Why are white voters so Republican? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:14:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why are white voters so Republican? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are white voters so Republican?  (Read 2546 times)
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« on: August 18, 2015, 12:28:28 PM »

Does the South skew the percentage, or are whites pretty damn Republican?

The South skews it. Outside the South, most whites are Democratic.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 03:48:59 PM »

Even outside the Northeast, there are certain white rural areas that are Democratic. For instance, the WI/IA border, the area around Tell City IN, or Elliott County KY, or maybe some counties southwest of St. Louis to an extent. I remember we had a thread about this a while ago, and I think someone (maybe it was me) said talk radio signals are very weak in those areas. These areas get radio from nearby cities, but the signals from the right-wing talk stations in the cities just don't happen to reach those areas.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 04:01:22 PM »

Even outside the Northeast, there are certain white rural areas that are Democratic. For instance, the WI/IA border, the area around Tell City IN, or Elliott County KY, or maybe some counties southwest of St. Louis to an extent. I remember we had a thread about this a while ago, and I think someone (maybe it was me) said talk radio signals are very weak in those areas. These areas get radio from nearby cities, but the signals from the right-wing talk stations in the cities just don't happen to reach those areas.

For this same reason, there's actually some precincts in East Texas where Obama got a slim majority or >40% of the white vote. They happen to be in those slivers of land where Houston and Metroplex radio signals don't reach.

Cable TV might be unavailable there too. I'm pretty sure there are some rural areas (even near where I live) where cable isn't available.

In my opinion, this is a case where people who don't listen to radio or TV are actually better informed than those who do!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies