 PM by Torie »

Name one proven case of corruption or borderline corruption involving Hillary Clinton.

There is a fair amount that does not pass the smell test (e.g. cattle futures), but no, nothing was "proven" in a court of law. On some matters, we still don't know exactly what she knew, and when she knew it, and what she did when she did know (e.g. Benghazi, that word that now gives so many heartburn). But all that is small beer now relatively speaking. Whether this email puppy turns into a boiler maker, depends on facts now unknown, but on this one, so many wheels are moving, pushed by so many power sources, that the odds are much higher that the facts will become known.

Someday maybe she will sit down for a non soft ball interview, and actually answer questions about it, and not say none of your business, ala her views on the Keystone Pipeline (you need to elect me to find out channeling Nancy Pelosi). She is a bit like Donald Trump - both play by different rules from the rest of the nebbishes out there. Often they are the ones making the rules. They're just so special.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2015, 08:21:22 PM »

There is a fair amount that does not pass the smell test (e.g. cattle futures), but no, nothing was "proven" in a court of law. On some matters, we still don't know exactly what she knew, and when she knew it, and what she did when she did know (e.g. Benghazi, that word that now gives so many heartburn). But all that is small beer now relatively speaking. Whether this email puppy turns into a boiler maker, depends on facts now unknown, but on this one, so many wheels are moving, pushed by so many power sources, that the odds are much higher that the facts will become known.

Someday maybe she will sit down for a non soft ball interview, and actually answer questions about it, and not say none of your business, ala her views on the Keystone Pipeline (you need to elect me to find out channeling Nancy Pelosi). She is a bit like Donald Trump - both play by different rules from the rest of the nebbishes out there. Often they are the ones making the rules. They're just so special.

Hillary Clinton traded commodities futures.  Ergo, she's corrupt!!!  What?

Benghazi...  What?

So, nothing then?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies