Carson suggests possible drone use on US borders
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:49:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Carson suggests possible drone use on US borders
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Carson suggests possible drone use on US borders  (Read 783 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 21, 2015, 02:46:18 PM »
« edited: August 21, 2015, 03:01:03 PM by ElectionsGuy »

Link

I couldn't find a thread already on this, so I thought I would make it. My respect for Carson has drastically deteriorated over the past few weeks. From his comments on foreign policy to this, its increasingly clear that he's trying to outdo anybody and everybody. Rand Paul did a 13 hour filibuster over this very issue - using drones on American soil without due process. I expect him to hit Carson over this in the next debate, but this is an insane idea and anybody who supports this clearly doesn't support the constitution.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 04:26:11 PM »

Carson is the perfect example of polling not meaning much this far out.  Yeah he's leading by 7 (3 points more than the next Republican) against Clinton in NC, but there's no way he'd last if voters started scrutinizing him.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 04:49:14 PM »

If he wasn't a lunatic, he wouldn't be a leading Republican candidate.
Jacobtm

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 04:58:18 PM »

Obama, the first president to drone-assasinate an American citizen without a warrant, drones countless innocent people around the world in the hunt to get a few terrorists here and there.

Carson just wants to do it to illegals.

I don't know man. Strange days we live in.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 05:28:23 PM »

Obama, the first president to drone-assasinate an American citizen without a warrant, drones countless innocent people around the world in the hunt to get a few terrorists here and there.

Carson just wants to do it to illegals.

I don't know man. Strange days we live in.

You can't kill someone because you have a warrant.  There is no such thing as a warrant to kill a person.

But, we are at war with Al Qaeda, so we can kill Al Qaeda members using legal methods.  Bombing combatants from the air is perfectly lawful under the rules of war.  People shouldn't bring up citizenship either.  It doesn't matter in a war.  If you're fighting in a war against America, America can kill you.  Thems the breaks as they say.
Jacobtm

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 05:34:07 PM »

But, we are at war with Al Qaeda, so we can kill Al Qaeda members using legal methods.  Bombing combatants from the air is perfectly lawful under the rules of war.  People shouldn't bring up citizenship either.  It doesn't matter in a war.  If you're fighting in a war against America, America can kill you.  Thems the breaks as they say.

If we're getting tough then, I would say that foreigners sneaking into the U.S. are literal invaders, and dealt with militarily. And if drones are part of the solution to keeping our border secure, then so be it.

All this pursuant to Article IV, Section 4 of the constitution:

"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 05:57:57 PM »

If we're getting tough then, I would say that foreigners sneaking into the U.S. are literal invaders, and dealt with militarily. And if drones are part of the solution to keeping our border secure, then so be it.

All this pursuant to Article IV, Section 4 of the constitution:

"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."
There's a difference between having the legal authority to do something, and that thing being in any way moral or acceptable.   Killing people just for trying to live in our country is a monstrous thing to do, and no amount of clever wording to make it technically legal (if you squint) can change that. 

Anyway, illegal immigrants are not enemy combatants.   There is no 'league of immigrants' to be in combat with.  They have no military, leaders, or organization of any kind.  They are literally just a bunch of random people from across Latin America with no association with each other.  The United States can't be at war with a bunch of random people from around the world.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 06:20:38 PM »

I really would like that to be repeated over and over by Republican party candidates. Will do wonders for the general election.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 06:17:38 PM »

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/read-my-lips-carson-gets-testy-on-cnn-over-drones-at-border-comments/
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 07:06:58 PM »

Its good that he clarified his comments. However, its not like him to be mad at reporters for simply asking him questions. He's usually very tempered.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies