The topless parade. Pride or Shame?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:58:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The topless parade. Pride or Shame?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The topless parade. Pride or Shame?  (Read 6890 times)
Bro Rogers
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 24, 2015, 08:19:10 AM »

So yesterday the girls who hate all boys were showing their breasts in NY to fight for the gender equality.
I may be wrong, but I truly believe that walking naked in public is inappropriate for both genders. That shows that a person has no culture of social behavior.
Anyway women have all the same rights as men do and such parades make absolutely no sense. Except of giving some minutes of pleasure for the men watching of course.
Thank you girls! We love ya! Hahaha
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 08:20:42 AM »

C'mon pal....include some pictures!
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 08:46:22 AM »

Troll thread, probably. Still, I don't think "topless parades" have any place in a decent city. (Men shouldn't be walking around through a city "topless" either.)
Jacobtm

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 09:27:46 AM »

I've seen a girl walking around NY with her dress pulled down just loving the attention.

Could have caused a car crash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw7PjickeFc
Bro Rogers
Rookie
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 09:46:56 AM »

C'mon pal....include some pictures!
I'd love to! But I can't include pics or links yet as long as I'm a newbie here and unfortunately don't have a lot of time to spend here.
I hope that in few threads or comments the moderators will allow me to.
Now you can google yourself
This news I found on the Guardian.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 11:32:34 AM »

Why do sexists always tend to freak out at topless women or breastfeeding, when it's clear they otherwise see women as nothing but sex objects? Do they resent seeing a naked woman they can't have sex with?

Anyway, the freakout is hilarious.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 12:34:39 PM »

Men and women should both be allowed to be topless in public (normal, not a prude).
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 12:35:48 PM »

We should all just walk around naked (sane)
sparkey

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: -7.30

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 01:25:21 PM »

Topless women is an odd thing to be offended about in modern Western culture. It harms nobody. Although I have no problem with people exercising their freedom of speech and telling these women why they think they ought to cover up, there's no reason why they oughtn't have the right to be topless. Cultural norms staying cultural and not part of the legal system is what's breast. I mean, best. I mean, what were we talking about?
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 07:16:09 PM »

Men and women should both be allowed to be topless in public (normal, not a prude).

What, in particular, is wrong about being prudish in this particular situation. I no more wish to observe the breasts of some random woman in the street than I wish to observe a man who has his dick dangling out on said street. There is nothing illogical about this desire, and it is one that I can only assume is shared by the vast majority of the population.

Topless women is an odd thing to be offended about in modern Western culture. It harms nobody. Although I have no problem with people exercising their freedom of speech and telling these women why they think they ought to cover up, there's no reason why they oughtn't have the right to be topless. Cultural norms staying cultural and not part of the legal system is what's breast. I mean, best. I mean, what were we talking about?

Having to, potentially, interact with a stranger who has their breasts (which, for most people, are a rather private part of their body) hanging out is something that I can only imagine to be greatly discomfiting and embarrassing for a great many people. It most certainly is not something that harms nobody.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 11:02:28 AM »

No shirt, no service. Just be a normal, sane person and don't run around without a top.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2015, 01:36:51 PM »

What, in particular, is wrong about being prudish in this particular situation. I no more wish to observe the breasts of some random woman in the street than I wish to observe a man who has his dick dangling out on said street. There is nothing illogical about this desire, and it is one that I can only assume is shared by the vast majority of the population.

Having to, potentially, interact with a stranger who has their breasts (which, for most people, are a rather private part of their body) hanging out is something that I can only imagine to be greatly discomfiting and embarrassing for a great many people. It most certainly is not something that harms nobody.

To be fair, I passed a man the other day who was wearing the most hideous tops you could imagine. It was one of those rugby style shirts with thick horizontal stripes in brash primary colours. It caused me A horrid amount of discomforture, but alas it is his freedom to wear gross shirts.

The breasts and nipples are not a sexual organ, however we view them in society, so exposing it is not like a man's penis being allowed free reign. Rather it is directly comparable to a man's breast. So as long as we treat both kinds of nipple with equal treatment, I don't see anything wrong with parade. Perhaps it's time society behaved less like sning schoolboys over the issue.

As an obvious addendum, at what point during a transwoman's transition does the nipple become verboten?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2015, 02:34:26 PM »

I prefer the streaking craze more myself, but then only I and Clarence are ones old enough to remember that one. Smiley
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2015, 08:40:45 PM »

I prefer the streaking craze more myself, but then only I and Clarence are ones old enough to remember that one. Smiley

Ahem. At my 35th college reunion last year the class of 2009 streaked our class of '79 disco party so that we could relive the moment.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2015, 09:01:34 PM »

pho
iheartpho
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -1.39

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015, 09:17:44 PM »

Feminism is in such sorry shape.  The 19th century had suffragettes, we have these clowns who will one day brag to their grandchildren that they fought tooth and nail to freely expose their breasts in public like indecent slobs.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2015, 10:36:35 PM »

Explain. 
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 12:12:14 PM »

Anyway women have all the same rights as men do and such parades make absolutely no sense. Except of giving some minutes of pleasure for the men watching of course.
Thank you girls! We love ya! Hahaha

This is actually a common criticism of this sort of thing within feminism, but hearing it from one of the men in question is creepy.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2015, 12:39:04 PM »

Obviously this.  Especially now, when the prude in Gracie Mansion is using OMG BREASTS!! as a pretext to take street space away from people.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2015, 02:23:17 PM »

Feminism is in such sorry shape.  The 19th century had suffragettes, we have these clowns who will one day brag to their grandchildren that they fought tooth and nail to freely expose their breasts in public like indecent slobs.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 02:29:54 PM »

Explain. 

Well, it physically harms no-one, other than the proverbial guy who gets distracted (as we men, regrettably, do) and walks into a lamp post or crashes his car. However, if we apply a broad definition of harm to include discomfiture, then having these, ah, items on display most certainly will cause discomfiture and embarrassment for many, and thus harm.

Although I would like to add that I'm not exactly on board with the whole 'well if it harms no-one what's the problem' argument, given that it's a fairly short term argument that doesn't address what might happen to society as a whole should this type of thing come to be widely accepted.
sparkey

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: -7.30

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2015, 03:29:57 PM »

Although I would like to add that I'm not exactly on board with the whole 'well if it harms no-one what's the problem' argument, given that it's a fairly short term argument that doesn't address what might happen to society as a whole should this type of thing come to be widely accepted.

And if topless women in public becomes widely accepted, then society as a whole will...?
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2015, 03:30:44 PM »

Put some clothes on. Nobody should be going around topless, men or women.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2015, 03:33:22 PM »

There is nothing wrong with it. I get DeBlasio's position; it's a tourist destination, he doesn't want people to not want to bring their kids, but if our culture accepts shirtless men, then what the hell is wrong with shirtless women? People need to stop being prudes.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2015, 03:41:08 PM »

I like topless women (heterosexual normal)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies