Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:05:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread  (Read 128034 times)
Cassius
YaBB God

« on: August 20, 2015, 03:17:24 PM »

Basically, the root of the migrant problem is what needs to be tackled, and that root is the chaos and instability in the countries from where these migrant are coming. Unfortunately, nobody seems interested in doing that, so instead we're reduced to fannying about trying to mitigate with the symptoms of this problem.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 05:50:00 AM »

In the German city of Tübingen, the Green mayor Boris Palmer, threatens to confiscate [unused] private property to forcefully house asylum seekers and/or illegals ...

FF

No, that's not an FF move. That is a violation of basic property rights, which is at the core of any liberal understanding of liberty.

"Property rights" are among the most unimportant rights there is, and certainly rank waaaay below the fundamental right to housing.

Not if you own property. Although I would add that I don't think this move is going to be particularly helpful to the image of these immigrants in the minds of most of the citizen populace.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 11:57:29 AM »

Because it seems to be Xahar's learned opinion that Europeans have nothing to contribute on any subject unless it is perfect concordance with the wishes of those of, ah, entirely or partially non-European heritage, whatever those wishes might be. He's made this rather clear on numerous occasions, and, I guess, he's entitled to that view.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 03:11:36 PM »

Because it seems to be Xahar's learned opinion that Europeans have nothing to contribute on any subject unless it is perfect concordance with the wishes of those of, ah, entirely or partially non-European heritage, whatever those wishes might be. He's made this rather clear on numerous occasions, and, I guess, he's entitled to that view.

Is it? I've known Xahar for many years, but I've never drawn that conclusion.

Well, that's my impression, but then I hardly know him so...
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 08:25:10 PM »

If I recall correctly there is no official 'maximum speed limit' in Germany.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies