What will take Trump down?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:54:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What will take Trump down?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: What will take Trump down?  (Read 6935 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 22, 2015, 04:23:33 PM »

For the past two months we've seen Trump make statements and do things observers confidently predicted would mean the doom of his campaign-- but he's only grown stronger. What, if anything, will be the thing(s) that does his campaign in? I am increasingly struggling to see what could possibly do so. It's as if we've entered literal dead girl/live boy territory.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 04:50:40 PM »

His assassination after becoming Emperor of America after being term-limited out of the Presidency. Probably 52 P. S.(Post-worldwide Suicide).
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 04:53:29 PM »

madelka
United States
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 04:54:13 PM »

Hillary Clinton.
Abraham Reagan
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 2.96

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 05:05:48 PM »

His leaving the Oval office on January 20th, 2025.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 05:14:56 PM »

For the past two months we've seen Trump make statements and do things observers confidently predicted would mean the doom of his campaign-- but he's only grown stronger.

I'm a little surprised as well.

My guess is that if his supporters are still with him after all he as said, then they'll remain with him till he drops out.  I still have a hard time imagining that a majority of GOP primary voters will nominate him.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 05:15:20 PM »

His leaving the Oval office on January 20th, 2025.

... "I hereby announce that..." *deafening applause, hand gestures* "I am officially now the great..." *repeat* "Emperor of the United States of America, and we will - make this country great again after this disastrous loser's Presidency!" *louder than ever*
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 06:02:25 PM »

Had the GOP not ganged up on Trump, but just taken his entry into the race in stride, Trump wouldn't be where he is now.  People, however, are not favorably disposed to Political Elites and the Political Elites appeared to attempt to pre-empt Trump and his entire message, which just angered them further and made the rest more curious.

That a number of candidates have catered to Trump on his issue positions give the rest of the voters the sense that Trump may have been right all along, and works in Trump's favor.

Trump will be brought down when he's treated as just another candidate.  That's the secret; to make him one of the pack, and not the crusader against the "Establishment".
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 06:22:31 PM »

The guy running against the billionaires.
pho
iheartpho
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -1.39

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 06:27:08 PM »

If his mouth can't do it, I'm not sure what will. The right price?
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2015, 06:39:25 PM »

Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 08:49:07 AM »

Simple: he doesn't win. Nothing will "take him down." But I'm fairly confident he won't win enough delegates. He's either at his ceiling, or very close to it. Granted, I said that when he was around 13%, but I also never thought the McCain comments would kill him, so I have some credibility when talking about Trump.

No matter how many angry white people vote for him, it won't be enough to get him 50% of the delegates at the end of the day to win the nomination--he won't have support from either the establishment or the conservative grassroots. He won't implode (he hasn't yet), but he also won't win. He'll just, you know, kind of lose.

(Oh, and if "the guy running against the billionaires" is Sanders, he won't beat him. I mean, he'd win in a general, but the chances that both of them win their nominations is slim-to-none.)
Jacobtm

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 09:14:40 AM »

Scathing National Review articles like this:

Read the comments... While Trump gets no love on Atlas he is clearly Twitter's favorite right-winger.

https://twitter.com/NRO/status/635444736095068160
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 09:24:36 AM »

Only he himself, if he starts kicking anchor babys into the Hudson River ...

That's the problem with far-right populists. They can only destroy themselves. The attacks by the mainstream and the Left only makes them stronger.
daverep
Rookie
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 09:39:26 AM »

The night of November 8th, 2016. Trump takes the podium after his win in Florida over Hillary Clinton takes him over 270 electoral votes.

"Guys, I'm really sorry. This whole thing was just a tremendous joke that I thought would end earlier, but I kept it going because I thought it would be funny. I'm turning over the reins and recommending the electoral college elect my friend Rosie O'Donnell in my place. I'll be advising her presidency - a path to citizenship for undocumented workers and an expansion of affirmative action will be our first priorities. Together, we can make America an open and free society. Thank you and good night."
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 11:42:06 AM »

Trump
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2015, 06:59:14 PM »

Lately I have been thinking there is one thing that could hurt him and that is The Bible. After getting criticism for his performance at a values summit last month he has started touting how The Bible is his favorite book and how it is "The Best!"  It seems to me that he has opened himself to have a Sarah Palin with Katie Couric or Herman Cain "Libya Brain Freeze" type of moment with some informed journalist asking him some basic questions about Christianity/The Bible. Because I am fairly certain that he knows j--k sh-t about the Bible. If he completely embarrasses himself talking about God, how well will he do with the base of the GOP?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2015, 07:23:32 PM »

Nov 8th, 2016
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2015, 08:40:53 PM »

Mittens!
Sasquatch

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -8.52

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2015, 09:00:16 PM »

The Democratic Presidential Nominee
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2015, 09:08:27 PM »

Lately I have been thinking there is one thing that could hurt him and that is The Bible. After getting criticism for his performance at a values summit last month he has started touting how The Bible is his favorite book and how it is "The Best!"  It seems to me that he has opened himself to have a Sarah Palin with Katie Couric or Herman Cain "Libya Brain Freeze" type of moment with some informed journalist asking him some basic questions about Christianity/The Bible. Because I am fairly certain that he knows j--k sh-t about the Bible. If he completely embarrasses himself talking about God, how well will he do with the base of the GOP?

Hm...I take that as a challenge to write what I would say if I were Trump asked about the Bible.

"Take David. Total outsider, the kid wasn't part of the establishment, wasn't part of the court, he was a shepherd boy! Yet he could tell that things were going wrong in Israel. Losing wars, budget wasn't lining up, everything was just going to hell, and the people in the government didn't have a clue. King Saul...nice guy, right? Saul? Love him, but he was a loser. A total disaster. So David goes to the court and everyone loves the guy, he even negotiated the king's daughter as a bride...someone's clearly read The Art of the Deal, am I right? Israel's threatened by the Philistines, so David, totally naked, goes up to the biggest, toughest of the Philistines and knocks him dead. That's how you negotiate! Take the biggest, strongest enemy and destroy him publicly...who's going to screw you after that? There's a great statue of this...Michelangelo's David...you seen it? This guy's seen it. Powerful stuff...and David had nearly as luxurious hair as I do! I thought about buying that statue once, but I don't have the right building to stick it in yet. Maybe the White House, eh? So David becomes king. People love him, God loves him, Israel's enemies hate him. Did he have a soft spot for beautiful girls? Don't we all? So yes, story of David is really inspirational stuff."
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2015, 09:15:51 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2015, 09:23:37 PM »

It would of been nice, if Bernie caught the Trump momentum. But, they are going after same angry working class white male voters; that have kept the GOP in control of the House for nearly a decade. Perhaps; Biden jumps in and take those voters from TRUMP. Because Dems need an alternative to Clinton. Trump is the GOP version.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2015, 09:37:19 PM »

Probably some kind of sexual assault or rape thing takes him out, as I assume there is something in his past.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2015, 09:57:26 PM »

Another affair of his will leak.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length