1st Parliament of South America (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:32:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  1st Parliament of South America (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1st Parliament of South America  (Read 34199 times)
Potus
Potus2036

« on: August 22, 2015, 09:45:37 AM »

I would second opening nominations for Speaker.

We are here at the start of something fresh, new, and exciting. I look forward to accomplishing our worthwhile goals during this Parliament. The first couple orders of government following the Speaker elections will be the Order of Parliament Act and the Government of South America Act. Each of these pieces of legislation will contribute to the rock solid foundation of our game.

I look forward to the work ahead. Let's get going.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 12:16:16 PM »

I am endorsing Barnes for Speaker.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 09:36:37 AM »

I motion for a vote on the election of speaker

Seconded.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 11:01:06 PM »

Thank you, Mr. Speaker.

The Standing Orders, as presented by the right honorable gentleman, enjoy the support of my Government, having been agreed upon as an agenda item by both my Conservatives and the Social Liberals. I urge my fellow Members to swiftly pass the Standing Orders to allow us to embark on the pressing political issues that lay ahead.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 11:18:47 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

I'd like to move to a vote on the Standing Orders as written. These rules provide us with a functioning Parliament, a capable body to deal with matters of public concern. Any minor changes to be proposed can be handled via amendment after crucial public matters are addressed.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 12:28:04 PM »

Aye
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 10:43:57 PM »

Aye
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 01:45:56 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2015, 02:51:54 PM by The Prime Minister »

Mr. Speaker,

I speak under direct request of the President of South America and move for a vote of confidence in my Government. As Prime Minister, it is partially my duty to rally the nation behind a unifying governing vision.

Our Government has already showed tremendous leadership in the face of smouldering structural challenges and flaming crises. Our Government has overseen the completion of a solid Constitution, established the normal working orders of Parliament, and laid the foundation for a free society. On the other hand, our Government has dealt effectively with a high-stakes, high-risk hostage crisis which saw the liberation of dozens of our own citizens from a left-wing terrorist organization.

Ahead lie even more challenges for our young nation. It is my pleasure to proudly champion the honorable Chancellor's economic standardization plan. If South America is to be free and prosperous, we must pursue economic harmonization. The Chancellor will be coming forth with legislation that creates a common currency, standardizes interest rates, and makes coherent our international trade laws. This economic union must be coupled with a national commitment to fair labor relations for both job workers and job creators.

Central to our national develop is the Ministry of Infrastructure. Our national infrastructure is central to both personal and economic freedoms. Rights to movement must not be impeded by a weak infrastructure. Our Government is greatly committed to this common good. Similarly, we show strong commitment to a national energy policy that promotes national growth and preserves our most fundamental responsibilities.

The economic prosperity that ensues from these reforms will be used, in part, to fund the first continental social protection ministry. Firstly, our government will pursue a reasonable, fair, responsible healthcare safety net that makes our nation healthier and happier. We will seek to strengthen our relations with civil institutions, communities, churches, and businesses to construct a comprehensive social safety to provide for the least fortunate among us.

If our society is to be both fair and free, then we must give due consideration to a continental education policy that fosters upward mobility and readiness for success. Education offers the surest, safest, and most effective route out of poverty, out of destitution, and into the vibrant economic and social life South America has to offer.

Greatness at home can only go so far when there is trouble abroad. My Government has been and will continue to be solidly committed to achieving diplomatic recognition around the world. To couple with this recognition, we must move forward with plans to provide for the common defense.

We must be equipped to deal with threats both foreign and domestic. As has been made clear by the recent FARC raid, our internal security is contingent on the cooperation of selfish political actors. That journalist and those soldiers are not the only hostages. As was exhibited by the President of Colombia's loud condemnation of South American action, we are all hostages to the political whimsy of arrogant, ineffective leaders.

Enough is enough. In the days ahead, my Government will pursue legislation that prepares South American countries and peacekeeping forces to more effectively deal with threats both foreign domestic.

Our Government responds to the clear mandate of the people with a clear plan of action. I speak for all members of our Government when I say that we are excited for the opportunities and ready for the challenges that lie ahead.

Thank you, Mr. Speaker.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 03:33:38 PM »

Aye.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 09:29:01 AM »
« Edited: September 09, 2015, 11:56:54 AM by The Prime Minister »

Mr. Speaker,

We have come far, but we have far to go. With the approval of a Constitution and the mandate of Presidential and Judicial elections, I stand before you today to nominate two honorable patriots who have demonstrated tremendous dedication to our young nation.

I nominate South America's expert on South America and Interim President Hashemite for the position of Judge.

I also nominate solid patriot and friend of the common man HagridoftheDeep for the Presidency of South America.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 07:46:38 PM »

I would like to bring the South American Ecosystem Protection Act of 2015 to the floor, please.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2015, 10:14:10 AM »

Aye.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2015, 11:06:14 AM »

The Government stands united behind this bill.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 01:54:07 PM »

Aye.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 04:54:14 PM »

The Second General Election has been scheduled for November 5th.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies