MAKE ATLASIA GREAT AGAIN!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:57:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: MAKE ATLASIA GREAT AGAIN!  (Read 1367 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 17, 2015, 10:30:18 AM »
« edited: August 17, 2015, 10:37:54 AM by clarence »

For those of you who do not know me- I am clarence,formerly a Senator and Presidential nominee. I was chairman of two political parties and I have been around the block here....

My advice to each of you is to CHILL OUT...... since I was a part of this board years ago,there has been talk that "Atlasia" is at it's end and the game is over. That was not true then- and it is not true now. When we have had people in the past spouting these lines,we saw a surge in activity that was enough to save the game..... THAT IS WHAT WE NEED HERE!!!

I want to see each of you STOP with the rhetoric that this game is dead or dying... I want to see each of you START doing what you can to be active in your roles, recruit other members to join the game- new people or people who have been in it before- and THEN we will see a resurgence!

In the words of Donald Trump, it is time to....

CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 10:37:03 AM »

Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 10:38:02 AM »

Please support a ConCon!!!
Beacuse with a ConCon we can actually Make Atlasia Great Again
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 10:39:19 AM »

Is that a Constitutional Convention?? If so- I do support it,because we need to have the conversation about how to rework Atlasia to make it great again..... that may mean fewer positions or just a different organization...but we MUST have this discussion!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 10:40:23 AM »

Is that a Constitutional Convention?? If so- I do support it,because we need to have the conversation about how to rework Atlasia to make it great again..... that may mean fewer positions or just a different organization...but we MUST have this discussion!
Yes please sign the petition and vote for one in your region with the new Constitutional Admendment that passed the senate.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 10:42:36 AM »

Yes please sign the petition and vote for one in your region with the new Constitutional Admendment that passed the senate.
I have signed the petition.....
When my region sets up a voting booth, I will vote in favor of it.....

Let's do this-
clarence
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 11:32:15 AM »

Clarence, you're the best!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 12:09:19 PM »

Thanks pal...... right back 'atcha
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 02:22:47 PM »

Friends-
We need to Make Atlasia Great Again....
Those of you who are around now are the pioneers who will make this a wonderful place to be yet again- it will only take time. Let us commit ourselves to NOT giving up!
clarence
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 02:36:28 PM »

Upon approval of a Vice President,I call on the President to resign.... we cannot have a President who is not active, and we cannot hav e a President who has lost the confidence of the people of Atlasia. This must is clear.....read the poll numbers and see how poorly Bore does-

He is proving to be quite a Bore!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 02:41:27 PM »

Upon approval of a Vice President,I call on the President to resign.... we cannot have a President who is not active, and we cannot hav e a President who has lost the confidence of the people of Atlasia. This must is clear.....read the poll numbers and see how poorly Bore does-

He is proving to be quite a Bore!
I agree!!!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 04:32:05 PM »

I am in favor of a SYSTEM RESET......
Let's take Atlasia back to square one... right now, there is too much confusion over what has been done in this game and what has not been done. We need to push the reset button, consolidate the regions, have a constitutional convention,and get ourselves back on track....
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 11:54:04 PM »

Good to see you back Clarence. Thanks for the support for a ConCon.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 01:26:41 AM »

Excellent! I'm a bit skeptical of a reset, but I agree with most of what you said. It's good to have an experienced Atlasian taking an optimistic point of view and endorsing a Constitutional Convention.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2015, 09:07:38 AM »

JCL- thank you, good to be back....

Leinad- thank you.....I can see why you may be skeptical ofa  reset,but I believe the complaints about Atlasia being too cumbersome have to do with having quite so many laws and institutions- it is best I believe we start from square one. I propose we have a constitutional convention....the chair of that convention serves as Interim President and appoints a RG and a Game Moderator... then we have new elections for President and the Senate and take it from there
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2015, 10:27:37 AM »

I'd like to question why there has NOT been a voting booth opened for the South for a constitutional convention.....
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2015, 10:41:41 AM »

I'd like to question why there has NOT been a voting booth opened for the South for a constitutional convention.....

Oh, the South changed the process for constitutional amendments a while ago, they are voted by the assembly now.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2015, 11:03:18 AM »

Oh, the South changed the process for constitutional amendments a while ago, they are voted by the assembly now.
Thank you Lumine..... been away for some time,appreciate the update
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2015, 07:45:55 PM »

Grin
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2015, 03:41:26 AM »

Its actually not a vote on opening a convention but on an amendment to allow the Senate to call one when petition drive falls short (Which looks likely three weeks ago when it was introduced). It also makes some changes regarding the Senate's passage of rules and guidelines as well, to ensure the Senate cannot refuse to pass them.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2015, 04:19:11 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2015, 04:22:51 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

JCL- thank you, good to be back....

Leinad- thank you.....I can see why you may be skeptical ofa  reset,but I believe the complaints about Atlasia being too cumbersome have to do with having quite so many laws and institutions- it is best I believe we start from square one. I propose we have a constitutional convention....the chair of that convention serves as Interim President and appoints a RG and a Game Moderator... then we have new elections for President and the Senate and take it from there

A convention would not need to fear the present status quo getting in the way of any number of reforms, be in consolidation, legislative reset or changes to those institutions. A convention could rewrite the entire structure within its own rules and once ratified, those would take effect obviously.

I think the analogue though would be the American Constitutional Convention. Which rewrote the constitution in its entirety, but until ratification the old Articles of Confederation and its government remained largely in place. Granted they did fudged a little on the ratification reqs but that was moot point once Rhode Island became the 13th state to do so.

However, shutting down the government, dissolving the present constitution and putting all authority in the hands of a convention President, which could theoretically dissolve itself at any point leaving no convention, nor process to start a new one that anyone would be obligated to respect it by law, looks a lot like France and its Revolution.

Last month we had a number of rogue administration officials violating the law, engaging in politically and personally motivated witch hunt trials and so forth. All of which the Senate reigned in thankfully because a process was set in motion by the system. A convention President would not have the same accountability. If bore became Robespierre, we could impeach him now. If a Convention President did under such a proposal, well its the national razor.  Tongue

I think we should preserve the present gov't until a constitution or series of amendments are ratified to change it. That way we can preserve the stability necessary to actually form and pass the best reform proposals in a calm and respectful manner and not invite a repeat of the horror of anarchical abyss like we saw last month, only this time without any means to stop it, no Army to ensure domestical tranquility, no Senate to reign in executive excess, and no way to command legitimacy for reforms passed.

We do need reform. To do that we need a convention, a reduction in offices and a legislative reset, even with agree not on the process to get there I think we do agree on most of what needs to happen. Smiley
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2015, 10:49:59 PM »

Everyone........ get off your ass and VOTE!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2015, 10:51:17 PM »

IN an hour and ten minutes. Tongue

Lets not have any more people jump the gun tonight. Wink
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2015, 10:53:55 PM »

Great point, OP.

I just moved the Con-Con amendment to a vote in the Southern Legislature:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=217640.0

Hopefully Leinad and Spiral will vote for it and then the change can proceed! Cheesy
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2015, 10:39:06 PM »

I will be making a special announcement this week....
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies