Bernie Sanders Completely Rejects Open Borders
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:02:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bernie Sanders Completely Rejects Open Borders
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders Completely Rejects Open Borders  (Read 3523 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2015, 07:50:18 AM »

If it is the case, ag will not have been the first Mexican I have known driven to the brink of insanity by the level of discourse on immigration.

Yup. I too have lost much faith in humanity over this "issue".
Jacobtm

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2015, 05:25:14 PM »

I have gained a lot of faith in humanity because of this "issue".

Here I thought Americans (and Europeans!) were going to sit there quietly while millions of foreigners flooded over their borders and destroyed their cultures, bringing the host cultures down to the level of the countries that these people are fleeing.

And here the American (and European!) people are showing they have a bit of backbone left, and would, if you don't mind, like that their countries aren't overrun by 3rd world immigrants.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2015, 09:47:56 PM »

Here I thought Americans (and Europeans!) were going to sit there quietly while millions of foreigners flooded over their borders and destroyed their cultures, bringing the host cultures down to the level of the countries that these people are fleeing.

And here the American (and European!) people are showing they have a bit of backbone left, and would, if you don't mind, like that their countries aren't overrun by 3rd world immigrants.

Would you mind changing your name here to something other than Seinfeld?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2015, 09:50:25 PM »

Was just about to say.
Jacobtm

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2015, 02:59:30 PM »

No thanks. You might watch these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP769IdU_YE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsEr6xNN8Hw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXDHjwaUtPI

ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2015, 04:24:59 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2015, 04:28:15 PM by ag »

What does this have to do with political correctness? This is all about eradicating the old European tradition (so dear to you) of making lampshades of human skin.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2015, 06:59:08 PM »

WTF Bernie WTF
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2015, 11:58:00 AM »

Bernie wants a welfare state. You can't have a welfare state and open borders, that's why no European welfare state has open borders. How could you possibly afford to offer healthcare and welfare to every person in the world on demand?
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2015, 02:06:16 PM »

Either Bernie is more genuinely moderate than I thought or he is trying to become more appealing in the general election.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2015, 02:26:41 PM »

Either Bernie is more genuinely moderate than I thought or he is trying to become more appealing in the general election.

...or he get the basic fact that expanding the supply of labour lowers the price of labour.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2015, 03:25:51 PM »

Is open borders a mainstream position now?
No, most people don't want open borders.  Sadly, we DO have open borders as a matter of fact.

Do you know how many people die on that "open" border? How many get maimed? Do you know how many families are separated for years because of that "open" border? Actually, probably you do: and enjoy it, enjoy the suffering of all those subhumans. And you claim to be a Jew?

The profound, fundamental immorality and inhumanity of so many people here really makes me despair. 

And, no, I am not calling for an "open border": whatever my personal preferences, I realize it is unacceptable to most people. It is the tone of this discussion that I find painful. Frankly, even reading some of these comments is a torture. 

The most ridiculous, serious political opinion I have ever read on this forum.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2015, 03:47:54 PM »

Well, it's not the second one. Sanders doesn't focus group test his views.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2015, 05:12:28 PM »

Sanders is a Euro style social democrat and he has euro style social democratic views on immigration.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2015, 08:25:52 AM »

No, most people don't want open borders.  Sadly, we DO have open borders as a matter of fact.

Do you know how many people die on that "open" border? How many get maimed? Do you know how many families are separated for years because of that "open" border? Actually, probably you do: and enjoy it, enjoy the suffering of all those subhumans. And you claim to be a Jew?

The profound, fundamental immorality and inhumanity of so many people here really makes me despair. 

And, no, I am not calling for an "open border": whatever my personal preferences, I realize it is unacceptable to most people. It is the tone of this discussion that I find painful. Frankly, even reading some of these comments is a torture. 

and he's a freaking mod (granted, not for anyplace important).
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2015, 08:43:11 AM »

Sanders is a Euro style social democrat and he has euro style social democratic views on immigration.
Actually, his views on immigration seem like the views of parties that attract voters who formerly voted for social democratic parties. "Euro social democratic views on immigration" are much more on the open-borders-side of the spectrum. By contrast, it is parties like the Sweden Democrats who, like Sanders, argue that one cannot have both open borders and a welfare state. Jimmie Åkesson, leader of the Sweden Democrats, said: "The election is a choice between mass immigration and welfare. You choose." That's basically what Bernie says as well. And he's probably right.

The hysterical village idiot of this forum shouldn't be taken too seriously Wink
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2015, 12:26:22 PM »

Thank you Smiley
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2015, 12:26:45 PM »

Thank you Smiley
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2015, 12:29:37 PM »

The hysterical village idiot of this forum shouldn't be taken too seriously Wink
[/quote]

You are quite right. I used to be quite recognizable on the streets of Greenwich Village in the 1990s precisely in the idiot capacity.

Нельзя молиться за царя Ирода. Богородица не велит.
Jacobtm

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2015, 07:31:52 PM »

What does this have to do with political correctness? This is all about eradicating the old European tradition (so dear to you) of making lampshades of human skin.

Deportation is not the holocaust. You're bonkers.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2015, 09:01:52 PM »

But Holocaust is the traditional European custom of the sort you are so fond of defending. Or am I being politically incorrect?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2015, 12:50:37 AM »

Not being let in the US was the holocaust for those on the MS St. Louis.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2015, 12:55:25 AM »

Open borders is a free market libertarian idea, so its not surprising that he opposes it.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2015, 05:11:20 AM »

But Holocaust is the traditional European custom of the sort you are so fond of defending. Or am I being politically incorrect?

Not really. Despite the long and unfortunate history of the persecution of Jews in Europe, the Holocaust really does stand alone in terms of its sheer scale and brutality (although I suppose you could argue that this was only due to the bureaucratic and technological capabilities available to Nazi Germany as opposed to earlier persecutors, but that's history, so we will never find out what might have happened).
Dirk
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -5.22

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2015, 07:47:04 PM »

I am a border hawk. However, if protectionists like Trump and Sanders had their way, there would be no Silicon Valley.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies