Are you a Christian, Muslim, Jewish, or Atheist? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:42:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Are you a Christian, Muslim, Jewish, or Atheist? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Religious affiliation
Christian

Muslim

Jewish

Atheist

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 102

Author Topic: Are you a Christian, Muslim, Jewish, or Atheist?  (Read 7692 times)
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« on: August 18, 2015, 10:34:45 AM »

I am a fundamentalist Christian.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 07:24:22 PM »

Serious question. How do you define "fundamentalist"?

A fundamentalist believes that the Bible is the perfect, inerrant and literally true Word of God.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 07:41:30 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2015, 07:45:56 PM by Thomas from NJ »

Serious question. How do you define "fundamentalist"?

A fundamentalist believes that the Bible is the perfect, inerrant and literally true Word of God.
Do you believe that everything that happened in the Bible literally happened?

Yes.

The Bible tells us when something is meant to be taken as allegory.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-literal.html
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 07:55:16 PM »

I am curious, if it isn't too personal, and if you haven't done so on this forum yet about your personal religious experience. How you became a Christian. For example, did it happen over time or did you have some kind of experience that converted you. Not important if it too personal, but people's stories interest me.

I suppose it happened over time. I have thought of myself as a Christian for a long time. I have gradually grown more devout over the years.

I'm still in the process of growing in my faith. There are still changes I need to make in my life. I strive to serve and please God, and I need to try harder in my efforts to do that.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 08:12:03 PM »

I am curious, if it isn't too personal, and if you haven't done so on this forum yet about your personal religious experience. How you became a Christian. For example, did it happen over time or did you have some kind of experience that converted you. Not important if it too personal, but people's stories interest me.

I suppose it happened over time. I have thought of myself as a Christian for a long time. I have gradually grown more devout over the years.

I'm still in the process of growing in my faith. There are still changes I need to make in my life. I strive to serve and please God, and I need to try harder in my efforts to do that.

Out of curiosity, how do you interpret John 10:16, the whole "I have other sheep not of this fold" verse? Obviously my church (I am LDS) interprets it to partially mean the people described in the Book of Mormon, but of course for churches and people who don't believe in the Book of Mormon, that's a non-starter argument. So what's your view on that verse?

It's referring to the sheep outside of Israel, or Gentiles.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 02:31:40 PM »

Truth is truth, yesterday, today, and forever.  Jesus Christ is still Lord of all, and he WILL come back to judge the living and the dead in righteousness.  Those who will not repent will perish, unfortunately.

Well said. The truth is the truth, whether modern society wants to hear it or not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies