Future of the Republican party? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:01:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Future of the Republican party? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: which path should the GOP take in the future?
Libertarianism

Populism

Moderation

Hardline conservatism

Everything's fine, the GOP doesn't need to change.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 86

Author Topic: Future of the Republican party?  (Read 14099 times)
bobloblaw
« on: August 28, 2015, 03:43:01 PM »

Moderation has never won an election.
bobloblaw
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 03:44:38 PM »

Actually everything is pretty fine at the state level. 31/50 governors and 70% of the state legislatures is the best the party has been since the 1920s.

The problem is McConnell and Boehner who won big in 2014 then proceeded to act as cronies by passing TPA and saving the X-M Bank
bobloblaw
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 03:46:55 PM »

I voted 'moderation' but the key thing for the GOP is to shed its image as the party of white people. There is no future for that. Within a generation America will be a majority-minority country, just like CA is today.   

Winning 70-75% of the white votes guarantees the GOP as the majority party for here on out. And yes it can and will be done by the 2030s. As whites move towards minority status, they will begin to act and vote like minorities.
bobloblaw
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 06:32:46 PM »

1952, 1992 both which brought the winning party out the wildness seems to differ.

1952 was a war hero and 1992 was a three way race. Clinton got a smaller percentage than Dukakis and barely more total votes
bobloblaw
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 06:33:47 PM »

Moderation never wins?  I bet Ike and Clinton and Nixon wish they'd gotten the results of true believers like Goldwater and McGovern...

Boblow continues to be the worst poster here, with an ideology that can more or less be described as anti-intellectualism, racism, xenophobia and pretty much just being an idiot.

A straight-up embarrassment to the Party of Lincoln.

The party of Lincoln??? A party stuck in 1865??? A party that wants tariffs and not the income tax?
bobloblaw
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 06:34:57 PM »

Moderation never wins?  I bet Ike and Clinton and Nixon wish they'd gotten the results of true believers like Goldwater and McGovern...

Boblow continues to be the worst poster here, with an ideology that can more or less be described as anti-intellectualism, racism, xenophobia and pretty much just being an idiot.

A straight-up embarrassment to the Party of Lincoln.

Some how Paul Lepage won in 2014 with a near majority and more votes than he got in 2010
bobloblaw
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 08:47:18 PM »

1952, 1992 both which brought the winning party out the wildness seems to differ.

1952 was a war hero and 1992 was a three way race. Clinton got a smaller percentage than Dukakis and barely more total votes

The 3 way race is irrelevant. The relevant fact is that Bush had about a 38% approval rating.

Bush's approval rating was in part due to a primary challenge and Perot. Perot never attacked Clinton. 6 weeks after the election Bush had a 50% approval rating.
bobloblaw
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 10:30:44 PM »

The party is going into irrelevancy, with Donald Trump & Carly Florina who might be nominees. All they have to do is allow votes on Dem issues, especially immigration reform and they will have a chance at presidential level,  but they won't.

So the GOP to win needs to be more like the Dems??? LOL. This myth refuses to die. Especially since minorities are loyal to the Dems REGARDLESS of the positions of the parties. A Dem party that was to the RIGHT of the GOP, would still win 90% of the black vote.

For every moderate vote the GOP picks up be being liberal, they lose far far more than one vote from their conservative base.
bobloblaw
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 10:31:42 PM »

Why the hell should the GOP be the "Party of Lincoln". A guy elected nearly 160 years ago???
bobloblaw
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 05:48:42 PM »

This is an interesting topic. I find myself in a unique position as I am now 27 years old, but find myself surrounded by people my age and younger who don't share my views on basic social and economic issues.

It's difficult growing up with traditional norms and then being told out of the blue that you are a racist/sexist/bigot if you disagree politically with those said traditional norms. I was raised to judge based on the content of character, not color of skin. I feel I do that. That's not racist. I think what new age liberalism pushes forward is an agenda where it isn't judged at all. That's impossible in this country. Elections are people being judged. When you commit a crime, you go before a judge. Appearance, style, hygiene, all exist because of our society which does judge. Life is about getting judged.

Stick to your beliefs. Liberals today have all the tolerance of a Soviet Gulag
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies