Women in the military: yes or no? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:20:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Women in the military: yes or no? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Women in the military: yes or no?  (Read 2812 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 23, 2015, 01:10:07 PM »

The two "first female army rangers" who just got headlines only did so because the standards were dropped to allow them to pass.
cite?  A brief Googling showed me accusations of that, but no proof.  And my Google Fu is strong.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 10:34:56 AM »

I'm still waiting for a cite that the standards were lowered for Ranger School.  I know there has been talk in the past, especially when there were a few women trying to go through the USMC infantry officer training, but as far as I recall, no changes were made to anything (and they better not be, that would be very wrong).

I understand the arguments against letting women into combat roles, and there may even be some truth to some of them, but they don't trump what's fair, and what's fair is letting the very very few women that want to try, to try.  If they make it, we'll have to give them something to do.  There are several ways female special forces could make a big impact on our game... dudes can do a lot to blend in to an environment, but they can only go so far.  But a woman?  They can blend in anywhere and not be a perceived as a threat at all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies