Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:45:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 47
Author Topic: Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread  (Read 127250 times)
palandio

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2015, 02:39:48 PM »

In the German city of Tübingen, the Green mayor Boris Palmer, threatens to confiscate [unused] private property to forcefully house asylum seekers and/or illegals ...

FF

No, that's not an FF move. That is a violation of basic property rights, which is at the core of any liberal understanding of liberty.

"Property rights" are among the most unimportant rights there is, and certainly rank waaaay below the fundamental right to housing.

It will certainly cause a major backlash.

Not even sure how it would be possibly for a Mayor to do such a thing. What is the legal basis for this?
There's another perspective on this (unrealistic) measure: Tübingen is a university town, therefore it has a high quota of renters. And since the university has grown fast in the last years, it has become quite difficult to find appartments or rooms to rent. Tübingen will have to accomodate the asylum seekers anyways, so this is not so much about confiscations to help asylum seekers, but about confiscations in a stressed housing market in general.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2015, 02:50:07 PM »

In the German city of Tübingen, the Green mayor Boris Palmer, threatens to confiscate [unused] private property to forcefully house asylum seekers and/or illegals ...

FF

No, that's not an FF move. That is a violation of basic property rights, which is at the core of any liberal understanding of liberty.

"Property rights" are among the most unimportant rights there is, and certainly rank waaaay below the fundamental right to housing.
Without property rights, then no one who has a house is secure in their right to housing. That said, using eminent domain to acquire otherwise vacant housing stock doesn't strike me as unreasonable assuming that fair market value is paid for it.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2015, 06:49:39 PM »

It seems every refugee-related thread goes its own way (I myself, of course, am substantially to blaim). In the other one we went into Yiddish immitations, here it is property rights and eminent domain. Nobody really cares about the refugees, I am afraid.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2015, 09:55:04 AM »

Despite all the negative news about the asylum crisis here (80.000 people coming in) and the massive incompetence/neglect of the SPÖVP government, I should also point out that there have been no serious violent acts so far in the country against asylum seeker or their centers/homes.

In other countries, like Germany etc., asylum centers and homes are already burning down to the ground ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2015, 01:22:19 PM »

Massive riots near Dresden:

Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'

Up to 1,000 protesters have clashed with police in eastern Germany in riots reportedly sparked by the arrival of 250 migrants.

Police said protesters shouting "foreigners out" and carrying banners against the "asylum flood" threw bottles and stones at busloads of asylum seekers arriving in Heidenau, near Dresden.

At least 31 officers were hurt in violent scuffles as police used tear gas to disperse crowds.

Peaceful demonstrations began after news spread that the town was welcoming a large number of refugees who are set to be housed in an empty building.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/dresden-riots-protesters-in-germany-attack-refugee-buses-shouting-foreigners-out-10467287.html
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2015, 01:32:49 PM »

In other countries, like Germany etc., asylum centers and homes are already burning down to the ground ...

What?

There have been a number of arson attacks around Germany recently, in which proposed asylum seeker homes have been destroyed - prior to the asylum seekers arriving there.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2015, 01:39:34 PM »

What?

There have been a number of arson attacks around Germany recently, in which proposed asylum seeker homes have been destroyed - prior to the asylum seekers arriving there.

I didn't know that, but I would hardly call it "burning homes to the ground". Not a single person was injured or killed, of course that doesn't mean that it's not despicable.

Bavaria last week:

ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2015, 02:38:57 PM »

What?

I didn't know that, but I would hardly call it "burning homes to the ground". Not a single person was injured or killed, of course that doesn't mean that it's not despicable.

Bavaria last week:

People are literally resisting invasions of their ancestral homelands.

Justified as any other resistance to invasion.

Would you mind changing your name here? "Eichmann", for instance, would admirably fit your personality.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2015, 03:17:38 PM »

Can we ban this worthless piece of trash already?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2015, 03:26:02 PM »

This is obviously not a sustainable state of affairs.

European states can either do nothing and see waves of immigrants keep on coming, or actually spend reasonable amounts of money on defence, act to ensure stability in the source countries, and stem the flow.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2015, 04:04:58 PM »

Leftists always want to silence voices they don't agree with. I don't honestly think I've seen a comment of yours that was more than a sentence in length. It's pretty good evidence that you live in a bubble where you think everyone agrees with you and your beliefs need no explanation or justification, so you snark against those who don't agree with you and don't seem to be bothered to ever explain anything.

It is literally an invasion that is happening in Europe. Not by an organized army or a state, but an invasion of foreigners displacing people from their own home country. There are terrorist attacks in Europe regularly, and African and Mid-Eastern foreigners now commit an excessive amount of crime in their new European homes, far out of proportion to their share of the population.

Europeans are resisting. If I'm banned, whatever, you will still see the same thing. Some people don't want Germany to become Turkey, Syria, Libya, or Somalia.
Herr Eichmann, I am only asking you to stop profaning the alias you are currently using.
madelka
United States
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2015, 04:42:48 PM »

Why do you want to be banned?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2015, 04:43:51 PM »

Actually, it's not Seinfeld but ag who is most similar to Adolf Eichmann. After all, I haven't seen Seinfeld stating he's okay with European Jews being attacked yet...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2015, 04:44:15 PM »

That's some first-class sick burn we got here.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2015, 04:55:29 PM »

That's some first-class sick burn we got here.

Whatever. You've called me a racist as well, so I can't take your comments too seriously.
Seinfeld, don't listen to them.

Sockpupputing is forbidden. You can't use two accounts to back up your views, "Seinfeld". I'm pretty sure usurping the name of someone is against the ToS.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2015, 05:58:18 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2015, 06:00:40 PM by ag »

Actually, it's not Seinfeld but ag who is most similar to Adolf Eichmann. After all, I haven't seen Seinfeld stating he's okay with European Jews being attacked yet...

Unlike you, I have never called for Jews to be sent to Auschwitz. It is you, who wants a repeat of Holocaust, not me. For some reason you think you will be staying on the outside this time. I do not suffer from that delusion.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2015, 06:09:57 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2015, 06:37:36 PM by DavidB. »

Unlike you, I have never called for Jews to be sent to Auschwitz. It is you, who wants a repeat of Holocaust, not me. For some reason you think you will be staying on the outside this time. I do not suffer from that delusion.
You're implying you're really Jewish now? Hahahaha. You're more like the Kapo guy. And no, I don't think I would be staying outside if you were the one in charge. I think you would lead in real, proud Jews like me first.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2015, 06:41:54 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2015, 06:43:46 PM by ag »

You're implying you're really Jewish now? Hahahaha. You're more like the Kapo guy. And no, I don't think I would be staying outside if you were the one in charge. I think you would lead in real, proud Jews like me first.

I, of course, have never had any any doubt you would be happily standing guard as I would be ushered into a gas chamber. You are very much an SS type. At least, I do not have gold teeth: so you would be out of luck there.
BundouYMB

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2015, 07:33:49 PM »

Leftists always want to silence voices they don't agree with. I don't honestly think I've seen a comment of yours that was more than a sentence in length. It's pretty good evidence that you live in a bubble where you think everyone agrees with you and your beliefs need no explanation or justification, so you snark against those who don't agree with you and don't seem to be bothered to ever explain anything.

It is literally an invasion that is happening in Europe. Not by an organized army or a state, but an invasion of foreigners displacing people from their own home country. There are terrorist attacks in Europe regularly, and African and Mid-Eastern foreigners now commit an excessive amount of crime in their new European homes, far out of proportion to their share of the population.

Europeans are resisting. If I'm banned, whatever, you will still see the same thing. Some people don't want Germany to become Turkey, Syria, Libya, or Somalia.

You seem think very lowly of yourself, and rightly so. But even for an HP like you, life imprisonment would suffice. I'm rich enough not to care about your teeth; even your organs I would keep in tact. But maybe I'd like to take some of your totally non-Jewish blood, to make matzot for my Jewish children. By doing so, I'll render useful even something as worthless as you. We call it recycling Smiley

By the way, unlike ag's, your responses pack no punch. Still, I suppose at least you write a new comment each time, unlike Seinfeld who seems to sadly only post the same copypasta over and over in the vain attempt that someone will eventually take it seriously.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2015, 07:34:56 PM »

I, of course, have never had any any doubt you would be happily standing guard as I would be ushered into a gas chamber. You are very much an SS type. At least, I do not have gold teeth: so you would be out of luck there.
You seem think very lowly of yourself, and rightly so. But even for an HP like you, life imprisonment would suffice. I'm rich enough not to care about your teeth; even your organs I would keep in tact. But maybe I'd like to take some of your totally non-Jewish blood, to make matzot for my Jewish children. By doing so, I'll render useful even something as worthless as you. We call it recycling Smiley

I think it much more likely that you will push your own children into the gas chamber with me: why would you keep any Jews alive? Unless, of course, you first cook them in their own mother's milk and eat them.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2015, 07:44:54 PM »

I think it much more likely that you will push your own children into the gas chamber with me: why would you keep any Jews alive? Unless, of course, you first cook them in their own mother's milk and eat them.
Actually, you are the one who wants to kill all Israelis and all European Jews because you don't like Jews. By contrast, as a true, proud Jew, I want all my fellow Jews to be living in peace and safety, wherever they are. Not sure why you are constantly thinking about Jews in gas chambers, but it's pretty disturbing, even though I'm not really surprised because it's you. And I want you behind bars because you're an anti-Semite, sympathizing with dangerous movements that seek to end the existence of my people. We Jews, by the way, don't cook animals in their mothers' milk. That would even apply to dirty creatures like you, but rest assured, that's not because we would like you.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2015, 07:46:59 PM »

Oh wow.

Maybe its time to consider at least temporarily stepping away from your keyboards gentlemen? Smiley
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2015, 07:50:10 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2015, 07:52:08 PM by ag »

Actually, you are the one who wants to kill all Israelis and all European Jews because you don't like Jews. By contrast, as a true, proud Jew, I want all my fellow Jews to be living in peace and safety, wherever they are. Not sure why you are constantly thinking about Jews in gas chambers, but it's pretty disturbing, even though I'm not really surprised because it's you. And I want you behind bars because you're an anti-Semite, sympathizing with dangerous movements that seek to end the existence of my people. We Jews, by the way, don't cook animals in their mothers' milk. That would even apply to dirty creatures like you, but rest assured, that's not because we would like you.

It is you who consistently advocates policies that will result in Jews being killed. And you are doing it with so much gusto, that there can be little doubt that you imagine yourself doing the killing. I do not know why: probably, it is simple sadism. And do not say "we Jews": you are not a Jew, but a Nazi.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2015, 07:51:13 PM »

Oh wow.

Maybe its time to consider at least temporarily stepping away from your keyboards gentlemen? Smiley

Off to eat some choice Chinese pork Smiley
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2015, 07:55:15 PM »

Oh wow.

Probably the best idea. Arguing with nazis never really seemed to work anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 47  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies