Crossdressing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:50:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Crossdressing
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ever crossdressed?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: Crossdressing  (Read 3876 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2015, 03:44:10 PM »

I have no problem with women cross-dressing if they want to, but men doing it is extremely creepy at best.
yeah it has been this sentiment that has ruined the lives of a lot of gay men.

CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2015, 03:45:51 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2015, 03:47:44 PM by clarence 2015! »

I have no problem with women cross-dressing if they want to, but men doing it is extremely creepy at best.

Snowguy- I am for gay rights till I die.... but how is this a problematic comment?? I do not disagree that it is....I would like you to educate me so I can correct others if they make an anti-gay comment
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2015, 06:10:31 PM »

I've crossdressed more than once and to assume that all men who crossdress are doing it for sexual or perverted reasons is kind of insensitive, to be flat honest.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2015, 06:29:58 PM »

I've crossdressed more than once and to assume that all men who crossdress are doing it for sexual or perverted reasons is kind of insensitive, to be flat honest.

Men wearing dresses, bras, etc is extremely creepy regardless of their reasons for doing so, imo.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2015, 08:07:10 PM »

to assume that all men who crossdress are doing it for sexual or perverted reasons is kind of insensitive

haha.  I sort of figured that out by trial and error.  I went to a party about 25 years ago at a friend's house--she always threw great parties--and I got there sort of early.  A few of us early-arriving nerds were standing around in her kitchen talking and drinking and sampling hors d'oeuvres when in walks the most striking, statuesque woman I'd ever seen.  Broad shoulders, strong hands, a confident but majestically feminine swagger, and such beautiful lips and eyelashes.  I had to know this woman, so I walked over and introduced myself to her, extending my hand and giving her my name.  She gripped it and said, in a low-pitched James Earl Jones sort of voice, "Hello, I'm Ronald Ashmore, but you can call me Ron.  How do you do?"  I was taken entirely aback.  "You're a man!" I exclaimed, and after a few seconds we both started laughing.  Later I met Ron's girlfriend.  She was hot too.  Looked a bit like Young Raven, but more grown-up and in real life.  

Ron turned out to be a really nice guy, and in no way comes off as perverted or one who can't hold down a job or a relationship.  We stayed in touch for several years.  His girlfriend moved on and married a Jamaican guy, and it was rumored that Ron's penchant for showing up at parties dressed as a woman really was just too much for her, but I don't hold it against either of them, and although I know he's a man, and he's straight and I'm straight, I have to say that Ron was one of the finest women I have ever known.  He was definitely into women.  I've stayed over more than once, too stupored to drive or even walk home, kept awake with him in the next room causing some bimbo to wail and moan (and, from time to time, vice-versa).  I'm just glad that his natural speaking voice gave him away very quickly the first time we met, before I did or said anything I'd really regret.

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2015, 08:28:26 PM »

Snowguy- I am for gay rights till I die.... but how is this a problematic comment?? I do not disagree that it is....I would like you to educate me so I can correct others if they make an anti-gay comment
It was the "creepy at best" part that bugs me.  Creepy denotes there is something inherently wrong or worth avoiding about it.  And creepy at best sounds like his opinion is actually lower than what he lets on but that he is holding his true feelings to avoid a negative reaction by others.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2015, 09:12:40 PM »

It was the "creepy at best" part that bugs me.  Creepy denotes there is something inherently wrong or worth avoiding about it.  And creepy at best sounds like his opinion is actually lower than what he lets on but that he is holding his true feelings to avoid a negative reaction by others.
Thank you for explaining.....
To the person who said it-  you!
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2015, 10:55:15 PM »

This is a difficult question for me to answer, even though the answer is obviously yes, kind of on multiple levels. Uh.

Cross dressing ought to be celebrated and should be acknowledged as something done for a wide variety of reasons. Some of which are certainly creepy and should remain behind closed doors, but that is the exception to the rule..
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2015, 11:00:51 PM »

I'm in the minority I guess.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2015, 11:19:59 PM »

Yes
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2015, 11:40:56 PM »

Only in the sense of wearing a band shirt from a band with a mostly female fanbase.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2015, 01:18:53 PM »

Men wearing dresses, bras, etc is extremely creepy regardless of their reasons for doing so, imo.

Well dresses and bras are entirely different kettles of fish. A bra is specifically designed for women's bodies (or for very fat men) and so would only be worn by men for a joke or for some sexual reason. A dress is only feminine in as far as contemporary Western society says so. If you look in other contexts (both temporal and geographic) it would be completely normal for men to wear their hair long, use ostentatious jewellery and cosmetics, clothe themselves in skirts/tights/heeled shoes/dresses and other such clothing. Heck it used to be commonplace to dress prepubescent boys in "girls clothes" in the early 20th century for example (if you've ever seen those pics of presidents as children dressed in outrageously feminine outfits.

The question is, then, is it "creepy" to merely transgress a social norm?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2015, 03:24:45 PM »

No, never did and never wanted to. I have a friend who throws Halloween parties and such where he encourages people to do it because he thinks it's funny, which is a sentiment I do not share. Of course, I don't do costumes either because I think they're tacky and silly. "Me" is business casual or athletic wear.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2015, 02:14:08 AM »

No.  Why do you ask?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2015, 09:39:25 PM »

Wow, we have a lot more stuffy people here than I would expect. You know, crossdressing is a pretty good way to show you really don't have any shame about your sexuality, regardless of how you identify. If someone was wholeheartedly opposed to crossdressing, I would be much more likely to question their sexuality than if they didn't care either way. Speaking as a heterosexual male who has crossdressed with other heterosexuals and homosexuals as well, I can say with absolute confidence that crossdressing for fun social occasions - which is different from crossdressing in private for sexual reasons - has absolutely no bearing on one's sexuality.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies