Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:29:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47
Author Topic: Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread  (Read 127421 times)
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: February 11, 2016, 02:16:29 PM »

I get it lefties, you don't want to be labeled as big bad Nazis, Nazis killed my great grandfather and great grandmother but it does not mean you should commit cultural genocide on your own people.
I agree with your point, but "cultural genocide" isn't an actual thing, and equating mass immigration with genocide is nonsensical.

I agree that genocide is a pretty strong word but at least here in Germany the left (mainstream, not radical) is pretty upfront about the fact that they see the eventual disappearance of German or even European culture and its replacement with something else as an objective, not some sad side effect let alone something to be averted.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1001 on: February 11, 2016, 02:34:07 PM »

Solid post, Palandio.

I agree that genocide is a pretty strong word but at least here in Germany the left (mainstream, not radical) is pretty upfront about the fact that they see the eventual disappearance of German or even European culture and its replacement with something else as an objective, not some sad side effect let alone something to be averted.

Still not genocide. Genocide refers to the physical extermination of a people. "Cultural genocide" isn't a thing and comparing, say, the Shoa or the Armenian genocide to the current unfortunate situation in Europe shows one does not have a sense of perspective and makes one look like a douche.

Btw, I know Gysi (whom I wouldn't consider mainstream left, but this might be debatable) said some stuff about this once, but I can hardly imagine the German mainstream left (= SPD people) talking about the replacement of European culture with Smiley intersectional multiculturalism Smiley as some sort of policy or cultural objective. Could you show me some examples for this?
Beezer

Political Matrix

« Reply #1002 on: February 11, 2016, 02:39:36 PM »

Well, this German regional MP from the Greens said that Germans no longer constituting majorities in Hamburg and other large German cities was a good thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-KaFRbdXMI

Omega21

« Reply #1003 on: February 11, 2016, 03:09:12 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2016, 03:14:06 PM by Omega21 »

Well, this German regional MP from the Greens said that Germans no longer constituting majorities in Hamburg and other large German cities was a good thing:

I can't stand watching this, if this isn't Extreme Left at it's finest then I don't know what is. This is comparable to the Afd calling for Weapon use against Migrants, it's just as extreme but in the other direction.

Well if you think about it it is a thing. Although I could have used a better term, your right about that.

If this continued for another 100 years Germans would literally be a minority, and that could happen much sooner too.

Germany is what it is because of the people that inhabit it, hard working, mostly educated and so on..

If you pump 1.5 million mostly uneducated people every year you will have huge side effects ranging from parallel societies to a huge imbalance in the Welfare system, because none of those 1.5 million people have ever paid a single Euro into the system.

Of course other side effects include: Security risks, huge low-skill workforce, Antisemitism and many many more. (You basically can't tell me that from those 1.5+ million there isn't al least a few hundred sleeper terrorists, and this isn't even the biggest problem.)

Could just please anyone tell me one positive effect of the Mass African/Middle-Eastern immigration coming to Germany, and that "Economy boost" stuff isn't a valid argument I'm afraid.

Handing out German tax payer's money to people is not an "Economic boost", and neither is the massive Goverment spending because of the Crysis.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1004 on: February 11, 2016, 03:19:28 PM »

Alright, that's cringeworthy. Wouldn't see Greens in the Netherlands say similar things, but I guess the post-WWII German left has always had this complex about German identity being something bad.

On Europe's future, well, I am glad there is a beautiful country I can go to, because I really think the ship is sinking and most people just don't seem to wake up from their dreamworld. It doesn't look good now and it will only go downhill from here. It is a true tragedy.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1005 on: February 11, 2016, 03:44:04 PM »

Alright, that's cringeworthy. Wouldn't see Greens in the Netherlands say similar things, but I guess the post-WWII German left has always had this complex about German identity being something bad.

On Europe's future, well, I am glad there is a beautiful country I can go to, because I really think the ship is sinking and most people just don't seem to wake up from their dreamworld. It doesn't look good now and it will only go downhill from here. It is a true tragedy.

Surprised you wouldn't see the Greens say this in the Netherlands. Or would they just not ADMIT it? Here in America, most young White leftists salivate at the thought of Whites becoming a minority. The Democratic Party, of course, would never ever say such a thing but it's going to be awkward in 10 to 15 years when the current crop of young people start becoming party and government officials.
Omega21

« Reply #1006 on: February 11, 2016, 04:26:19 PM »

Austria could maybe save itself because the FPO is really miles ahead of the SPO and OVP in polls. It's like 34% Fpo and something like 24% SPO if I remember correctly..

The FPO would certainly deport any Criminal migrants and close the borders and slash the Welfare beenfits for any Refugees, but not sure about how the goverment would do in other sectors such as the Economy and so on...

Still, I would rather see a few years of Slow growth than total Cultural "enrichment".
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1007 on: February 11, 2016, 09:13:11 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2016, 09:29:02 PM by DavidB. »

Surprised you wouldn't see the Greens say this in the Netherlands. Or would they just not ADMIT it? Here in America, most young White leftists salivate at the thought of Whites becoming a minority. The Democratic Party, of course, would never ever say such a thing but it's going to be awkward in 10 to 15 years when the current crop of young people start becoming party and government officials.
They wouldn't necessarily find it something bad if ethnic Dutch were to become a minority, but you won't hear them talking about it and I would, indeed, be very surprised if an elected official from GroenLinks would say something like this. I suspect most people in GroenLinks think this will never happen and find it xenophobic to articulate the idea that it could actually happen.

Of course that's different in the US, but there's a huge difference between the US and Europe in this regard: European states are nation-states based on ethnicity. Compared to most other European states it's also different in Germany because many leftist Germans think, for historical reasons, that the idea of an ethnically homogeneous German nation is something inherently problematic.

GroenLinks leader Jesse Klaver, however, did come up with a remarkable statement on the migrant crisis today. On taking in more migrants, he decided to try and echo Merkel's "Wir schaffen das" by saying "Wij kunnen dit aan, absoluut" ("We could manage this, absolutely").
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1008 on: February 12, 2016, 10:38:11 AM »

I have received several reports about this thread, so I am keeping a close eye on it. Any kind of casual racism will not be tolerated.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1009 on: February 13, 2016, 10:14:07 AM »
« Edited: February 13, 2016, 10:16:03 AM by DavidB. »

LOL at the Dutch media. Today, a demonstration by Pegida took place: people protested against a new asylum seeker center in Enschede. I don't think highly of Pegida in the Netherlands, since it is a magnet for loonies, so when several newspapers reported that a banner with a swastika had been confiscated by the police, I was not really surprised, because I would not have put this past them in the first place.

Turns out this banner "with a swastika" was not an ordinary nazi symbol, but the organization's logo, where a nazi flag, together with other symbols of hate, is thrown into a trash can. To solely report that people had banners with "nazi symbols" is therefore, erm... incredibly misleading.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1010 on: February 14, 2016, 04:59:53 AM »

H.C. Strache (FPÖ) visited Frauke Petry (AfD) yesterday and they called for a "repatriation culture" instead of Merkel/Faymann's "welcome culture".

http://kurier.at/politik/inland/strache-auf-afd-exkursion-wir-beschnuppern-uns/180.855.051
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1011 on: February 14, 2016, 07:47:56 AM »

Surprised Petry would meet him publicly.
Beezer

Political Matrix

« Reply #1012 on: February 14, 2016, 08:13:55 AM »

Fascinating. It feels like we are in the midst of a "normalization" of the German party system, ie people no longer care about being branded right-wing cause they are completely sick and tired of what's going on.

BTW, Austria's supposed to reach its migrant cap pretty soon. Then what?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1013 on: February 14, 2016, 08:47:21 AM »

H.C. Strache (FPÖ) visited Frauke Petry (AfD) yesterday and they called for a "repatriation culture" instead of Merkel/Faymann's "welcome culture".

http://kurier.at/politik/inland/strache-auf-afd-exkursion-wir-beschnuppern-uns/180.855.051

Anschluss?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1014 on: February 14, 2016, 09:35:26 AM »

PETRY's going to Make Germany Great Again.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1015 on: February 14, 2016, 12:15:09 PM »

Fascinating. It feels like we are in the midst of a "normalization" of the German party system, ie people no longer care about being branded right-wing cause they are completely sick and tired of what's going on.

No, in May.

There's a cap of 37.500 for the year 2016.

There were 7.000 asylum applications in Austria in January, which means the cap should be reached in May if current trends continue.

"Then what ?"

We'll see. I guess SPÖVP will be "flexible" enough to still let all others in if they see the hordes shoring up at the Slovenian border in the 10.000s, after authorities tell them "Du kommst hier net rein !" because the cap has been reached. Then they file for asylum, stay here for a few months, collect welfare and some of them might be deported. The rest remains and asylum applications will still hit 100.000 this year, despite a "cap".
Omega21

« Reply #1016 on: February 16, 2016, 03:19:11 PM »

No, in May.

There's a cap of 37.500 for the year 2016.

There were 7.000 asylum applications in Austria in January, which means the cap should be reached in May if current trends continue.

"Then what ?"

We'll see. I guess SPÖVP will be "flexible" enough to still let all others in if they see the hordes shoring up at the Slovenian border in the 10.000s, after authorities tell them "Du kommst hier net rein !" because the cap has been reached. Then they file for asylum, stay here for a few months, collect welfare and some of them might be deported. The rest remains and asylum applications will still hit 100.000 this year, despite a "cap".

Just hire Orban, he will solve it for you...
rob in cal
« Reply #1017 on: February 16, 2016, 05:16:42 PM »

I like the idea of a "repatriation culture" theme entering into political discourse in Europe.  I'd love to see recruitment bonuses for a migrant who recruits a certain amount of fellow migrants to leave Europe with him, plus the idea of a three (or four or ten or whatever) to one ratio in which a wealthy country like Germany offers to spend that much more money in middle eastern camps for every migrant that leaves Germany (i.e. if they would have spent 10k euros a year on one migrant in Germany, now Germany would commit to spending 3 or 4 times that much per returning migrant in humanitarian aid in front-line states with refugee camps.)  Call it the stay in your home region bonus.  As Merkel would say, Germany could schaffen das.
Omega21

« Reply #1018 on: February 16, 2016, 05:43:23 PM »

Guess this is relevant:

Editor for the ZDF and Ex Talk show host Wolfgang Helles admits that they were stictly instructed on how to report about Asylum seeker's or how not to report on them at all.

Not that we didn't know this already, but still.

It is of course in German..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9WDLGk16vY
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1019 on: February 19, 2016, 07:12:33 AM »

The "80 asylum seekers per day"-cap came into force today at the southern border to Slovenia.

So, Faymann & Co. started to do something right for once and the SPÖVP government gets already trashed by the [meaningless, incompetent, dysfunctional and out-of-touch] EU elites such as Juncker or that Greek guy:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35609823

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Omega21

« Reply #1020 on: February 19, 2016, 12:24:39 PM »

The "80 asylum seekers per day"-cap came into force today at the southern border to Slovenia.

So, Faymann & Co. started to do something right for once and the SPÖVP government gets already trashed by the [meaningless, incompetent, dysfunctional and out-of-touch] EU elites such as Juncker or that Greek guy:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35609823

I mean I get the Greek Prime minister as you guess what would happen to greece if Macedonia closed it's borders, literally tens if not hundreds of thousands stuck in Greece which is already torn up by it's Debt..

But calling this Cap illegal is absurd, Slovenia is a safe country as is all of Europe, and only refugees coming from a War torn country are required to be accepted..

Also saw a post saying "Leaving small children behind fences in the cold is inhuman and should not be the European way", meanwhile 70% of migrants are Men...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1021 on: February 19, 2016, 01:59:30 PM »

Another silly Merkel comment:

"We do not like the daily border cap (=80 asylum seekers) imposed recently by Austria."

... which is strange, because this is exactly what the German authorities are doing for months at the Bavarian border to Salzburg and Upper Austria. They are letting through 50-100 people per hour and if their "cap" has been reached, they let the asylum seekers wait for another day on the Austrian side of the border (or, if they crossed already into Germany and they turned out to be economic migrants, they are turned back to Austrian authorities).
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1022 on: February 21, 2016, 04:38:32 PM »

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/02/20/young-boy-repeatedly-raped-after-he-was-billeted-with-older-migrant-males/

I found this story to be interesting not because it was a general horror history, but because it show another more general problem. When we ignore that adults masquerades as child refugees, we end up endangering real children who are placed in the same institutions as adults. 
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1023 on: February 21, 2016, 06:10:13 PM »

ok
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #1024 on: February 23, 2016, 06:53:38 AM »
« Edited: February 23, 2016, 07:04:17 AM by Pingvin »

http://nieuws.vtm.be/binnenland/179226-16-jarige-asielzoeker-verkracht-vrouw-opvangcentrum

In Belgium, a 16-year old "refugee" raped a woman shortly after a "How should I treat women?" lesson.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies