Determining regulations of Constitutional Convention. (FINAL VOTE) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:49:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Determining regulations of Constitutional Convention. (FINAL VOTE) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Determining regulations of Constitutional Convention. (FINAL VOTE)  (Read 7515 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« on: August 27, 2015, 06:03:02 AM »

You guys should also address regions like the Pacific and the Midwest since they're low on activity and we need delegates from there. I like Griffins idea also but we should try to equal spilt them up between every region.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 06:48:48 AM »

I don't think Bores idea is one possible two feasible and three shouldn't happen. The other system in place makes more sense. It ones makes sure it's not even close to partisan, let's the regional legislature decide on who would be the best for their own region. And lastly lets more active members get in their instead of somebody from ANUS or NNP who's main goals are to kill and tear the game apart.

Oh and Bore reopen the stock markets now.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 09:47:25 AM »

I don't think Bores idea is one possible two feasible and three shouldn't happen. The other system in place makes more sense. It ones makes sure it's not even close to partisan, let's the regional legislature decide on who would be the best for their own region. And lastly lets more active members get in their instead of somebody from ANUS or NNP who's main goals are to kill and tear the game apart.

Oh and Bore reopen the stock markets now.

lol

I doubt atlasia has more than 25 active members so I'd be surprised if there are any active members who want to be in the ConCon but are frozen out, for instance even the supposedly superactive senate is half dead in terms of membership. By making people who want to serve actively have to announce their candidacy and face an election you will actually get more active people, as opposed to a governor or chairman choosing inactive hacks.

Going through your (attempted?) list of why you don't like my suggestion, it's obviously possible, feasible means the same thing as possible and shouldn't happen is just you saying you don't like it, which we already knew.

As for your defence of the other proposal, the idea that it's less partisan is laughable, as it literally involves party chairman choosing seats, along with both a senate and governors who are just as, if not far more, partisan than voters.
Look who's talking about being active? The problem is people are more likely to only vote yes for the people who share their ideology.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 10:36:04 AM »
« Edited: August 29, 2015, 10:37:51 AM by Classic Conservative »

Please get out Blair, you aren't a citizen anymore of Atlasia
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 10:39:27 AM »

It's abundantly clear that this, the worst Senate in Atlasian history, should not have a hand in choosing the delegates to such an important convention. It is also astounding that people are arguing that political parties should be excluded from the process because of their ideology - RIP democracy.
I know why you think this is the worst senate beacuse a its a conservative senate, b they won't dissolve Atlasia and come over to the great Mock Parliament.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 01:58:45 PM »

This Senate's decision to award Constitutional Convention delegates on the basis of political party membership is an entirely novel and disturbing trend in Atlasian history.  Never have partisan considerations played such a prominent role in reshaping Atlasian society.
This wasn't a conservative proposal remember it was Grifs idea
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 01:58:37 PM »

what about random selection? perhaps restricted to people who have made more than x posts in the atlasia boards over the last week, if necessary?
Random selection is a bad idea it's not fair for some posters and newer posters who might want to we should do it by the legislature, the parties with more than 10 people and the senate.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 01:15:22 PM »

Post counts benefit people that haven't been here for a long time like Leinad, myself and others, it doesn't benefit Clarence or others who have come back. It only benefits long time posters like yourself, Yankee, Cris, Kal and others. I urge the Senate not to take up post counts. As they are ridiculously unfair.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 01:23:52 PM »

Post counts benefit people that haven't been here for a long time like Leinad, myself and others, it doesn't benefit Clarence or others who have come back. It only benefits long time posters like yourself, Yankee, Cris, Kal and others. I urge the Senate not to take up post counts. As they are ridiculously unfair.

we're talking about posts over the last week (or some other time interval, who knows)

read the thread before commenting pls
I have read the thread multiple times, but still this idea still just doesn't make any sense why would give people positions in a Constitutional Convention by how many posts they made.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 03:06:37 PM »

this senate should not be picking nearly half the delegates. terrible amendment.
Nobody even likes your idea about random selection and the majority of active posters like this idea and if you didn't like this Admendment maybe you should tried harder to get elected.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 04:21:25 PM »

this senate should not be picking nearly half the delegates. terrible amendment.
Nobody even likes your idea about random selection and the majority of active posters like this idea and if you didn't like this Admendment maybe you should tried harder to get elected.

go back to your neonazi rally or whatever kthx
I'm the neonazi here, look who's talking you commie.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 05:58:20 AM »

It's Happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Viva la Atlasia! Viva la Constitution!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2015, 06:37:24 PM »

I have a question to my friends in the Senate, does the people of your region vote for you or the whole entire country?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2015, 07:47:29 PM »

I have a question to my friends in the Senate, does the people of your region vote for you or the whole entire country?
Just the people in your Region.
Ok Thanks
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies