Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:50:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47
Author Topic: Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread  (Read 127180 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: April 19, 2016, 05:38:25 AM »

They migrants who died weren't from Iraq or Syria. They were mostly from Somalia and Eritrea. 

oh, that's much better! i'm sure they were all having an absolutely lovely time back there!
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1101 on: April 19, 2016, 06:12:53 AM »

I don't know how to phrase this without sounding sarcastic but it's a legitimate question, do you just want to give everyone in Africa free housing and $1000 bucks a month? Do you think that's workable? If not, where do you draw the line?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1102 on: April 19, 2016, 06:44:08 AM »
« Edited: April 19, 2016, 08:35:41 AM by Simfan34 »

Someone tell me why it is imperative for refugees to go to Germany or Sweden rather than stay in war-free Turkey, Jordan, or Morocco?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1103 on: April 19, 2016, 07:06:13 AM »

Someone tell me why it is imperative for refugees to go to Germany or Sweden rather than stay in war-free Turkey, Jordam, or Morocco?
I believe the response last time was "because we don't get to decide where economic migrants end up" or something equally as stupid.
Gunnar Larsson
Rookie
Sweden

« Reply #1104 on: April 19, 2016, 10:49:51 AM »

Someone tell me why it is imperative for refugees to go to Germany or Sweden rather than stay in war-free Turkey, Jordan, or Morocco?

Or go to equally war-free Hungary, Poland, Saudiarabia and the US?

As far as Turkey and Jordan goes it is obvious that they are receiving more people than can be handled in a good way. It is hardly surprising that people prefer to not be in a limbo. It is obviously much easier to handle a set amount of refugees if they are spread over a bigger receiving population, no matter if we are talking about the local or global scale.
Gunnar Larsson
Rookie
Sweden

« Reply #1105 on: April 19, 2016, 10:52:19 AM »

yes, i'm sure those greedy refugees would be staying in syria/iraq/afghanistan/libya/etc if the naïve left-leftists would just stop giving them so many incentives Roll Eyes
obviously....not sure why the roll eyes are there

It is not naïve left-leftists that have the sick idea that it is better that people travel in very expensive and dangerous boats, rather than use cheaper and safe means of transport.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1106 on: April 19, 2016, 11:19:57 AM »

You think non-left-leftists want economic refugees to come to Europe in sh**tty boats?
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #1107 on: April 19, 2016, 12:40:32 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2016, 01:36:23 PM by Pingvin »

They migrants who died weren't from Iraq or Syria. They were mostly from Somalia and Eritrea.  

oh, that's much better! i'm sure they were all having an absolutely lovely time back there!

I'm not sure why you want them to have a lovely time in your country.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3547827/Syrian-migrant-17-joined-friends-brutal-three-hour-gang-rape.html
Gunnar Larsson
Rookie
Sweden

« Reply #1108 on: April 19, 2016, 03:33:56 PM »

You think non-left-leftists want economic refugees to come to Europe in sh**tty boats?

No, but it is a consequence of the naivety of, in your words, "non-left-leftists"
Derpist
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -2.96

« Reply #1109 on: April 19, 2016, 07:38:42 PM »

I'm not sure why you want them to have a lovely time in your country.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3547827/Syrian-migrant-17-joined-friends-brutal-three-hour-gang-rape.html

The real question will be how many months of jailtime will the perpetrator be facing?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1110 on: April 19, 2016, 09:06:28 PM »

As far as Turkey and Jordan goes it is obvious that they are receiving more people than can be handled in a good way. It is hardly surprising that people prefer to not be in a limbo. It is obviously much easier to handle a set amount of refugees if they are spread over a bigger receiving population, no matter if we are talking about the local or global scale.

...but why send them to Sweden, and give them full benefits, when the EU, if they they are feeling charitable, can help pitch in to help frontline countries bear the costs. The idea should be that their displacement is ultimately temporary. Once the conflict ends they should return to their native countries.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1111 on: April 19, 2016, 09:13:50 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2016, 09:15:28 PM by Simfan34 »

As for Eritrea, the solution is simple, elegant, and represents a triumph over the divisive designs of European colonialism. Defying the historical imperative and creating a false narrative of superiority (as is necessary for Eritrean nationhood to be internally consistent) as at the heart of why the country is today and shall continue to be a totalitarian garrison state for the foreseeable future. Only when they come to terms with their relationship with their southern neighbor will a better alternative be plausible; but such an acceptance would in itself render a separate Eritrean identity redundant...

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1112 on: April 20, 2016, 07:26:08 AM »

No,
but that's what you said.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Well no, it's a consequence of your idiot leaders telling economic migrants that they are very welcome.  If you put out a sign that says "all your dreams can come true if you figure a way to make it inside our countries" you're going to have people die trying to get there.  You may wish that they traveled on cruise ships instead of rafts, but wishes and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee.  The non"left lefitsts"don't want them coming at all.  Blaming them for people dying in route is stupid, but I suppose that's par for the course.
Gunnar Larsson
Rookie
Sweden

« Reply #1113 on: April 20, 2016, 04:58:31 PM »

No,
Well no, it's a consequence of your idiot leaders telling economic migrants that they are very welcome.  If you put out a sign that says "all your dreams can come true if you figure a way to make it inside our countries" you're going to have people die trying to get there.  You may wish that they traveled on cruise ships instead of rafts, but wishes and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee.  The non"left lefitsts"don't want them coming at all.  Blaming them for people dying in route is stupid, but I suppose that's par for the course.
I would be beneficial for the discussion if you made at least some modest fact checking before you write.. As long as life is hell in countries surrounding the EU people will try to get here and as long as the current legislation is in place they will do so on insanely dangerous boats, rather than on cheaper normal boats or airplanes. To blame the left for any of that is simply factually incorrect. Similarly it was not the left that terminated Mare Nostrum. The right will, when it returns to its senses, have to do a lot of soul searching..

Anyway, in another era..
Gunnar Larsson
Rookie
Sweden

« Reply #1114 on: April 20, 2016, 05:12:07 PM »

...but why send them to Sweden, and give them full benefits, when the EU, if they they are feeling charitable, can help pitch in to help frontline countries bear the costs. The idea should be that their displacement is ultimately temporary. Once the conflict ends they should return to their native countries.

Turkey is host to 2.7 million people, Jordan 0.6 million people (http://data.unhcr.org/syrianrefugees/country.php?id=224 and http://data.unhcr.org/syrianrefugees/country.php?id=107. Those numbers would correspond to between 10 and 20 million people if the USA would receive the same number of people as a proportion of their population. If you distribute the refugees more broadly you will get more reasonable numbers and the countries will have a better capacity to handle the refugees. It is not just about the money..
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1115 on: April 20, 2016, 05:40:48 PM »

No,
I would be beneficial for the discussion if you made at least some modest fact checking before you write.. As long as life is hell in countries surrounding the EU people will try to get here and as long as the current legislation is in place they will do so on insanely dangerous boats, rather than on cheaper normal boats or airplanes. To blame the left for any of that is simply factually incorrect. Similarly it was not the left that terminated Mare Nostrum. The right will, when it returns to its senses, have to do a lot of soul searching..

Anyway, in another era..

That meant something back before the welfare state was a thing.
Omega21

« Reply #1116 on: April 23, 2016, 04:17:19 AM »

3 Afgan asylum seekers (17-18) gang rape girl in Austria.

Studentin von drei Jugendlichen vergewaltigt

http://m.oe24.at/oesterreich/chronik/Studentin-von-drei-Jugendlichen-vergewaltigt/232777843
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1117 on: April 28, 2016, 06:33:41 PM »

Unbelievably sad. All these innocent victims all because liberal minded people don't want hurt feelings. They seem to forget that feels and emotions aren't legally relevant in society.
Omega21

« Reply #1118 on: May 03, 2016, 07:06:38 AM »

Praterstern is literraly like a mass brawl arena/ ghetto. 7 Criminal offences a day according to the Police statistics..

There were multiple stabbings/attacks/rapes, all comitted by Afghans,Iranians or Algerians, a few Syrians too, just in the past few months.... Even a video of a mass Arab brawl: https://www.unzensuriert.at/content/0020664-Brutaler-Wahnsinn-Massenschlaegerei-am-Praterstern-gefilmt
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1119 on: May 03, 2016, 08:33:52 AM »

It's about time for another excuse from our useful idiots.  Perhaps evergreen or Gunnar can reminds us that if these guys had gotten safer passage they wouldn't have been so rapey when they got here.  Tony thinks that it's his countrymen's fault for not assimilating them better. 

Maybe if we gave them all rides on cruise ships and limos to posh suites in the swanky part of town, they'd rape a little less.  Maybe they'd assimilate a little better if the people that are pro-immigration all took a refugee or 5 into their homes and taught them your peace loving secular ways?  I'm sure your little sister will be fine.
Gunnar Larsson
Rookie
Sweden

« Reply #1120 on: May 03, 2016, 03:43:19 PM »

It's about time for another excuse from our useful idiots.  Perhaps evergreen or Gunnar can reminds us that if these guys had gotten safer passage they wouldn't have been so rapey when they got here.  Tony thinks that it's his countrymen's fault for not assimilating them better. 

Maybe if we gave them all rides on cruise ships and limos to posh suites in the swanky part of town, they'd rape a little less.  Maybe they'd assimilate a little better if the people that are pro-immigration all took a refugee or 5 into their homes and taught them your peace loving secular ways?  I'm sure your little sister will be fine.

I appreciate your well mannered writing style and general sense of decency..

Obviously people that commit crimes should be sent to prison. Just as obviously people that do not commit crimes should not have to suffer for what some countrymen have done. It would be no problem to find enough horrendous crimes to start a similarly filthy campaign as this thread hos become against any people on this planet. Would it be sensible of me to assume that you will behave like Charles Manson, no.. Is it sensible of you to assume that Syrians etc. are coming to Europe commit rape, no.. Is it sensible to help people that flee from wars, yes.. Would it be sensible if countries such as Saudi-Arabia, Poland and the US took their fair share, yes..

I have lived in immigrant-rich areas for the last 15 years and I am fine thank you. Two of those years I spent sharing a flat with a brother of Hamas health minister (as well as some other people). He is now an atheist. My little sister is indeed fine, and I find it a bit creepy of you to comment on her well-being... 

So dead0man, what are you doing to improve that state of this planet?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1121 on: May 03, 2016, 06:23:00 PM »

What an odd end to an otherwise pointless post.  You almost seem to be implying that living in an immigrant-rich area is improving the state of the planet.
Omega21

« Reply #1122 on: May 03, 2016, 09:51:21 PM »

I appreciate your well mannered writing style and general sense of decency..

Obviously people that commit crimes should be sent to prison. Just as obviously people that do not commit crimes should not have to suffer for what some countrymen have done. It would be no problem to find enough horrendous crimes to start a similarly filthy campaign as this thread hos become against any people on this planet. Would it be sensible of me to assume that you will behave like Charles Manson, no.. Is it sensible of you to assume that Syrians etc. are coming to Europe commit rape, no.. Is it sensible to help people that flee from wars, yes.. Would it be sensible if countries such as Saudi-Arabia, Poland and the US took their fair share, yes..

I have lived in immigrant-rich areas for the last 15 years and I am fine thank you. Two of those years I spent sharing a flat with a brother of Hamas health minister (as well as some other people). He is now an atheist. My little sister is indeed fine, and I find it a bit creepy of you to comment on her well-being... 

So dead0man, what are you doing to improve that state of this planet?

Are you aware Sweeden is the rape capital of Europe and that there are 50 newly formed Arab ghetto no go zones in which police/services cant enter?

If your not im happy to provide you with my sources..

And you do have a point, not every Syrian will rape, in fact most will behave well.. but why bring in criminals and ruin your country when you dont have to, women, children and families are an exception.

You cant bring in 100 k 20 year old single men bursting with testosterone and not expect a ton of rape.

Derpist
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -2.96

« Reply #1123 on: May 04, 2016, 02:14:39 AM »

What an odd end to an otherwise pointless post.  You almost seem to be implying that living in an immigrant-rich area is improving the state of the planet.

It makes gentrifying white liberals feeeeel good and signal their virtue.

And isn't that what's reeeaalllly important?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1124 on: May 04, 2016, 06:19:26 AM »

You cant bring in 100 k 20 year old single men bursting with testosterone and not expect a ton of rape.

what
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies