A Call for Unity - Time for a new center-right party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:38:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A Call for Unity - Time for a new center-right party
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Call for Unity - Time for a new center-right party  (Read 563 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 21, 2015, 11:01:29 AM »

A Call for Unity:

To the Federalist Party, Civic Renewal and the center-right:

My Friends,

I do not need to tell you how things are right now as we can clearly see the troubles Atlasia is facing and will face for the upcoming months. The dream of a Constitutional Convention nears as signatures are collected and the regions vote for an amendment to allow the Senate to take on this necessary duty, so the nation can be reformed. On this we are all united, as most of Atlasia has embraced these calls of reform and is happy to get to work so we can save the nation.

But in a political sense, we in the center-right remain divided.

I left the Federalist Party on February 2015 to create Civic Renewal because I believed the party to be broken and to be a source of disappointment to many. I left office bitter at some of the things that happened, yet hopeful on the future. As things stand, it's been several months and both Civic Renewal and the Federalists have shown that a future lies ahead for the center-right. Now that many great personalities leave the game yet we have been able to keep most of our leaders, now is the time for us to leave behind our divisions, to join forces once again, to present a united and common front to revitalize and reform Atlasia.

And so, today I make an open call. I call for both parties to merge, so we can end this division, restore unity to our sector and start a new and invigorated political party, one that will represent us all and hopefully lead us not only to electoral victory, but to success in the neccesary changes to enact.

We still have a large part to play in this nation, my friends, let us not be divided as try to do our best.

Lumine.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 12:16:27 PM »

I completely agree.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 01:46:02 PM »

I endorse the call to unite the right.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 04:33:42 PM »
« Edited: August 21, 2015, 04:48:43 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Back when the Federalists were the only right of center party back in early 2013, the two times they had to get three At-Large seats for the right, they failed and in one case failed to even keep two.

In 2014, the right consistently maintained three ROC At-Large seats across three different elections. During this period there were two ROC parties. The Federalists and the DRs.

From an organization standpoint at least, having two ROC parties has proved far more effective at winning larger numbers of Senate seats. We have more Senate seats now with three parties, than at any point in 2013 when we had 57 members, and no other ROC party, by a margin of 2-1. I now think that Cris was right in February when he said two could be more powerful than one.

There are some members, moderate, libertarian and conservative who refuse to be a party with others from another block. However as seperate parties, they can unite behind a candidate and the other parties can then lend support to get that 12 member party to the 18 to 20 necessary to win. Typically, one of those blocks scatters in a united situation or gets scooped up by the left. In 2013, a large number of libertarians were still Liberal Party members or allied with Napoleon, even after Napoleon joined Labor. Labor has the same potential to pick off libertarians, Adam has done it in several elections. The same goes for the moderates as there is usually a competting centrist party with the same effect, or once again the Laborites who can pick them off by running a rather centrist candidate. That dissipated as far as the libertarians are concerned because we had the DRs form in late 2013 leading the three ROC At-Large seats across the whole of 2014.

CRs likewise pulled a lot of people back from TPP, united them behind a candidate and have successfully kept an At-Large Senate seat combining that 10 member base with immense indy appeal (GO CRIS!!! Smiley). We probably would have only won one seat in April had the CRs not formed, instead we got two. This time hopefully we will have three but we'll see. Its hard to say that the model is holding us back.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 09:40:09 PM »

I agree with Yankee. It's not broke, so why fix it? The majority of the Senate is either Federalist or Civic-Renewal...why would we decide to change things now?

If both parties were stagnant, I could see your point. But they aren't. They are thriving, which is no way is an argument for unity, but an argument for keeping the system how it is: happily divided. Ultimately working together, but still separate, independent entities.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 11:41:16 AM »

If we're consolidating a new game. Maybe we should abolish all the parties?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 03:09:46 PM »

No, not this again.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 05:38:20 PM »

This isn't the answer this time. Our issue now, that really has been present for a while, is too many offices, too little interest, and the same structure and institutions for years now.

Dissolution at the time did set Atlasia up for another great 4-5 year run because at the time there was party deadlock and elections were way too predictable, but now we face a completely different problem.

As for this thread, I never understood why the CRs existed in the first place or why they broke off from the federalist party, so it's weird to see a call for unity now. It's clear the Federalists won't die so long as Yankee is in charge, so I expect the status quo will remain.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 07:35:12 PM »

That won't really help. You'll then just have loosely organized cults of people who PM a lot. The same thing, just harder to make cool election maps about.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 01:02:33 PM »

I've been on AlternateHistory.com for three years now, and conservatives are a very small minority on that site. Maybe that influences my thoughts here, but I think a united Center-Right Party is a really good idea, and I support it completely. What we have now works, but I think that it could work better.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 01:27:38 PM »

I've been on AlternateHistory.com for three years now, and conservatives are a very small minority on that site. Maybe that influences my thoughts here, but I think a united Center-Right Party is a really good idea, and I support it completely. What we have now works, but I think that it could work better.

7 of the 10 Senators are right-of-center. We don't need to unify to survive, the current set-up is working quite well.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 11:53:48 PM »

Well, this certainly was an astounding success on my behalf, xD

Now, if people are divided on this, seeing as some believe a single party is better yet others have countered with some fairly reasonable arguments (organizational matters, electoral advantages, the trouble of finding a unity platform for all the beliefs in the right), it might be sensible not to attempt a merge that to some might look hamfisted (it doesn't to me, but I respect that point of view).

That said, it shouldn't stop from greater cooperation now that we find ourselves in a position to do more than we could do some weeks ago. And well, if the desire for a unified party grows stronger, people know where to find me!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies