Mideast Record-Courier Polls: Presidential Approval
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:25:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Record-Courier Polls: Presidential Approval
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you approve or disapprove of President Bore's handling of his office?
Strongly Approve

Approve

Neutral

Disapprove

Strongly Disapprove

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Mideast Record-Courier Polls: Presidential Approval  (Read 1388 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 16, 2015, 09:32:53 PM »

This poll is for all registered voters and will run for three days.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 09:43:47 PM »

Strongly disapprove is the only answer.

Look, I personally like Bore, I respect him and I know the times have been tough for the past couple of months, but that doesn't excuse the fact that there is zero leadership and very little activity from the White House, which has drove insanely good (both capable and active) officeholders like Kalwejt and Dkrolga away from government.

Perhaps it's out of place for me to say it considering I had my flaws as President, but let's face it, there is absolutely no way the current administration can be considered succesful in any way, despite the best efforts by some brilliant cabinet picks who often left cabinet in protest.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 10:54:48 PM »

It's been a failure, especially his second and current term. DKrol, the GM, just resigned out of protest.

Atlasia is going through very troubling times, we need leadership that can bring us out of it. That can restore Atlasia to what it can be. Bore has little interest in doing that. I've said before that we need our own Abraham Lincoln; well, with all do respect to the President, I'm afraid he's our James Buchanan.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 04:53:13 AM »

Bore is managing the death of the nation with dignity and courage, and  has bravely proposed an unpopular but sensible plan to revive the game. Strongly approve. His critics are dwarfs.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 05:28:17 AM »
« Edited: August 17, 2015, 05:31:07 AM by Speaker Cris »

I think that there is a reason behind the resignation of all the remaining Cabinet members.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 05:35:33 AM »

Strongly disapprove. If you're president you should either lead or leave.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 08:26:15 AM »

More than 2/3rds of people dissaprove. That's shocking for a President who won reelection fairly easily.

The last quarter of the Bore administration will decide what kind of legacy he has: a successful two-term president who did what he could in a time of crisis, or a president who was inactive when his activity was needed the most. Stay tuned!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 08:31:32 AM »

More than 2/3rds of people dissaprove. That's shocking for a President who won reelection fairly easily.

The last quarter of the Bore administration will decide what kind of legacy he has: a successful two-term president who did what he could in a time of crisis, or a president who was inactive when his activity was needed the most. Stay tuned!

This is because only a right-wing rump remains.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 09:48:31 AM »

Approve.

He's facing an impossible situation, literally impossible. What's he supposed to do? He's got far more patience than what I have. Right wing malcontents who say he's not leading couldn't lead the way out of a wet paper bag, so whatever. Bore is doing what he can with next to nothing.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 02:09:39 PM »

Approve.

He's facing an impossible situation, literally impossible. What's he supposed to do? He's got far more patience than what I have. Right wing malcontents who say he's not leading couldn't lead the way out of a wet paper bag, so whatever. Bore is doing what he can with next to nothing.
I wouldn't say Kalwejt and Windjammer are "right-wing malcontents", but they've criticized Bore's handling of the crisis too.

Look, I'm a self-described progressive; I voted for Bore twice, spoke strongly on his behalf when others in my party were deserting him in February, and consider his first term to have been a great success. That said, I feel like he's been invisible of late, at that is very troubling in times like these. I can't speak for what's been going on within the administration, and I certainly won't blame him for the current situation, but I do think he should be doing more. Even some bland patriotic blather - "rally 'round the flag", "Atlasia's best days are before us", etc. - would be better than the radio silence we've had recently.

I was only here for the second half of Lumine's Administration, but I think it's fair to say that he was a superb communicator. Keeping the public up-to-date with the goings-on in Nyman is extremely important, and one of the main distinguishers between an average presidency and a great one. The foremost leaders of the Old Union - Clay, Lincoln, the Roosevelts - were the ones who went back to their constituents and said, 'these are the problems I'm trying to fix, here's why they're important, and this is what I'm doing to fix them'. It might seem superficial, and it's certainly no substitute to good policy, but keeping in touch with the people could do a lot to keep the game going.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 04:25:16 PM »

He's pathetic. Please resign.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 04:28:06 PM »

Strongly disapprove. If you're president you should either lead or leave.
Well said,old friend!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 04:35:13 PM »

I wouldn't say Kalwejt and Windjammer are "right-wing malcontents", but they've criticized Bore's handling of the crisis too.

Understood. I didn't have them in mind when I made the comment. I had in mind the two a few posts above who show up on cue with grating, predictable chatter about someone not allied to them. If you take initiative you're wrong, if you don't you're wrong. Ah well.

It very much is, and this is really the point, I think. At any rate, right now I don't think a five thousand word speech about the fact that Atlasia has gone over the hill would accomplish anything. It would only be "words, words, words." But some are good at that, as well as BSing and appearing modest when they're anything but.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2015, 05:23:18 PM »

It very much is, and this is really the point, I think. At any rate, right now I don't think a five thousand word speech about the fact that Atlasia has gone over the hill would accomplish anything. It would only be "words, words, words." But some are good at that, as well as BSing and appearing modest when they're anything but.

I don't expect a 5,000 word speech, nor do I believe that we can BS our way through the current crisis. To say that words count for nothing, however, or that communicating with the public doesn't matter, is simply not true. The power of the president to effect policy stems in large part from his ability to use his office as a "bully pulpit" to influence public opinion. Sometimes this is superficial, but other times (like when you're trying to get signatures for a Constitutional Convention, for instance) the president's ability to spur the masses to action is indispensable. Men like Griffin, Windjammer, and Cris have been publicly campaigning for a Constitutional Convention for weeks, with the result that we are four signatures away from this actually happening. I do wonder if we might not have reached this point earlier if the President had stepped forward and taken the helm of the reform movement.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2015, 05:38:01 PM »

I'm going to have to agree with Truman here, and it should be noted Bore did use the Presidency to good effect in his first term when it came to his push for electoral reform, which many of us where more than happy to support. During these times we would not have that sort of silence from, say, Duke or Polnut.

Regarding DemPGH, and despite the success he has found in a couple new positions he still seems to believe his 90% disapproval rating was a result of everybody else being a bitter right wing hack out to sabotage him, so there is not much to be said there.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 05:40:49 PM »

I'm going to have to agree with Truman here, and it should be noted Bore did use the Presidency to good effect in his first term when it came to his push for electoral reform, which many of us where more than happy to support. During these times we would not have that sort of silence from, say, Duke or Polnut.

Regarding DemPGH, and despite the success he has found in a couple new positions he still seems to believe his 90% disapproval rating was a result of everybody else being a bitter right wing hack out to sabotage him, so there is not much to be said there.

I was a big a critic of DemPGH's tenure as anyone but he's absolutely correct here. People are using bore as a convenient scapegoat for the far more serious structural problems that are killing this game. It's pathetic.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2015, 05:44:33 PM »

I was a big a critic of DemPGH's tenure as anyone but he's absolutely correct here. People are using bore as a convenient scapegoat for the far more serious structural problems that are killing this game. It's pathetic.

For the record, I'm not blaming Bore for Atlasia's problems (which are obviously beyond his control), I'm saying he could be doing more to rally public support for reform.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2015, 01:22:38 AM »

People are using bore as a convenient scapegoat for the far more serious structural problems that are killing this game. It's pathetic.

Is anyone really doing that? I'm not. I basically agree with what Truman said. This is a time when active and public leadership can really help, and while I'm not sure what he's been doing behind the scenes, he hasn't been an active and public leader.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2015, 04:33:46 AM »

I'm sorry, but to say "there's nothing he could've done" is simply not true. The Senate is working fine, at least two of our region are working fine. The drive for a Con-Con is continuing. As SoEA I've had to handle two major crises (India-Pakistan, RoN attacks) totally on my own simply because bore wasn't there.

Nobody is blaming bore for "breaking Atlasia". Our problems are much deeper, but when the President basically abdicated, while remaining in office, doesn't help to solve anything.

As I've said before, if you don't plan on doing anything, you should resign, so somebody else can have a shot. Otherwise, you're being an asshole toward everyone who wants to play, and despite malcontents' constant whining, there are many people who didn't give up.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2015, 04:59:19 AM »

Help me here, I can't keep track, is Kal a "right-wing malcontent" or a "dwarf"? Roll Eyes
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2015, 06:49:08 AM »

If the game is to die, as you said, what is there to do? Some people don't want a "managed decline".
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2015, 07:30:51 AM »

Help me here, I can't keep track, is Kal a "right-wing malcontent" or a "dwarf"? Roll Eyes

Well, from Jeff Goldblum's PoV I'm certainly a dwarf, and from Mao's I'm definitively a "right-wing malcontent".
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2015, 06:37:56 PM »

The problem is that the federal government has just given up. There has been no effort from all I have seen to try to fix the issue or at least try to spur activity doing something. Instead, our leaders have just said "Atlasia needs to die" and then go inactive. That's the lazy way out and frankly the irresponsible way out.

The truth is, Atlasia isn't going to die. Sure, it's in awful shape, but there is still a market to play this game, albeit a small one, and as long as that exists, it will exist. So, what do we do? We reform this game. We change how we play it. We make it interesting again. We don't give up and say it's dead and walk away, especially when you were elected by The People to run things. What kind of leader does that? I mean, come on.

Atlasia isn't beyond saving, and I won't really understand why some people insist it just dies. If you don't want to play, then don't play, but so long as people keep playing, it will survive.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies