Women in the military: yes or no?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:51:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Women in the military: yes or no?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Women in the military: yes or no?  (Read 2755 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2015, 08:13:35 AM »

I think that women should not be allowed to enlist in the army, especially in combat roles. Women are always weaker than men, they can't met physical requirements and they are usually completely useless on the battlefield. They are only good in support roles. Men unconsciously always try to help women so they care more about aiding them than about their battle task.
I agree that women should NOT be permitted in combat roles..... but wanting to banish them from the military is naive.....by the way,"army" and "military" are NOT the same thing....
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2015, 11:27:42 AM »

I agree that women should NOT be permitted in combat roles.....

Can you articulate a legitimate reason for that?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2015, 03:42:06 PM »

The one who posted this said my two reasons....
1- women are not nearly as physically capable as men,that is just a fact....
2- women in combat with men would lead men to act in ways they would not ordinarily behave..... it is a very difficult thing to see a woman suffering
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2015, 03:42:37 PM »

As long as they can meet the same physical requirements as the men, sure.

This is not what is happening though, standards are constantly being dropped in the military, among police, and firefighters to allow for women to come in.

The two "first female army rangers" who just got headlines only did so because the standards were dropped to allow them to pass.

When ISIS captures our slower, weaker, weighed-down female soldiers and starts using them as baby factories and selling them into sex slavery, well, be careful what you wished for.

The standards are sexist, you see. And they don't care how many people are going to be hurt by the lowering of these standards, just like they don't care how many are hurt by affirmative action and it's promotion of race/sex over ability. To the SJW everything, including biology, is sexist, homophobic, racist, transphobic, ableist, and whatever new term they make up next week. They are the greatest enemy human civilization has ever faced, and almost no one cares.

There's been no evidence provided that this is actually a thing that is happening.

I could believe that some activists are calling military fitness standards sexist, considering plenty of them think air conditioning in the work-place is sexist, but until I actually see that happening this is just a strawman.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2015, 03:44:20 PM »

Marokai...... there is no way a woman would be able to graduate from Ranger School if the standards were not lowered...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2015, 04:47:23 PM »

2- women in combat with men would lead men to act in ways they would not ordinarily behave..... it is a very difficult thing to see a woman suffering

1) is irrelevant if uniform standards are applied (as basically half of the posts in this thread have stated).

2) is a problem for men, not women.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2015, 06:41:19 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boudica
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_of_Arc
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molly_Pitcher
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deborah_Sampson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Cashier, aka Jennie Hodgers
http://civilwarsoldierwomen.blogspot.com/2011/01/mary-galloway.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Emma_Edmonds
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s_Battalion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lydia_Litvyak
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Witches
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2015, 09:14:04 PM »

And I could cite you MILLIONS of men whose heroism matches or beats that of those women...... there is no comparison
I love women- trust me- but they are not fighters....
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2015, 09:14:53 PM »

1) is irrelevant if uniform standards are applied (as basically half of the posts in this thread have stated).

2) is a problem for men, not women.
The problem is......standards are lowered to allow for women and THAT is a problem....
2- I disagree....it is a biological reaction,not some thing the men can control...
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2015, 11:00:49 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2015, 11:05:26 PM by Speaker and Senator-elect Harry S Truman »

And I could cite you MILLIONS of men whose heroism matches or beats that of those women...... there is no comparison
I love women- trust me- but they are not fighters....
Yet the fact remains that women have shown themselves to be capable of serving in the armed forces with distinction.

2- I disagree....it is a biological reaction,not some thing the men can control...
This really weakens your argument that "men are tougher than women." Perhaps men should be banned from serving in the military if they cannot be depended on to keep their emotions in check.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2015, 07:55:01 AM »

What do the people opposing women in combat roles have to say about the Israeli military?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2015, 08:13:16 AM »

Figs...... the Israeli military does so out of necessity.. and even still,no women in any sort of special operations- as you have women being put thru Ranger School here

Harry S Truman....
My "argument" that men are physically stronge rthen women is not an argument at all.... it is fact. And I"ll ignore your second comment because that's clearly ridiculous
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2015, 08:16:48 AM »

Figs...... the Israeli military does so out of necessity.. and even still,no women in any sort of special operations- as you have women being put thru Ranger School here

Harry S Truman....
My "argument" that men are physically stronge rthen women is not an argument at all.... it is fact. And I"ll ignore your second comment because that's clearly ridiculous

Women in combat roles, which you have argued would be disastrous. Is it disastrous in Israel? Evidence please.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2015, 08:22:31 AM »

Harry S Truman....

Women in combat roles, which you have argued would be disastrous. Is it disastrous in Israel? Evidence please.
I'd argue women are NOT in combat roles.........I've yet to hear an exmple of a woman in combat... they are in combat ZONES yes.... but do they have women in infantry units? Artillery? I know they do not in special operations as I said above...

I f I am wrong- I am the kind of fellow who woul d admit it,so feel free to prove me wrong.... but I've spoken about this with many,many, many of my fellow veterans.....we are unanimous, even the females.....
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2015, 08:26:10 AM »

Women have been in combat roles in the IDF since 2000, and they make up 3% of Israel's combat forces.

http://www.idf.il/1086-14000-EN/Dover.aspx
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2015, 08:29:23 AM »

Women have been in combat roles in the IDF since 2000, and they make up 3% of Israel's combat forces.

http://www.idf.il/1086-14000-EN/Dover.aspx
I stand corrected....thank you for providing me that information....

I still maintain that Israel does that out of necessity,but you are right that it has not had disastrous results.... some thing for me to consider
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2015, 10:34:56 AM »

I'm still waiting for a cite that the standards were lowered for Ranger School.  I know there has been talk in the past, especially when there were a few women trying to go through the USMC infantry officer training, but as far as I recall, no changes were made to anything (and they better not be, that would be very wrong).

I understand the arguments against letting women into combat roles, and there may even be some truth to some of them, but they don't trump what's fair, and what's fair is letting the very very few women that want to try, to try.  If they make it, we'll have to give them something to do.  There are several ways female special forces could make a big impact on our game... dudes can do a lot to blend in to an environment, but they can only go so far.  But a woman?  They can blend in anywhere and not be a perceived as a threat at all.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2015, 04:33:07 PM »

Yes, clearly. Anyone who says otherwise is a misogynist, consciously or subconsciously.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2015, 07:28:57 AM »

Yes, clearly. Anyone who says otherwise is a misogynist, consciously or subconsciously.

Standing on a high horse is not how you win debates. I agree that women should be allowed to serve in the military, so long as the standards are not lowered, but just declaring anyone who disagrees with you a misogynist is immature. Why not address the other side and actually make a coherent argument. "sexist, sexist, sexist!" remarks don't help your cause.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2015, 07:30:47 AM »

Standing on a high horse is not how you win debates. I agree that women should be allowed to serve in the military, so long as the standards are not lowered, but just declaring anyone who disagrees with you a misogynist is immature. Why not address the other side and actually make a coherent argument. "sexist, sexist, sexist!" remarks don't help your cause.

I don't disagree in general, but in this case there's not really much of a coherent argument presented in defense of women not being allowed in combat that doesn't boil down to sexism.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies