Can Trump just implode already?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:11:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Can Trump just implode already?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Can Trump just implode already?  (Read 10603 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 24, 2015, 09:52:09 AM »

For what it's worth, he's ruining our brand right now. I know people in our party want honesty and there is a big anti-politician sentiment in the party right now but there are other candidates that can appeal to Trump supporters but they can't get their message out because it's NOTHING but Trump on the news.

I know he most likely won't be the nominee, but he is starting to pull candidates to the hard right and at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if we had a repeat of 2012 at our hands.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 09:57:43 AM »

You're right. This has been going on for too long, and I'm really starting to worry now.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 09:58:44 AM »

Sorry, but this election is already over. It's better you accept it now.

Either Trump is your nominee and loses, or Trump isn't your nominee but damages the party brand so badly over the coming months that it can't recover (as if the brand isn't already damaged enough). There are NO other possible scenarios at this point thanks to the media oversaturation of a bonafide STAR like Donald Trump. The public usually isn't paying attention to elections at this point, but because of him they are, and they've already made up their minds.

Better luck next time. Maybe next time don't let your party humor an insane billionaire's racist ramblings about birth certificates, Mexicans, etc for 8 years just because they want to stick it to the (black) Democratic president, and then expect him to just go away quietly when you don't need him anymore.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 10:00:13 AM »

Sorry, but this election is already over. It's better you accept it now.

Either Trump is your nominee and loses, or Trump isn't your nominee but damages the party brand so badly over the coming months that it can't recover (as if the brand isn't already damaged enough). There are NO other possible scenarios at this point thanks to the media oversaturation of a bonafide STAR like Donald Trump. The public usually isn't paying attention to elections at this point, but because of him they are, and they've already made up their minds.

Better luck next time. Maybe next time don't let your party humor an insane billionaire's racist ramblings about birth certificates, Mexicans, etc for 8 years just because they want to stick it to the (black) Democratic president, and then expect him to just go away quietly when you don't need him anymore.

Just stop.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 10:02:20 AM »

I'm basically agreeing with your concern. I'm just being more blunt about it Smiley
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 10:08:18 AM »

You can't dump the Trump.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 10:24:05 AM »

The GOP has four choices:

1. Nominate Rubio
2. Nominate Bush
3. Nominate Paul
4. Lose
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 10:36:10 AM »

I know. It's just getting annoying and frustrating now.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 10:44:08 AM »

Nominating Jeb is risky too. He will be reaffimimg his brother's policies, which were bad for the country. Walker, Jeb or Trump will not give GOP back WH. Rubio or Kasich may, & if Biden jumps in; they will lose to him.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 10:51:35 AM »

I don't think that is going to happen. He's going to be quite careful about what his does from this point on so that he does not implode.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 10:54:53 AM »

You've created this monster, so.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2015, 10:57:15 AM »

But Sanders v Trump always for the moderate hero's wet dream of Huntsman/Bayh
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2015, 11:31:25 AM »

The GOP has four five choices:

1. Nominate Rubio
2. Nominate Bush
3. Nominate Paul
4. Nominate Kasich
5. Lose

FTFY Wink

I've got to tell you, I'm not so convinced John "God Wanted me to Expand Medicaid" Kasich could win a general election. I think his lack of diversity in his Ohio cabinet will be used against him in a major way in a general election. Additionally, if you think Jeb stumbled on Iraq, Kasich went from urging an invasion in 2002 to now saying he never would have gone in. 
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 11:32:29 AM »

The GOP really did create this guy.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2015, 11:36:31 AM »

I can't believe I'm actually going to agree with Dudeabides here. Trump is going to make us look stupid and he probably will say something stupid in a debate with Clinton and will cause her to win a Reagan style landslide.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2015, 11:50:45 AM »

You all completely underestimated Donald Trump two months ago and you're paying the price for it now. He is in it to win it and if you want to stop him you can't just wait and hope he goes away on his own.

At this point, given how weak Jeb is, your best anti-Trump option might be Ben Carson. Wink
xavier110
United States
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 11:56:00 AM »
« Edited: August 24, 2015, 11:59:48 AM by xavier110 »

You all completely underestimated Donald Trump two months ago and you're paying the price for it now. He is in it to win it and if you want to stop him you can't just wait and hope he goes away on his own.

At this point, given how weak Jeb is, your best anti-Trump option might be Ben Carson. Wink

Seriously. I made a thread like a month ago saying Trump was here to stay and all the Republicans here trotted out 538 articles about flavors of the month. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at the fundamentals of this race and the polls to see that Trump will last through the first contests. Now they're saying that once people have their ballots in hand, they'll second guess their decision. Nope. If he's polling on top before Iowa, he will win Iowa. It's that simple. Why does the GOP live in perpetual denial? Oh yes, because they have created an alternate universe where they are spoon fed lies and exist in an echo chamber.

Somewhat paradoxically, this same alternate universe helped produce Trump. Funny, huh? Nothing better than an uneducated, angry base of working class voters fed up with the establishment elites who love their trickle down economics and widening the gap between the wealthy and everyone else. Have the poor GOP voters finally seen through the charades? Is the Reagan coalition crumbling?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2015, 12:10:31 PM »

We have created a monster.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2015, 12:12:02 PM »

Propaganda has consequences.
JonathanSwift
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2015, 12:16:01 PM »

1. Nominate Rubio
2. Nominate Bush
3. Nominate Paul
4. Nominate Kasich
5. Lose

FTFY Wink

I've got to tell you, I'm not so convinced John "God Wanted me to Expand Medicaid" Kasich could win a general election. I think his lack of diversity in his Ohio cabinet will be used against him in a major way in a general election. Additionally, if you think Jeb stumbled on Iraq, Kasich went from urging an invasion in 2002 to now saying he never would have gone in.  

Absolutely no one who would ever consider voting for any Republican is going to vote against Kasich because "his cabinet was too white." In fact, if the media or the Clinton campaign attempted to use that idiotic line of attack (which I doubt), it would be more likely to backfire and help Kasich than it would be to cost him the election.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2015, 12:31:29 PM »

1. Nominate Rubio
2. Nominate Bush
3. Nominate Paul
4. Nominate Kasich
5. Lose

FTFY Wink

Absolutely no one who would ever consider voting for any Republican is going to vote against Kasich because "his cabinet was too white." In fact, if the media or the Clinton campaign attempted to use that idiotic line of attack (which I doubt), it would be more likely to backfire and help Kasich than it would be to cost him the election.

Lol yes. Pretty rich that a Jeb! supporter thinks that would ever be an issue. Voters are simple and have simple concerns. Like the last name "Bush."
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2015, 12:36:44 PM »

1. Nominate Rubio
2. Nominate Bush
3. Nominate Paul
4. Nominate Kasich
5. Lose

FTFY Wink

Lol yes. Pretty rich that a Jeb! supporter thinks that would ever be an issue. Voters are simple and have simple concerns. Like the last name "Bush."

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2015, 12:39:11 PM »

I'd say everything needs to be done to make sure he doesn't win Iowa or New Hampshire.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2015, 12:46:10 PM »

Donald Trump is an embarrassment and needs to go back to 1850 where he belongs.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2015, 12:51:23 PM »

The GOP deserves this.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies