Scott Walker: I don’t have time for Black Lives Matter —
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:24:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Scott Walker: I don’t have time for Black Lives Matter —
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scott Walker: I don’t have time for Black Lives Matter —  (Read 902 times)
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 22, 2015, 11:10:21 AM »

Scott Walker: I don’t have time for Black Lives Matter — let’s talk about ‘things that matter’

ccchttp://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/scott-walker-i-dont-have-time-for-black-lives-matter-lets-talk-about-things-that-matter/
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 12:00:01 PM »

And black people don't have time for you, Scott Walker.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 12:09:53 PM »

I had a feeling back before he announced that Walker was going to be a total flop.

I don't think he really excites anyone, his rhetoric and actions have constricted his potential base of support and he is in over his head on foreign policy matters.

When you're only achievement is winning low voter turnout elections, you have an issue.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 12:38:36 PM »

Why can't Scott Walker give a direct answer to a question? It reeks of political sliminess.

I had a feeling back before he announced that Walker was going to be a total flop.

I don't think he really excites anyone, his rhetoric and actions have constricted his potential base of support and he is in over his head on foreign policy matters.

When you're only achievement is winning low voter turnout elections, you have an issue.

Wisconsin's 2014 turnout was relatively very high, I believe higher than any other state. Of course, all his elections had midterm turnout (slightly more for his recall), but I think he could've won even in a presidential year.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 12:55:52 PM »

In this case nearly any answer would be better than dodging the question.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 01:01:20 PM »

Not that any of the candidates are actually going to do anything to help black people specifically or regulate police practices. Walker is not vying for the black vote, and thus will make no promises when it comes to fighting for issues that matter to men and women of color. Walker is very clearly a politician for the business class and that's all he'll fight for.
Hydera

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 01:07:45 PM »

Hate to be the party crasher. But...

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/281611191.html

By Craig Gilbert of the Journal Sentinel Nov. 5, 2014

"Wisconsin saw its highest November turnout for governor since at least 1950, based on unofficial, nearly complete results from the Associated Press."

"Turnout was more than 54.5 percent of voting-age adults."

"That is lower than the 57.8 percent who turned out in the June 2012 recall election but higher than in any mid-term election for governor in at least 64 years. "
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 01:15:14 PM »

Stupid guy. He should have said "sure, if they would like to meet with me." Why not? Meeting with folks that disagree with you is a good way to get press, particularly if you handle it well. Part of being a leader is all about dialogue, with folks of all views - just like - dare I say it - the Atlas forum!  Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 01:17:02 PM »

He dodged the question, but he never said that he didn't have time for Black Lives Matter.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/walker-sidesteps-questions-about-meeting-black-lives-matter-n413996

Also,
>rawstory

At least this misleading headline, unlike the Trump thread with which we both take exception, was not in quotes!  Smiley
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 12:48:37 AM »

I've been predicting Walker was going to start saying self-damaging things since before he got in the race, glad to see that's finally happening.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies