Which Republican can Defeat Baldwin? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:01:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Which Republican can Defeat Baldwin? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: In 2018?
Scott Walker

Paul Ryan

Rebecca Kleefisch

Ron Johnson (Assuming He Loses)

Other (Specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Which Republican can Defeat Baldwin?  (Read 6388 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« on: August 20, 2015, 07:59:16 PM »

I don't think Walker would run (he would rather run as Governor than Senator, or he could be president, who knows). Paul Ryan I think is in a cushy position in the house, so I think he's out as well. That leaves Johnson, who's ambitions would be unknown if he loses next year. There's also Sean Duffy, a three term (thus far) congressman from a lean R district who's pretty young, and the state's attorney general (Brad Schimel). Either one of them could make a run. In my opinion those two are the most likely to run, but I could be wrong.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 01:49:38 PM »

I don't think it's likely for either of them to pick up Baldwin's seat though. Fool's gold.

If 2018 is another disaster for the Dems she could go down just as easily as Feingold did. I would say its foolish to suggest it won't be competitive.

The GOP, is gonna have difficulty beyond the Romney state dems: Tester& Donnelly to beat any dems, due to Dem pickup of key govs,  in Midwest, like WI & IL, as Rauner is the weakest inc gov running. Plus Walker isnt on Ballot. Eventhough it is a midterm.

Walker could run again...
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 04:44:31 PM »

If those are the candidates you're considering, she IS unbeatable.

Find me someone better and maybe I'll reconsider. I don't know who else you have, so it doesn't look good, but maybe a random state senator would be a safer bet.

Can you please ruin the 2016 board before you ruin this one?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 09:22:07 PM »

If Scott Walker loses his presidential campaign, then I could see him going for it in 2018.

And if Ron Johnson loses (and at this point, he probably will), then I could definitely see him making a comeback.  Baldwin has had some scandals recently, so that will help any Republican running against her.

He could pull a Slade Gorton and run for the other seat, but it would be weird to run against his former colleague of just a few years ago in that case. It would also be funny having Johnson and Feingold in the Senate at the same time if he won.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 06:26:35 PM »

Let's start that Walker for Senate campaign guys!

Why would he drop his governorship (when he has unlimited terms) or possibly a cabinet position when he publicly says how much he dislikes Congress?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 06:37:46 PM »

Let's start that Walker for Senate campaign guys!

Why would he drop his governorship (when he has unlimited terms) or possibly a cabinet position when he publicly says how much he dislikes Congress?

I suspect that's a campaign tactic.

Even before his presidential run, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies